Feedback Event Infested Sewers of Kingshill.

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Apr 11, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding our new event: Infested Sewers of Kingshill.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,

Your Drakensang Online Team

2. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

I have already gotten my first black amphora on my first run in Sewers beneath the Crypt of Kings. The drop is not too shabby

3. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

question is Drakensang Online supposed to be a Multi Player Game or Solo Game ??
    Why are the drops grouped in the last few events so bad compared to solo on any difficulty ?
    If this is becoming a solo grind game please let us know so we can find a game that welcomes GROUP play
    As grinding solo is boring [EDIT] :)

Last edited by moderator: Apr 13, 2017
    Morinphen likes this.
  4. thouvou000

thouvou000 Forum Expert

Dude, are you freaking kidding me? Except for the sewer keys, the event is ridiculusly easy to finish. Many players have already finished it and if you play just for one day, whether you are old or new player, you will finish it super fast. There is even a thread saying that this event does not need so much time to finish and now you are saying that the drops are bad when in a party? I doubt the progress is that bad even in party. I wonder now, will you crybabies ever be happy? You get an event that is super fast to finish and you are not happy about it. Then BP listens to your whining and brings an event that needs us to play like robots the entire day to finish, but guess what? You are still (understandably in this case) not happy. Do you even know what you want? Come to your sense people and start thinking that life is not perfect anywhere, even if thats a game

Last edited by moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  5. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Best event so far. The thing I didn't like about other events is that they take so long to do. So, usually I never do events.
    This one, I am planning to finish.

Finally, an event that was done right :D

SKyWiZ3R! likes this.
  6. AnnaConda

AnnaConda Someday Author

So you don't need to be level 50 to enter? I don't seem to be able to get in!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  7. fuzball15

fuzball15 Someday Author

as normal people complaining about a good fast event and thanks to people saying its easy to finsh we will have a nerf for the next one well done lads

DocWhisky likes this.
  8. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Why are you jumping on him?
    He never said anything about how hard is the event, he said that is friustrating that you have to play it solo because the drop rate gets lower when you group and I agree with him: I like more to play in groups and the thing is "odd" for a "multyplayer" based game.

-Cindy- likes this.
  9. SKyWiZ3R!

SKyWiZ3R! Forum Greenhorn

I did run the event for a couple hours solo in normal mode lv55 my progress is 700/3600 without use any buff, the buffs are cheap and some of my friends have already finished the progress, I got 1 cursed anphorae but dont remember the rewards mostly progress and essesnces. That being said, the format of the event is very interesting hope to see more like this in the future.

10. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

The event with the Blessings is quite pleasant. But i noticed something. One of my blessings when i went to Play pvp disappeared.. -_-

11. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

So far I am not really impressed with this new event. The only really nice thing is the resistance runes. Other than that it's just one huge farm-fest for over 3 weeks. Tons of time to be able to complete the main? Well, there is no main. If I can finish it in one session it's just a glorified mini-challenge. So 2 days out of 23 I get event progress rewards and the other 21 days is just farm, farm, farm for the repeatable quests.

At first I thought the length would be good and I would be able to get some alt time in. But it's starting to look like if I want the pets and the armor parts for my rat (nada so far on any of these) I might be looking at the whole time with my main. I guess I'll see how that goes and post some follow up feedback later if this improves.

Also this thing is an inventory hog. 19 slots in my inventory atm being taken up with event items. Even after this is over I'll still be using at least 5 slots (3 for the event essentials and 2 for the new hp pots.) To keep it at 5 also means tossing the extra progress buffs I have and am still getting. Geez, I just got a workable inventory back with the new CBag... the devs don't need to be in such a hurry to crap it out again :rolleyes:

The monster scaling seems ok in painful mode. I started to run the first time I saw a fire enchanted mini (memories of DDH still fresh :D) until I realized it wasn't playing two difficulties higher than it should :p I have not switched off greens for anything yet. Even the Peeler or Maniac (only ones I got so far.) If the mob density was higher, like PW or FM map2, I would probably have to switch to blues now and then.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

semen470, Zed and EhtovK like this.
  12. LookaL2K

LookaL2K Forum Apprentice

Exactly. :D
    Besides, it's only easy to finish if you buy the andermant buffs; otherwise, you're stuck with the usual grinding. Furthermore, you need to do a lot of farming anyway, to get keys for the challenge.
    So, overall, it's definitely not as easy as some people make it look.

13. X-VII

X-VII Forum Apprentice

Can I know what it dops?

Anyway my feedback about this event is it's awesome. Haven't finished the event but I like the progression especially in fatal/excru. Wish all events are like this BP. The quest to open up cocoons and rescue people is fun too.

14. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Today i found the Pet maniac and he didn't drop anything... Is this normal? I spent so many keys trying to find it and there was nothing... ( i have found the chest as well and it dropped a pet)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  15. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

I found the mother, but she also didn't drop me a pet, there were some coins, progress, green/blue items and drakens, so I guess that we weren't lucky at that time ;) Well, maybe anoter one will drop sth nice :D

And oh, will it be possible to get the progress for the "main" event during the mini challenge? I haven't finished it yet and just wonder ;)

16. Zulily19

Zulily19 Someday Author

Well, I'm glad it's long as I have just started. I had to be away for awhile due to that other thing called work. So far to me it's fun and different thank you.

17. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Nobody is mentioning specific positives:
    1. Auto-pickup of all event items (other than the occasional draken falling out of an amphora) takes a bit of getting used to (I have to steel myself from looking at my inventory constantly :)), but is something we've been asking for for years
    2. Putting a blacksmith inside the 1st sewer is a great idea: Now we don't have to constantly run from the Kingshill blacksmith all the way back to the fairgrounds, but can simply exit the sewer through the "ladder" and pop immediately back into dungeon
    Of course we're stuck with an even more ridiculous set of event-specific items clogging up our inventories than ever before. For alt toons and new players who haven't expanded their backpacks much, this makes the event a frustrating mess, reducing the chance to pick up normal drops of weapons, armor, etc.

18. Evil

Evil Forum Apprentice

How many years ago we asked for a complete Auto-pickup?.. Wow
    Just for that alone, I give this event 5 stars.

19. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

why is drop soo much worse in group? solo you can complete this event in a few hrs, but in a group in a MMORPG it will take days with the drop rate!!!!

20. Wllf

Wllf Advanced

Event is great... how all events should be.
    A few questions since I just put on buff and finished event in 3 hrs.
    -Where are the bosses that give achievements?
    -How do we get pets from the map that shows them as possible reward? (I forget the name now...)
    -Where is the ambush worm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.