Feedback GAME REBALANCING FEEDBACK THREAD

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by DSO Production Team, Apr 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Absolutely not true.
    You don't have to use a shield if you don't want to ... you can still increase your survivability and defense with wisdom points ... in same time you can increase the damage, crit, crit damage and attack speed.
    Therefore you can play with 2H quite easily.
    You can also play 1H damage dealer very easy since the wisdom is offering you crit + crit damage , damage and most important ... you can increase your BR and BS with no penalty applied to your offensive stats.
    Another wrong guess.
    Even if the announcement says resistances and the other values have been increased ... i can kill those bosses in Infernal III 3x faster than before the new R. I am using exactly the same equipment (except my cloak - I destroyed it by mistake with all runes and gems inside ... so I now play with level 50 old cloak without runes because I don't have another one) yet i am killing them faster.
    A lot of this assumptions are made because people are pretending to be playing and testing ... while in reality they are not. They are just relying on what someone told in youtube video or what someone said in the forum.
    Take into consideration the new buffs and potions and you can do well and kill even faster.
    As a comparison - I am killing Khalys at the point she can't even get out from the center. All that with practically weaker build than before.

You are not slow you are exactly the same as before.
    What you call a slow is not a slow but your perception of being slow. You see ... before this R all you were doing is put max wisdom points on travel speed and put everything else in attack speed and damage. :)
    Well that is not going to work anymore ... if you want to get faster you will have to craft travel speed boots.

As for the steam you won't get it back deal with it.
    What you have to do is to make a solid build with a right equipment. That is not what you all midgets were doing until now ... you were only using damage and attack and travel speed. From now on you will have to make your build like everyone else.

There are many ways ...
    1. If you are using tool it regenerates steam by default. If you don't want to switch to 1H build play with 2H and make proper gear selection
    2. You will have to make a crit build ... whether 1H or 2H ... just like the other classes.
    3. Select your gear properly. You can increase your steam with certain items. You can also decrease your steam costs.
    You can use runes or items that are giving steam ... and in same time you will have to use items and runes that are reducing the steam costs.
    4. Use cooldown items and runes.
    5. Make proper use of HP instead of putting all in attack speed and damage.
    ... etc

There you go you have a crit build with boosted and efficient spending on steam, high HP and armor/resistance and nice overall damage.

As a part of the feedback:
    The new R must not be released before tested properly.
    The game has become hazardous and dangerous to player's hardware.
    The game is clogging up the CPU and making it run in perpetual loops. This is leading also to crashes.
    The game is overheating the CPU and the GPU ... which can lead to hardware failure and permanent damage. I already know some players who are experiencing GPU and CPU overheating.

2. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

one of them are me. this is going to be big issue coming days with full group lot of action + effects + weapon effects wich they state earlyer it may bring some lagging.. some time ago i removed weapon effect.
    i can play any other game near max graphics but this drakensang makes my pc overheat and shutdown. all termopastes changed month ago or so. still having issues.
    hope they find solution for this game very soon

trakilaki likes this.
  3. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

Finally one of the few impartial opinions haha.

But you're wrong about the dwarf, the wisdoms in the dwarf only go in 30+ steam, damage and attack speed we do not use wisdom in movement points, maybe in pvp, before the tactical turret gave us speed of movement + steam, now only movement, but without steam it's a useless skill, it's 50 steam for something useless it doesn't make sense to use, I already have my new critical tool almost complete, so I don't worry, my point is because the dwarves are going to make the only class that doesn't have their steam/mana/furia/adrenaline regenerator?, this goes beyond a character having 200 of steam, my point is because we don't have an ability to regenerate steam like the others. :confused:

Finally, if I agree, the CPU and GPU will overheat on the test server

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  4. Kaydranzer

Kaydranzer Someday Author

Wow, you choose to kill Khalys, a boss who suffers the least from the increase in Resistances. Why dont you try Sigrismarr or Mortis?
    And whats the excuse, if a boss has increased ice resistances? Lightning Strike is not a viable option against moving bosses. Why dont you try that out first and tell us the results. Khalys ist not a good example for this test.

I only have a 12k damage mage on testserver. But why do i need further testing?
    Its simple armor +50% and resistance values +200%. I dont need to test that, the figures speak for themselves.

I am curious, how strong is your testserver character? Mind if you post the stats here?

5. trakilaki

Have you tried?
    No need to ... i haven't changed anything in ages ... my stats are available in the forum and they are much worse than your live server SW.
    I can't do it with Mortis because i have no travel speed boots.
    I already did with Sigi ... I didn't want to post any video because of this
    The game is eating up my CPU 100% so the recording software makes the game stuttering ... therefore the video suck balls.
    I couldn't play because I couldn't track the cursor ... without recording software i have no issues and I am killing the boss much faster ... meaning you will kill it even faster with your live server SW.
    It actually looks much better in the video ... it was not that pretty while playing.
    I made the video few days ago and uploaded it yesterday ...
    There it is (warning: the video is not much watchable)

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Just goes to show how skill is more important than stats. Nicely done.

trakilaki likes this.
  7. Kaydranzer

To be honest, i am impressed by your video. I expected worse.
    But isnt it still unfair in comparison to other classes? I mean its still 50% vs 200%.
    If you tried the same test with other equally equipped classes, i would appreciate it, if you tell me the results.
    If a DK/Ranger/Dwarf kills it in half the time, their complete "balance" was in vain, unfortunately.

