Feedback Dunes of Desolation

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Sep 7, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

Is the mini quest Hunting Nightmares (1/1) in Evergreen Oasis bugged?
    I get stuck at the "Bring the enchanted sandlass vial to Soraya", don't have one and quest guidance don't work for it at all.

SOLVED: Broken sandglass gives out Enchanted vials besides the normal ones.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    ViktorG75 likes this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Seriously dude? They are scattered all over the map ... and they are shining and sparkling so you can't miss them. :D
    Quest guidance is not working as intended ... because not all of them will give you the sandglass. The sandglass is random drop from any of them.
    http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Hunting_Nightmares

3. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

it would be pretty nice if this was a bug and not the way the quest works. obviously it is their fault for not giving the proper instructions for this part of the quest. what you asked to do is to bring an Enchanted sandglass vial to Soraya. to do that you have to buy repair scrolls from Fahid at the cost of 100 Bone Coins or 75 anders and you use these scrolls on the broken sunglass vial in the Evergreen Oasis. however the Enchanted sandglass vial is not a guarranteed drop. so good luck trying.

4. Tilwin90

Tilwin90 Padavan

Ok, it's official: this event is so bad I wouldn't change a thing! As in... there's your recycle bin, throw it away and you're done with it.
    Honestly... the mini event was one of the most stressful and exruciating experiences I have lately had to deal with... and it was the first time I started doing something in Drakensang and just gave up from frustration.
    200 items dropped from the few monsters that drop it in a secondary map, with a rather mediocre drop rate on top of it?! I would be insane if I continued with this. The amount of bone coins I'd need to enter the map that many times (what is it... 12-13?) is incredible... and not in a good way. And I don't have those coins available, nor am I paying my hard earned andermant for that. I can only naively hope that the quest continues during the next timeframe from where I left it off...
    WOW... just WOW....

5. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

well, yeah traki you are correct. however, you should mention that bp on their part did not design the instructions properly, because if they had, the quest should say something like this: " buy repair scrolls from Fahid and use them on the sandhills in the Evergreen Oasis to obtain the Enchanted vial and return it to Soraya". am i wrong?

6. Mesala

Mesala Advanced

Yes, seriously, "dude". Nowhere in game it says where the enchanted one drops, all you get is normal on the "shiny" ones as you say it. Luckily I was persistant monkey so I got one enchanted vial.

7. trakilaki

But it is working and it is designed properly. :D
    You are missing the big picture here ... take this quest as an example (the quest name) "No Drink For FREE" ... this Free To Play game wants you to spend ... that is the main motto. :D
    The same thing is happening in the second challenge ... you need to buy Dust Cloth so you can open those urns ... and the quest item is dropping only from one of them.

You have your answers in the forums, in Wiki ... and you didn't bother reading them.
    What else you want in game ... maybe a private tutor playing for you? :D

geoff1 likes this.
  8. Play.4.Fun

Play.4.Fun Someday Author

I am talking about that last months, but no one even agree with me.

Most used word in this forum is "GRIND" and for what? Every R you have same feature: " increase drop rate for 0,xx%" but no one even stop to calculate is this really true? Every items now comes in tiers and you need 4 items for tier2 and 12 for tier3 (with one core). So how many % you need to increase drop rate to compensate that? And the answer is grind, grind and grind.

People play games to have fun... how much fun you can get from grinding few hours for nothing? OK, there are those who compensate their (mental) problems through the game trying to be the best in the world ... and they will play 12 hours a day and they will pay for it, but should game be just for them?

Of course.... BPs most favorite song from ABBA "Money, money, money" :) . Give players what ever thay need... so they will pay to play. That rise a question: What make us such masochists that thay give us only insane grinding?

That math was obvious so I didnt bother to take that daily. And todays one is the same idiocracy.

That was mu fist opinion on TS. Better drop rate of coins or thay should drop on M2 and M3 too.

If 80 bone coins are average than math is:

40000 for carpet / 80 = 500 runs
    100000 for jewel / 80 = 1250 runs
    (1800 for drakens a day / 80) * 14 = 315 runs
    ( 6400 for leg a day /80) *14 = 1120 runs
    ------------------------------------------------------
    3185 runs in 14 days = 227,5 runs per day

even it took you 2 min for run its 455min or little more than 7h and 30min a day!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that for 14 leg items, 1k drakens, jewel and mount? Come on... maybe if you dont have life.

