Feedback Events

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Ginaja, Mar 7, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
  1. Ginaja

Ginaja Forum Greenhorn

Why O Why EVERY month the same boring and tedious events...

Returning Monthly events,

1. New Moon (been there done that BORING)

2. Full Moon (been there done that BORING)

3. Terrifying Shadows A New Era (been there done that but its okay)

4. Desert of Essences (been there done that BORING)

I already have too much draken and there is nothing good to buy from them!

DSO has so many choices to choose from so why always the same!?

Other possible DSO events:

Curse of the Black Knights
    Helios Games
    Dark Dwarf Heist
    PvP Season
    PvE Season
    Attack!
    Ghost Festival
    Werian Sanctuary
    Kingshill
    Invasion of the Resistance Command Center
    Bloody Harvest
    Antonia's Abduction
    Operation Frostclaw
    Operation Relics of Oceanus
    The Relics of the Wild Forest
    Dragan's Plan
    Rise of Dragan
    Dragan's Return
    Invasion of Jarlshofn & Hogni's Mine
    Dragan's Conspiracy
    Insignia of Honor
    Defeat the Undefeatable
    Dragan's Vanguard
    Dragan's Rage
    Lost Truth
    Infested Sewers of Kingshill
    Perils of Time
    Shady Weapons
    Stellar gold
    Stormball Event
    Dance of Blades
    Spring Festival
    Valentine's Day Event
    Dunes of Desolation
    Summer Solstice Festival
    Rising Hero (running now, its okay)
    Looter's Fortune
    Dracanian Anniversary Festival
    Monster Hunt
    Big Game Hunt
    Materi Storm
    Winter Solstice Festival
    Riot of the Rocketmen

FAALHAAS likes this.
  2. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Commissioner

I tried Terrifying Shadows for the first time and after i got 1 mark to defeat mortis i stopped :)
    Whats so ''okay'' about this event?
    Rising heroe only seems possible if you get powerleveled, so if you used to be a loner like me.....not gonna happen.

Other than that, I agree. And change some of the rewards aswell...the same mount/costume for years is getting old.

3. doctormaz

doctormaz Someday Author

Again correctly describe what the game is: an endless boredom and farm for hours to those who need it.

Events such as the past to level the heroes of facts if well with adequate rewards seemingly prove useless.
    It is wonderful and satisfying to take the same jewels from the rewards boxes (strange that the same and useless ones always happen !! some you need have an evidently low percentage of acquisition !!)

Actually with the dragons since you also buy gems and runes it would be correct to put the jewels inside too (not in the chest since it would be an additional grip for the butt as in the event of leveling the hero)

4. Айлейд

Айлейд Living Forum Legend

if boring, you can not go through events.. but remember that not all players have the same number of drakens as you.. further, those events that you listed.. many of them are dated for certain dates and are carried out once a year. and some events have long been abandoned.. and even the consumables for these events were replaced with some kind of compensation..

5. RantNRave

RantNRave Someday Author

After playing this game for just a little over a year, what this game lacks is "the next best thing", and MANY fixes to boot.

I'll agree with the OP that these same 3 "events" are tedious and uneventful. Terrify shadows is for final questline and elysium, so it has to run monthly at the least. (sunlairs quests needs TS boss to open elysium, plus you need event for mortis tokens through halls of the dead in elysium). I wish this wasn't the case, I found this zone pretty cool aesthetically, and the quests there are helpful if you're not 100 yet.

I still feel the reward cycles of draken on these specific ones, after their respectful tweaks to rewards this past year, are still very useful, and a lot more feasable to run in a shorter amount of time, like 2-6 hours, compared to 30-90 hours on other events.
    Players also got the reduction in draken prices in shop, gilded clover prices as well. new characters can run 1 or 2 of these, can produce fast outcomes to getting 5 wisdom runes, 5 xp runes, or 5 materia frag+ runes relatively easy, if not better runes if you have not farmed them yet. (I farmed all of mine on merciless, before they made them drop from painful+, so you may not even need to buy them now)

I'll agree once you progress enough, the event shop and draken shop offers nil to you, maybe lockpicks, essences, amp keys, MSG/SG/SS, maybe collection items. Gem bag prices flucuate, and are on the high side cost wise, I wish they were less, considering this is the only thing I need at this point (dust).
    Do i think event progress tiers, and event shops could use some tweaks? absolutely, but it doesn't solve boredoms issue with any events.
    So you get more of the above but it doesn't change your character progression much. (at best I might upgrade a few trap gems now)

If they had updated content, reduced pricing, max limits increased in the event merchants, it could change a lot.

If they had sellable jewels, in the permanent draken trader for 30-50k, and maybe 10k dust for 5k, Id say no one would complain, cause even after a year/s you still would have something to gain from draken, from any event.
    I'm still missing 6 jewels (2 event ones, 3 out of random chest, 1 from glowing caverns), and still i've managed 0 jewel drops out of 200+ PW boss chests, 20 runs from glowing cave (2 bosses only). The issue I have now, is to upgrade jewels, I need to upgrade 10 jewels to open epic tiers.. but I dont have 10 jewels I want to upgrade. (I can't fathom wasting 200k dust on -% mana x4, on bloodmage).

Id be more willing to purchase mounts, if all categories had better completion rewards, or all giving base+% to X stats (pets do, these are a great bonus!).
    It's a joke that ive used bug swatter crit pet my whole play time, along with cute doggy to sell junk.. same with a few mounts, why have 400 then+? lol

Being able to buy boss drops is a plus in event merchant, but most of these same items drop in PW already lol.
    The addition of new items (like anni weapon, or riots adornment?) need to be commonplace or 140 craftable, if not tweaking older set items, being able to make prior sets more useful or at the very least level 140/145.
    Nothing screams fun like NO NEW gear after you get your PW uniques / Lingering memories set. farming base stat 90%+ isn't fun either.
    Events need updated/new gear to breath life into the game, all I see is jewel dust.

If we could buy/get premo in shop or elsewhere, WITHOUT a cooldown..(community coins is another A-hole design, need premium to buy premium, and coins dont exist practically anymore outside of a few codes now) im sick of it being use now or it expires.. the hell is this nonsense. Getting forced premo at the end of an event, is a slap in the face after running an entire event without it.

TLDR - all events are mostly rubbish, a handful of minor perk items, maybe some premo, and some gem dust. They need updated shop, gear, zones, drops. Literally I run all events for mostly gem dust at this point, yet farming bosses yields better results than any event tier/shop currently offers. It makes most events worthless in this respect, if not this, then running said event zone 50-100x is just too time consuming.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    Ginaja likes this.
  6. doctormaz

doctormaz Someday Author

I am grateful to you for having described at length your sometimes painful experience but:

- actually the jewels could be sold individually because if they were placed in caskets with random opening they would all be duplicated (it was specially designed taking advantage of the good faith of the people). Certainly not all jewels have an equal chance of being found!
    - the game is poor in content so you have obtained the gels, the equipment, what would you have to do? to redo a map of parallel worlds for the thousandth time?

It must be understood that the game is repetitive because it is poor in content.
    On the other hand, people do not live on this game and cannot spend hours and hours doing the same things when there are games on a decidedly different level.
    Do yourself a reason if you complain a lot and rightly so it is because it is not the game that needs to be corrected with microchanges but to be completely revised by adding content and lots of fun especially not to spend 20 days to finish them!

However, if they have no money to invest in the game, you will also see its slow decline with continuous player abandonment.

Good game or Good boredom