Suggestion Fixing DK Skills (& Wisdom) !

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by raider, Sep 1, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. raider

raider Forum Pro

Cooldown 8 seconds (or something) and needs certain Rage, so no.

Second Ranged-ish skill (I can't really count GB as a proper-Ranged skill) won't turn us into Rangers..

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

This game has no knockback mechanics, and honestly I think they would be problematic to add. Everything here relies on stuns and debuffs.

What I see as unused but having great potential are the silencing skills. For example one of the possible random sentinel skills or the Mortis' vortex. They work on players, but it looks like they work on some summons too. Nevertheless, it would be very easy to code an effect that prevents mobs from using their skills. On bosses it could turn off (for the effect's duration) all skills except for the basic attack, so as not to be too OP. Anyways, it could be implemented anywhere as an additional measure. It could, for example, replace the knockback in your idea. On top of that, the Astral Phenomenon talent of MC of mage isn't really used, and honestly is quite useless, since it doesn't work when control hits an enemy but fails anymore. So, the talent could for example silence the enemy if control fails. It would make it useful in PvP too.

raider likes this.
  3. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

I see your silence and I double up on blindness decreasing enemy damage by 75% and slowing them by 25% for 3 seconds

4. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

FoD is 1h skill, if you ever had DK toon you'll know what am I talking about ...

Unfortunately, they'll improve it!

5. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

For what it takes and for the time until the next expansion they can do only one thing, wisely improve the defenses of the Dk, block Vabore and resistances!

Dk should be able to have a 70-80% block value in inf7 with good armor and resistances with 2h and maintain high damage.

This is what some Dk's had with the Dragan set before many nerfs!

change class skills, I don't think they ever will, they've already worked for this on their test server, for the new expansion and that's where that ends!

Even so the boss damage is certainly too high not to mention "armor breaker" and elemental damage.

But it is better than the current state and it will certainly not change anything in the current game, pvp, item, including the group game that no longer exists!

raider likes this.
  6. raider

raider Forum Pro

Please someone explain to me how this "Outburst Group Effect" works..

I know that it doesn't work in Solo, regardless of being "unlocked" or not, and that it doesn't increase my Hp %100 or Heal me.
    Says it lasts 20 seconds but I don't think it keeps group members at full Hp during that.

Soo what then?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  7. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

It is +100% to HP, like if you had %HP bonuses in amulet or helmet... or the wisdom bonus that gives +80% to hp at 20/20.
    And it heals everybody on the begin, mainly because increasing max HP doesn't increase current HP, so healing is needed to start with that new max HP.

8. raider

raider Forum Pro

9. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

Don't think much about group talents, especially 150-point talents.

They were designed for some development, but then they did something else and these are consequently the most useless of the 4 classes.

They are unlikely to have any advantages at stake. The reason is the talents you don't use in some cases, the excessive duration (90 seconds before you can reuse them) for support skills and low impact.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  10. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Every class has at least one useful talent in that category. Don't underestimate them. Some are too weak, and it'd be great if cooldowns varied (eg. ranger's Blade Dance talent could have 20s cooldown), but otherwise there's still use to some of them.

11. raider

raider Forum Pro

Well I guess one shouldn't bother with 'em until maxing at least 2 of other useful Group talents..

Which is at least 45-50 group level..

12. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

Let's say their usefulness in a group is irrelevant to DK.

It is true that there are different skills between classes that need to be changed and perhaps most of the work to be done is on the many too many useless and nerfed skills of the Dk.

raider likes this.
  13. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

You're saying that because DKs have all 3 very good skills in the middle category ("Group Effect"). If you had crap like mage there, you'd value what you have in the third category.

14. dwarfmageOP

dwarfmageOP Forum Apprentice

When i see people saying stuff like this it just makes my brain hurt. Mages have crap... 150 point talent that makes their guardian unkillable without any cooldown since when you spawn a new guardian the cooldown is entirely refreshed (singlehandedly replacing the need for any tank in any group btw)
    oh and the 50% dmg and 25% attack speed that my 100k dk gives to my dwarf friend with 82k is not enough to make up for the DPS loss of adding me (a 100k dk) into his group.
    Don't make me laugh pls.

