Feedback Feedback on the Quest UI Overhaul

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Apr 28, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Dear heroes of Dracania,

Release 164 will bring a quest UI overhaul – this means, we have revamped the Quest display (now called Journal) with a chapter structure, easier ways to identify and locate your open quests, some colorization rules and an amazing Compendium to keep a clear vision of your hero’s story. If you log in the Test Server, you will see the following main changes:

· Introduction of Acts and Chapters to the world of Dracania

Each time you complete an act or chapter from the central story and you get the next quest, a lovely notification will show up.

· New quest categorization, colors and icons

You will see different buttons for main storyline quests, side quests, event quests, PW quests and PvP quests. You will browse easier through your quests and check this: there will be NO LIMITS to the amount of quests you could have right now, except for the side quests, which will still have the 10 amount limit.

· The Compendium tab

We are also introducing a brand new tab in the Journal window: the Compendium. In this tab you will find all the completed main and side quests so you can always revisit them and have a better overview of the story.

[​IMG]

How do you guys like the new system? Do you think is good for you, easier, more convenient?

Let us know what you think by dropping an answer in this thread. We promise to read!

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted

Kind regards,
    your Drakensang Online team

2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

I have not been on my TS accts for a long time (like since 6v6 was first introduced) but I logged on to them to check this out.

My game focus could best be described as "wandering aimlessly." Often I skip quests and sometimes even leveling up past the point where the NPC's "!" disappears. Now when I feel like going back to complete quests I can easily find which ones need doing.

Separating PvP quests from storyline quests is something that I have felt was needed for a very long time. Even more so lately since my return to the game. I am not doing much pvp since my return to the game but still did not want to lose the progress on some pvp quests. This have been a bit of a hassle as I am leveling up some of my old toons to 50.

The compendium makes a nice addition to the lore of the game. Lore may be a bit more important to me since my RPG playing started with paper & dice.

I had been wondering what was this was going to be when i first saw mention of an update to the quest UI. So far this looks very good to me.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

3. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Improvement is welcome.
    However, it still looks a bit cluttered.

How about left navigation tabs (with vertical text or symbols) for different types of quests. May be Like que cards. Like in Microsoft one note application.

4. _Dragonscale_

_Dragonscale_ Advanced

I love the compendium. It gives you a nice overview of the game's story without making you read too much. And those beautiful pieces of art attached to every one of the chapters just makes it even better. It's also a nice way to import the old website art (that was left unused with the introduction of the new, boring website) to the game. With the compendium: no complaints at all.

The quest log could use a bit of work though. Removing the quest limit was a great idea, but now the log looks quite cluttered as you tend to pick up all kinds of quests along the way and not even finish all of them.

Finally, one minor, insignificant complaint that doesn't really matter but I'll throw it in here anyway. Can you please make it so that the achievement-page's layout matches the ones in the quests- and compendium-pages? So that the red buttons are the same length in all of the pages.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Unnecessary hipster thing ...

I like the story thing ... but not in the game itself. It could be added to the DSO website ... like in the past.

This should have been done before the Lor'Tac expansion.
    I like the fact that we can now take unlimited number of quests at once ... but the question is: how many of them are main quests. Usually main quests can't be taken if you don't finish the previous quest line ... so basically we can't have more than 10 anyway.
    However it is better than the previous 10 quest limitation for all quests.
    However ... most important thing is:
    When you separate things into categories ... you don't do that by just adding drop-down menu ... this is so ugly, annoying and impractical.
    We don't have to scroll down endlessly so we can see the quests.
    The quest tab should be divided into three horizontal sub-tabs: Main Quests, Side Quests and PVP Quests. Players should choose from the sub-tab and not like now to scroll down endlessly for all contents (even though the tabs are expanding when clicking ... it is not the right solution).

ImmortalDeath likes this.
  6. Orange_George

Orange_George Padavan

It is a bit hard to find a quest that i have not done, when searching the compendium it list's all the quest's but does not highlite those i have not done. adding the feature would make finding unfinished quest's easy.

-Skygazer- and MikeyMetro like this.
  7. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

It would be nice if there was an arrow at the bottom of the scroll bar. As it is, scrolling through the list is very awkward. You click once in the middle of the bar and it immediately scrolls to the bottom. When you click and drag the arrow down, the compendium list doesn't scroll down with it. Therefore, you don't know where you are going to end up when you release the arrow.

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It would be even better if there are horizontal sub-tabs instead of drop down menu.

Reinier likes this.