Your video may suck balls, but it served the purpose perfectly.
    Thanks for the effort.

trakilaki likes this.
  8. trakilaki

It would be unfair to SWs if i make videos with other class because they are not equipped as my SW. My SW has bad crafts but at least they are golden ... i don't have any crafted item with any other character.
    But ... tell you what ... I promise you I will make a video with my Live Server Ranger.
    That ranger is not an ordinary ranger :) ... it is 1H longbow ranger :)
    #MademoiselleCaramel
    She knows my ranger

Yes it is not fair ... but they are making the solo gameplay much harder just to make the group play easier.
    I was playing Dragan in Infernal III with my friend on TS ... his character is weak ... yet we had no hard time beating Dragan up.
    2 SWs vs Dragan

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  9. Kaydranzer

I agree that solo play should be harder but also it has to remain feasible because of leaderboards.
    Groupplay has to be easier. The difficulty should be the main reason to group up with others.
    I am waiting for your video :)

Jhinstalock and trakilaki like this.
  10. MademoiselleCaramel

MademoiselleCaramel Junior Expert

Prepare to be amazed and impressed. :D:D

trakilaki and Kaydranzer like this.
  11. Kaydranzer

Popcorn is ready. :D

MademoiselleCaramel likes this.
  12. Viki

Viki Forum Mogul

My Mage on the test server is somewhere on the lower average compared to the Mages on the live server. She only has a little more damage with pink essences than my mage with green on the live server. And yet killing Dragan on infernal 3 isn't a big challenge for her, even though I agree that mages are still the weakest class in PvE. All good 2 Hand Dragon Knights, Dwarves and Rangers with Q7 Set will probably kill Dragan on the live server with blue essences in under a minute. Personally, i don't care if i will need 2 minutes on live server. With DSO, it's always been that a class has to be weak, and now it's the mages.

As Trakilaki said, the performance on the test server is really bad, I hope it gets better on the live server..

ThukMohl, trakilaki and semen470 like this.
  13. lovatic66

lovatic66 Junior Expert

I just tested the test server a few minutes ago, and the mini-boos increased their damage, it hits almost like a final boos, xd, even a small mini boos of fire just took 83,000 from me and it was only hellish1, this is serious?, the dwarf without his tactical turret and now this, how are we supposed to play alone?, at least make the surprise dwarf last longer, I have 100 of steam and activate more than 2 already conditions me to use a single turret. without a steam regenerator and a decent distraction, they expect us to be stuck to the tanks all the time to play? o_O

14. trakilaki

Here is another crappy video ... this time on moving boss and his moving minions XD.
    The game is still CPU hungry so i had to hit "space bar" all the time so I can track the cursor down.

Lightning Strike is viable for soloing only if you have good defense and higher HP so you can take few hits from time to time. It is not a viable option for defenseless no HP paper builds who are choking to death from their own fart. :)

Viki and ThukMohl like this.
  15. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

traki i dont knw now laugh or cry thats even worse. but kinda good way worse. you can use all seconds to kill him :D

16. Kaydranzer

another nice video, thanks traki :)

But there is something, i dont get.
    How are you even tanking some hits from dragan on inf3? I remember taking 40k hits from him on inf3 last time he was on live servers.
    Does he deal less damage or do you have max defense?

17. trakilaki

Like i said earlier my gear is the same except for the cloak(destroyed by accident). In terms of R207 I would have been weaker than before because I had 5x Winter Festival gems inside the cloak ... that is 20%/20%/20% less HP/Ice Resistance/Crit hit. Withing R207 I would have been dead in 1 hit or I would have left with just a small amount of HP just to survive.
    That is what I was talking about earlier.
    It is due to new Wisdom talents. You can invest points in HP (more than before) and armor/resistance .. etc.
    All in all ... you will take less damage but you should deal more damage because of the damage and the crit hit/damage from the wisdom talents.
    My SW has something like 27K base damage which is not a big base damage. I had less before R208/9 (around 24K). That means if you are having more than 30K base damage now on live server ... you will have even more in R209.

MademoiselleCaramel likes this.
  18. Jhinstalock

Jhinstalock Active Author

It sounds like we will all be pretty powerful eventually. I hope these changes to monsters compensate well.

19. trakilaki

I knew something is wrong :) I forgot to use my pet
    Anyway These are my stats without pet (as in the video) far lower than the stats from live server's SWs (after R209).
    As you can see I am using 30 points on armor and 50 points on resistance

[​IMG]

Well ... probably not. In the beginning we will all be pretty much average ... then those who farm wisdom faster would get better. At some point the devs will make changes as usual and introduce higher Tiers and something else probably so everyone would have to rebuild again.

20. ThukMohl

ThukMohl Forum Apprentice

Nice vids, Trakilaki and Viki. Great show of skills.

How I love to see a similar video with an underpowered SM:)

Viki likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.