Calling the 3 150 point skills from dk's useless would be too soft. Those skills are an absolute joke not even worthy of being mentioned because they bring shame to the developers.

At least mages can bring their team free mana regen after each guardian dies. A lot of it especially with maxed group effect runes, something like 30/40% each second? kinda OP actually......

OOH and mage is also the only class that's allowed to craft a full hp amulet because they just don't need crit dmg (from their crap group effect)

kuwabaraz and raider like this.
  15. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

For the mage at least one regenerates your mana and you can use the rest forget it! maybe the magma shield, at least look at the animation! there is no animation in the "assault" group talent when this is active, no one understands if it has cost reduction or not this makes it useless and we are only at a visual effect!

The talents of the middle group follow the rest, you can increase them with the runes but in reality they are rendered quite useless, the damage increases with a value equal to the white and green essences, not + 100-200-300% on the damage of the talents (so each ranged class only sees less damage with a Dk), on the regeneration of life has been rendered useless, both by the unique gem and the impact in inf7, too low to make the pve talents work, related to this stupid idea, the attack speed of the banner is useless and often there is no one under it I don't want to explain why!

But the problem is not what was done and how these skills were rendered null and void. Of life even with various videos you can see Users with 7k I keep myself high I can also do it with 1 hp eliminate bosses in inf7, resistances so these too are useless, cost reduction skills are rendered nothing by vials: mana / concentration / steam / fury at 1 second, life regeneration even that replaced by a single gem.

As for me, without going into the magician's improvements, in what does the DK replace the Magician in pve? the answer is nothing! it is the opposite? The answer is in the tank, damage and support skills!

Let's be clear with the Dwarf and the Ranger we are on other levels!

In 3 years of development the Dk has been reduced in this way! I don't blame users who complained that their class needs help, but it's not okay to do what they did either!

See for yourself with the unbalanced development presumably done by developers who are new to the game and have no idea how it works and what the group of the various classes is composed of, it has emptied the "Servers" and made new users escape because a problem at levels high then you can also find it on everything else!

Let's say there are various problems!:cool:

DBS-Flamelurker likes this.
  16. KulawyMao

KulawyMao Exceptional Talent

nice joke. im laughining when i see post like this ;d
    mage has most useless group skills from all classes
    about center skills
    frozen sphere? are u see any mag useing this in any other case than stun? and how offen u see that? 1x per 2-3 round of q? when for example ranger use adrenaline all the time??
    guardian? another useless skill? are u know what this skill gives? restore % resources for 3sec = use 1 pot and u will have 3x more resources in 1sec...
    destruction buff = have u seen in last 3 years any good mage playing on this skill? ^;-

so where u see any usefull skill on mag in center part of group wisdom? i dont see it

@raider
    am i see well?
    u want more range skills on tank? are u kidding? if u want range attack u have 3 others classes.
    dk need buff i agree with that but dont do another same class as mage/ranger....

for me...
    1 step change deff stats for tanks

for example(bc i dont remember real values)

if mage need 30k deff to get 80% deff on i4 so tank will need 20% less = 30k*80%= 24k

2 give some more uniqs for dk
    for example
    cubes set is good but only on 1h when u get 50% hp
    if we give there 2h with posibility to get 50% hp = it will be easier for some dk to play on 2h even if they lose some dmg ;d

17. raider

raider Forum Pro

Mages are OP enough as they are.
    More? So actually we have "Range" skills (plural) ? That can be "spammed" ?!
    What I suggest ain't Spammable either. I'm just sick of still seeing the "cat & mouse" game with mobs after 9 frickin years.

It wouldn't hurt to have a rather helpful Skill for Bosses either (Still won't let us Solo at all anyway)

What Tank? Is there any Tank left in the game? Or does anyone need them anymore?!

