Fps dropping

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Darkriders, Aug 30, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You are correct I was referring PC as desktop :)
    For laptop you don't need to disable it ... in fact even on desktop it is automatically disabled by the system when using dedicated GPU. However ... some games are having issue of not recognizing the dedicated GPU. So that was the reason I was suggesting disabling it in BIOS.
    Oh and BTW it is not related to "FPS drop".
    You have lags not because of the internet but because the game is the way it is.
    Disabling everything in the settings is your best option for better playing experience.
    You should also have in mind that laptops are not meant for gaming ... so basically your system will increase temperature relatively fast with any game ... especially DSO which is CPU hungry beast.
    And don't count out this one

2. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

sometimes I have fps drops when I switch applications with ctrl tab or when the game lost focus then I have to restart the game to get normal fps again

neither opera, safari, or any other webkit, gecko browser or any web engine other than trident

what religion is that one¿

3. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

It's called "open source". Look it up :)

4. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Full screen or window mode?
    Full screen should force to use the dedicated GPU.
    This guide will teach you how to force dedicated GPU card as default (even if the retard that made the video used drivers in an unknown language).
    Other than this if you use "Program settings" section to set specific configuration for selected programs.

5. stacker99

stacker99 Forum Master

@trakilaki Modern laptops with "gaming VGA (which is worse version of desktop VGA)" have dual VGA working - one is for OS + Internet and all the 2D fun, second one is for 3D gaming and appliocations but it depends on driver to recognize the app. So DSO isn't recognized as 3D app and will run only with slower built in CPU. Some of "PRO" gaming laptops works only with "external" VGA and CPU VGA is disabled by the factory. For example - ASUS ROG in my touch have GTX1060 with 3GB dedicated RAM and it is only choice. Battery for example is enought for about an hour of browsing and about 15-20min of 3D gaming.

@Arr Today I've tested Internet Explorer for Windows 7 - it works with DSO.
    @nvmind Internet Explorer isn't open source ;) Probably you are sarcastic :)

6. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

No.
    You can always force the GPU you want via drivers, it's enough to follow the guide.
    Usually would be enough to start the game on full screen instead of windowed mode.

7. stacker99

stacker99 Forum Master

Mate, I know that. If you read me carefully ;) You can if you know how and where... And one big "if" - If the driver is installed with all the Nvidia crappy apps.

8. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

I've readen you very carefully and you said another thing which was wrong and there were no "if".
    I said, without any "if", that is extremly easy to force the use of a specific GPU, it needs exactly 4 clicks to get it and nVidia Drivers that you cannot miss because without them your GPU wouldn't even work.
    Throttlestop, MSI Afterburner, downvolt both CPU and GPU, get a new battery, lower max CPU clock those tricks make battery last longer, drop temps and give better performance.

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

VGA is a type of connection that is used to connect your GPU with the monitor.
    Graphic card or GPU (Graphics Procession Unit) on CPU are not just for internet browsing and Solitaire playing :) they are quite capable of running many games. However, integrated GPUs are not designed to get you performance. On top on that they are using your system RAM. That is why dedicated GPU is "Ave Maria" of gaming. :)
    Pro Gaming or not ... a laptop is a laptop. It is not a Desktop.
    Making your own build is one of the benefits of having desktop PC.
    I strongly recommend taking out the battery while playing games and use the power cord plugged in (if possible). This way you will preserve the battery life.

10. stacker99

stacker99 Forum Master

@trakilaki I have excused already for my poor english, so is it VGA or GPU or whatever I think we both talk for one single thing - Video Card.

trakilaki likes this.
  11. Darkriders

Darkriders Someday Author

Sorry for taking too long to answer. @Sunlight i think i already did those things , so i will open a ticket to support. As for the other users, i already forced drakensang to run with the nVidia card and also add it to programs to run with the nVidia(in the control panel). @Saved_81 i will see that vídeo and see if it worked! Thx for the replies, when i have the results i will post something in here.

------MERGED-----

So far, my ticket hasnt been responded. @Sunlight do you think it will be answered?

Last edited by moderator: Oct 1, 2018
  12. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @Darkriders ,

Every ticket should be answered in a short period of time. Please be aware that during weekend time that can take a bit more.
    However, you are not sending your ticket to the English Support, once your account is Portuguese registered. So, it's up to Portuguese support to give you an answer ;)

Cheers and we won't forget your case.