Dual Wielding

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Zudoshimoari, Nov 30, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zudoshimoari

Zudoshimoari Forum Greenhorn

Hi
    It would be reallt awsome if you devs could put dual wepons for the dragon knight,and maybe dual crossbow for the ranger
    it would make the gamplay very interesting

2. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

How so? How would it make it interesting? I think interesting would be new skills... but switching shield for another sword... I don't see what that does. The extra sword adds damage? or adds speed? I don't see any way that can be OP or anything.

3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I always find this idea interesting. This is because of the very first demo video of the game released show a dual wield sword character. This character never made it into the game once closed beta started. You can have a look at him in the first post in the Media Library - Trailers & Teasers

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

4. TheInfamous

Yes I've seen that video and I was also interested in it but a DK that can wield 2 swords? It would have to be a huge update that totally reworks the class. And the dual wield class had different skills so I'm sure it was a different class. Unfortunately we got these annoying support class dwarves and who knows until another new class is added?

I really think dwarves are annoying. To fight against, to have in your team, and to play as one.. all equally annoying.

5. ~IceAngel~

~IceAngel~ Junior Expert

How bout dual wierld bows why should DK get 2 swords if we can not get 2 bows?(maybe throw in a 3rd hard so we can use the bows)

6. Zudoshimoari

Crossbows, dual crossbows for rangers
    Dual swords would add more dmg, you risk some tankyness for more dmg output

7. TheInfamous

Oh, then mages should get 2 wands too. lol

8. Zudoshimoari

mages should have a 2-handed staff, and a wand and an orb or scroll

KingOfTrolls66 likes this.
  9. ~IceAngel~

~IceAngel~ Junior Expert

thats no fun i was hoping i could get 2 predadors

Brian1919 likes this.
  10. TheInfamous

We already have that. Just like Rangers have any bow, long or short, and an offhand shield or quiver. And DKs have any 1h weapon and shield or just a 2h weapon.

How do you decide that only the rangers and DKs get to be dual wielders? lol

The dwarves might want double pistols too... so this way, they have cannon damage but with pistol speed. awesome, right?

11. KingOfTrolls66

KingOfTrolls66 Forum Apprentice

I like the humor post, funny that you got a serious post about it.

12. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

Learn the arts of duel wielding. Use a 2 handed, it has twice the dmg stats :D. Only downside is slower.

13. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

Actually downsides are getting four rather than eight bonuses (which you would get from a legendary one-handed weapon and an offhand) as well as no default block+armor/critical bonus from offhand, not to mention slower attack speed.

14. ~IceAngel~

~IceAngel~ Junior Expert

I am telling you guys....dual predadors +20concetrationx2 +30% speedx2 and a lot of red arrows

Brian1919 likes this.
  15. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

wrong, 2 handed weps have higher attribute bonus, so you basically have 8 offensive attributes

16. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

no huge update to replace one item for another , duel wielding would be much better, it would look better. rangers could have duel arrows instead of single shot, dk's 2 swords, axes.. dwarfs duel guns... spellweavers they can have 2 powers from hands

17. Brian1919

Brian1919 Junior Expert

The only problem with duel wielding, which is why they may have just gone for two handed weapons, is that you're going to have a ton of gem slots for your weapons. Kind of like Ice Angel's dual Predator joke up there, imagine having to face a dk who has 15 top level rubies. Doesn't sound too enticing. To keep things on track with what they've got in game now, they'd have to have special items in a class by themselves as dual wield, just so there wouldn't be people rocking two cloaked wraiths etc.

18. soxx101

soxx101 Forum Connoisseur

and ?... its the same as players on here using cheat engine so it dont matter who ur up against.. some ppl will always have better stuff, coz they cant do it the hard way like everyone else..

19. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Obviously any dual wield character would have to be a new class. Then these sort of problems could be balanced out. If you go back to that original demo teaser you will also notice that the character has some casting ability as well. He also gets one-hit dead at the end, lol.

For whatever reason this idea was abandoned when the game went live. But like I said I have always thought it was an interesting concept. Perhaps one day the devs will get back to it.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Brian1919 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.