Failed downloading a critical file (HTTP response error)!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Joodrak, Feb 15, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joodrak

Joodrak Forum Apprentice

Player name: Joodwarf

Class: Dwarf / Steam Mechanicus

Level: 21

Server: Heredur

Map: Slifmoor

Version of the game: (release119_7) 2014-02-13 14:28

Version of the browser: thin client

Installed Java Version: 1.7.0_25

Fullscreen or windowed: Windowed

Details concerning the error

What did you expect, what did not work? I expected to survive, and didn't... I was in Western Slifmoor (in the Wildherz area) just farming some xp (running away from Wildherz, being pwned), and the game suddenly froze and gave me the below error/popup

Can you reproduce the error? Most likely not, it seemed random but will sure give it another try.

What was the displayed error message? 'HttpStatus=1001 Desc=Failed to connect to 208.178.167.254: No buffer space'... (Read more in screenshot posted below)

Do you have snapshots of the error? Click here

Note: There is absolutely nothing wrong with my internet connection

2. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

Delete DSOClient folder which can be found in Temporary Files. %temp% in Start Menu.

Delete Java Cache which can be found by searching "Java" in Control Panel... maybe Start Menu works too.

These are the steps that should be followed every time you get an error. If they don't work, post here first, and if you don't get a helpful response, you can send a Support Ticket.

3. Firstly, press ctl-shift-esc to bring up Task Manager - Processes and then disable the process drakensangonline.exe
    You should then be able to log back in and play. If you cannot, please clear your DSOClient temp folder per TheInfamous' post above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.