Falsely banning

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by afhamreudk2, Mar 25, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. afhamreudk2

afhamreudk2 Forum Apprentice

Dear forum members,
    i want to talk about a huge problem, which might be not in everyone's mind. But still is something that must be changed. I have thought about this a few years ago but did not really have a problem with it myself, so I did not really care. A friend of mine might be in kind of a dilemma due to this problem, which is why I want to share it with you.
    Sending screens to the support to ban someone that does not behave properly (e.g. insulting others) is the right thing to do, of course. The only problem are those people that does not behave properly and abuse the support's power. There are a lot of people disliking other players (e.g. cuz they are better in PvP or unimportant stuff like that). Faking a screenshot is a piece of cake. You can either use photoshop, which would not be the easiest way. Or you can simply create a new character and 'steal' the 'victims' name by using greek/ russian letters and insult yourself or someone and taking a screenshot of this scenario. A screenshot is a picture. It is NOT possible to confirm who really appears in that screenshot. There are a lot of people suffering from this unarguably huge problem. There are players getting temporarily banned (such as a really dear friend of mine) or others, who are close to a permanent ban. This is really something that has to change. It is simply way too easy to create a false scenario on a screenshot.
    I hope my words reach at least a few of you. The more people know about this problem, the more might change.
    Thanks for your attention and time. :)