9. trakilaki

There are people who think they can take the challenge quests multiple times ... as long the challenges are changing.
    I am almost 100% certain you can't take the challenge quests more than once.
    I had them finished at TS and there was no option to re-take any of the quests ... even if the challenges were starting and finishing over and over again.
    So spare your time and effort ... it doesn't matter if you finish the quests in one or 12 days. :D

bLaind likes this.
  10. BiggestBill

BiggestBill Forum Apprentice

Thiss event is over for my part.

+
    Nice maps

-
    Crazy grinding
    Bad drops
    EDIT forgot the really bad description of quests...

Would like the carpet, but common 40k?
    This is not worth it....

Ill just go to Q1-7 instead of this event. This was a big dissapointment.

11. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

Wow that enchanted sandglass vial description is absolutely horrible.

Just says you need a repair scroll to get an enchanted vial (which you can't even check again after you accept). So I grind for 400 bone coins, buy a repair scroll and an entrance key, get a sandglass vial and the quest doesn't finish. Turns out that there's only a chance that it will drop an enchanted one. Why isn't this mentioned in game or in the official guide or the wiki? How the hell were we supposed to know this?

On a side note, can somebody tell me what the approximate drop rate for the enchanted vial is so I can figure out how many repair scrolls to buy the next time I grind for 300 coins?

+ 1 more question: can i just throw the regular vial away since I'm low on inventory space? Just want to make absolutely sure.

12. BiggestBill

BiggestBill Forum Apprentice

Got mine on 11th try...

*EDIT*
    And by the way tanking it on fatal with those damn whirlwinds cuting down the tank like butter...

Yeah i know keep moving, but shouldnt a good geared tank be able to hold any boss in place for the others?

Doesnt feel right when the tank needs to run and hide like a dps to stay alive....
    *EDIT*

13. bennfros

bennfros Someday Author

[​IMG]

I can play 3-4h/day after work, today logged in and saw challenge, there was left 1h 05min. so I started it.
    I wasn't in hurry and tried to clear all second map coz it's not free, it wasn't hard and i thought I can do it in time but the quest seems never ending and that part made me give up on it.
    --Dunes of Disapoitment--

14. SillySword

SillySword Regular

I'm a Tegan player and there are many players not living in north/south America. The mini challenge mainly happens in my bed time. It says 09-11h, 15-17h, 21-23h (all in CEST UTC+2) on the event FAQ, but it seems not right after time zone converting.

15. Kiwigal1244

Kiwigal1244 Active Author

This Mini event is the most confusing I have ever attempted. The informatio given is inadequate and frustrating. I enjoy most challenges , however with out the specific guidlines, it builds negative reaction .. *what, why and bleep.. bleep.. *

Would some one please advise where .IF any, the corect guidlines to the mini is.?

Flustered Kiwi signing out

16. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

Man you're a life saver. Brought exactly 11 scrolls with me and got it on the last one (ok, technically 12th try since I did 1 yesterday).

So if anybody's still stuck on the vial quest make sure to bring some extra scrolls with you or you'll end up very frustrated.

17. Zulily19

Zulily19 Someday Author

I have an enchanted hourglass now what ? This event isn't easy to understand, I keep reading over and over. What am I missing???? Please someone take pity and explain to me and not just me but others with questions. Thank you.

18. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

You give it to the girl in the desert and then you can start grinding in evergreen during challenge times for quest items that have very bad drop rates. At least that's how I understood it.

Zulily19 likes this.
  19. Orange_George

Orange_George Padavan

I have an sandglass vial now what. same here and when i try to give it to the quest holder nothing happens.
    I went and got 3 of them and still nothing. as it reads i seems to only need 1 of them how many do i really need to finish this quest?

20. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

if you had read the guide or the textline of the quest properly or even the discussions over this matter in the forums, you would have understood that you dont need sandglass vial but an Enchanted sandglass vial which has a low drop rate and just like that other sandglass vials it drops from the broken sandglass vial thingy in Evergreen Oasis

mcdada likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.