Guardians and stupid spawn things all over the place!
    Yet DK doesn't even get to have one! A Knight without companions/guards wowowo!

So yea, we stuck with underpowered 2H DK builds that die with every few hit of Bosses.

18. KulawyMao

i can say the same thing about mag.
    ranger is the best in clear map
    mech/mag are almost the same fast as ranger but little slower

mech is the best in killing bosses
    than u have mage or ranger
    its depent which boss u want and on what difficult

so best team(are they still exist? xD) is mech+ranger

and...tank on i7
    so where we need mages?
    as always stupid talking
    have u ever been on high difficultes?
    my 'super' guardian die on i5 on 2 shoots from boss or 1 special atack = its usefull
    on i6 my 'super' guardian die on any hit = so reaaaaaly nice tank for 1-2sec than? even if i will be all the time in singu i will have new one in 8sec = so i need another 6sec?

i read ur post from a while and all ur post is like newbie go to forum and try change the word even if he doesnt know anythink.

are u know that 70-80% ppl play on autocliker or sth similar? are u know that dwarf/ranger on pve gets much more from it than mage/tank?
    are u know that dso have maybe 10% players than 3-5 years ago?
    are u know that if in CE game doesnt change anythink it will be propably end of this game bc ppl dont have anythink to do and there are not enough new players?

this game need big changes in gamplay like in balance
    but it doesnt mean that u can do dk another glass canon
    dk should be dk not melee or summoner or anythink else so dont try to put skills to dk if it shouldt be on dk.

btw XD
    dk can do 1 more melee atack xDDDDD throw the weapon like knifes or sth xDDD

19. raider

raider Forum Pro

Look, I've already said this multiple times.

I don't care how things are on highest difficulties. I want the game to be fun & balanced for all Classes on almost every stage.
    You can't just focus everything for highest difficulty and ignore all the rest.

In any case, all difficulties are painful for DKs.
    Please learn English first..
    Are we playing the same game whiner Mage? Feels like we don't.

Because the real question is, who needs Knights?! Thanks to selfish people like you, no one.

Ah yes, maybe i7 needs a Tank (as if there is any Q7 group) , that is, a Tank who has been farming for few years, which are very few.
    And the rest will suffer & won't even find groups to get there.
    Is it?!
    Even if it's true, be happy that it's only "little" slower.

Because DK's slowness can't be compared to any.
    Stop being too self-centered and butthurt.

I'm not talking of your "super" guardian. Every class has something, but DK!

"QQ I can't solo i7 QQ, make my guardian better QQ"
    Ah give me a break.

Should they ban 2H DK weapons then?! Or make Tanking viable again?!

Otherwise just remove the Class from this Ranged Damage simulator game.
    Ha ha ha. Very funny indeed.

Such a funny troll.

20. KulawyMao

go play dso few months than go back.
    english isnt my own languare so dont be so happy that u can speak it easier
    come to my own forum than try to write sth than we will see that my english is better than ur polish ;d
    are u srly?
    than u say that
    guardian hp depends from player hp
    i have 190k hp on my mage so how many mages have better hp? ahh yes maybe 1-3% top players whos play here from years
    so u cry that noob tank cant do anythink than u compare it to top players others classes +1
    if u think that everyone can do i7 solo easy u are crazy

range classes can do i7 but only map where u have free respawn from premium...
    bosses can be killed solo too on i7 but only from top players or on 120mm respawn.

so that no one gets me wrong
    dk on 2h need buffs but dont do cipple out of it.
    dk isnt only 2h(i know game force it) but its only class who can play on 1h in pve.
    if dk on 1h can do 1kk+ hp so he can tank everythink
    its the same as other classes but only diffrent is that he cant do it alone and now when servers are empyty and 90% of guys whos still play do it alone = its problem for dk ;d

so.
    dk need buff but only on 2h or game need changes to do 1h builds worth again or change gamplay that playig in group will give more use than now