Feedback GAME REBALANCING FEEDBACK THREAD

Discussion in 'Test Server' started by DSO Production Team, Apr 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

Battle Frenzy 5 point talent should not make it to the live servers. you guys keep all the regen, the same 10% over 5 seconds (just wording changes to 2% per sec) yet you let DK to deal this skill-less damage.

remember, other classes cannot heal while DKs can, and Mage only chance is not to receive damage at all. this is now impossible as DK would be running around, healing 2% per sec, dealing damage all at the same time without being really engaged in a fight.

BP should promote the engaged behavior, not noobie chicken.

regards.

2. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

You sound like an amateur really. The tanks would never waste those 5points there for starters, now if you are afraid a 1h warrior with a 30% dmg really you should quit the game now.
    And you mean wars actually have a medium range attack with 30% dmg? wow! SO OP. Do you even think what are you saying? Dk's will suffer alot in the arena and i don't even complain, but dont play the victim here :D

Hetsunien likes this.
  3. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

you are proven noob with no clue in this game. EDIT this is a feedback thread, EDIT

you didn't get it while ago, you not gonna get it now. you are not educated enough to get math or thinking of concepts.

the concept of not being engaged, running from and healing at the same time is a little off.

the concept of not being engaged, running from, healing and dealing 60% (unavoidable) dmg at the same time is beyond ridiculous. taking into account other classs/es cannot heal at all and even that little damage will be crucial.

but again, you are clueless. let some smarter people reply. or just move on.

Last edited by moderator: Apr 7, 2018
  4. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I didn't think that I was being pessimistic. I've become a glutton for punishment, I look at it like been there, done that. We all know some will rage quit as soon as they see their stats drop. It's what some people do. It has happened twice before.

I do see the potential in massive gains, but I have also learned that when we make gains, people start crying for a nerf.

I also see the potential for a server merge or migration if enough quit. Tegan doesn't have many players now because of past decisions that caused knee jerk reactions. It's a ghost town now.

I see that some people are claiming that this is some sort of split between pvp and pve, but I don't see the same thing (as of yet). When the initial nerf hits, some are going to whip out the credit card to reach massive amounts of dmg and hp. Just think about what it will look like when both dmg segments are maxed out in wisdom along with block rates. We'll have to wait and see how this shakes out. For now, I have a very hard time believing that these changes are going to have a positive effect on pvp.

None of us know how long it will take to farm a decent amount of wisdom to make up for the initial nerf. Yes, there are now runes, but they also occupy the same place (shoulders) that we use to boost materi frag drops.

Do we have to buy these runes also? Will the drop of wisdom really be increased to a noticeable level?

Think about it like this. It currently takes around 5 months to get 55 wisdom. How long will it take to get to whatever the max ends up being?

This nerf won't hit me too hard personally. I'll probably end up back in painful or excruciating for a couple of weeks, but once I gain some wisdom and cores, I'll be soloing infernal 1 again.

I know that I am in the minority when it comes to thinking about the newer/weaker players, but these nerfs truly hurt them the most. How many of them will quit in frustration when they are forced back into the useless maps? It sucks when you put in time and effort only to have it taken away even if that is temporary. Look at how many quit after R185.

I remember when DSO promised us to build upon what we had (when they were first talking about R155) and if they would do that instead of nerfing everyone, this could be a very good release.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Not exactly ... i have created a separate thread dedicated to R208 preview and chit-chat ... and someone has merged it into this one.
    So i will continue using my thread which is now non-existent in the way I meant it be. :)
    not to mention now our wisdom is not working in PvP ... so everyone will lose lot more HP and damage ... but they still can't heal :)
    So that rises the question "What kind of balancing is this?"
    The answer is ... it is not a balancing at all. It is a cash grab.

6. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

You thought wrong however

And how did you think it was fair that a class could ignore 2 damage parameters, where all other three classes had to struggle to increase them?
    Did you think it was fair that all other 3 classes had to suffer a malus and therefore diminished offensive capabilities in higher difficulties, while one could simply ignore the malus?

You experienced what mages rangers and warriors had to suffer every time the level was increased, their offensive power was devastated, while the dwarves simply levelled up to 55 and became stronger than ever, while the others had to struggle to their impact
    In addition to that, they introduced the malus to impact in infernal I, which the dwarves didn't suffer

This is not bad, with this dwarves will become stronger

Some dwarves already made impact based builds
    Those who suffer now are those who didn't prepare

This was known since when they announced the changes in the developers letter in september 2017,quite a while ago

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    _Baragain_ likes this.
  7. OrochimaruSama

OrochimaruSama Someday Author

Can anyone please update me how is the creation of items on the bench on the test server? And if that in the reversion hold the first 3 items proceeds.

8. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Sometimes i think that people forget that DK's in order to get rage you need to get hit, and yea, we could use Furious battle cry to do like 1-2 times battle frenzy wow.
    @sebastian_fl i have a DK that can Run all inf3 Q's so when i say something about DK's i really know more that you. EDIT
    There balance you wanted so badly will happen DK's will lose a ton of hp what more do you need? To remove the character from the game?
    The Rel in my eyes seems fine even though i will have to change a bit my build, i don't whine.

9. .maes.

.maes. Someday Author

Group talents: great.

Gem crafting: great.

New knowledge talents: great?

Potion crafting: ok

Ess crafting: ok

Lvl increase: NOOOOOOOOO!!! Stop devaluing invested time by introducing better gear/higher lvl. Crafting system is partially to blame of course. This area of the game is already very poor. In order to get strong, regular players have to spend years collecting gold and mixing items. Crafting costs should seriously be reduced tenfold. Or leave prices and let Revert keep all 4 original items instead of just 2 left ones. If cap has to be increased, then at least balance it by scaling all existing lvl55 gear to max lvl so not everything goes to waste (stats and enchants). This isn't what makes a game better anyway. Content and activities make games better. Events is one example. Running PW feels like Work, there needs to be a wide variety of activities players can engage in at will for Fun, not just when events come around (the good ones anyway). Minigames, special dungeons with unique mechanics, not just 3-map runs with 1 big bad at the end, which is just a bad model common in asian MMOs. At least DSO is not always-same mob-in-same-location every run.

10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

What level increase? According to BP, there isn't a level increase planned for this year.

Chell2015 likes this.
  11. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

respectfully, you are either clueless and have zero pvp experiences or you deliberately deny this skill would be OP. I doubt your experience as you fail to even read the description. the skill deals 60% dmg, not a 30%.

if you had any pvp experience you would know the effort and damage it takes to kill tank will grant him consistent infinite rage. in current reality I can keep this regen pretty much 90% of the fight.

but keep being arrogant. this feedback wasn't addressed to you, but to the Dev team. move on, 'pro'.

12. Rhysingstar

This update like all updates isn't addressing pvp, and there are already too many threads about the pvp imbalance. No need to turn this one into yet another who needs nerfed thread.

Let's try to focus on what they are doing and see if we can get them to tweak this idea before it hits the live servers.

13. sargon234

You know where those wisdom runes will be found? in the daily deals of course, like the materi frags runes

14. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

this is what I tried to do with my original comment about the change until that monkey jumped on me. I also clarified with the follow up post the the idea of my comment was to provide the feedback, not to argue with supposed professionals (who want to defend an OP skill)

That change will impact PvP a lot and it will be then late when it's there. they did make a change, the did ask for feedback, I did provide it. not sure what's wrong.

again, I disagree with the whole concept of doing nothing (even worse, doing opposite of fighting - running away) but healing. now they also add damage on top of it. this makes no sense to me. no damage should be inflicted without a hit. this skill can be used 50 times a minute easily, dealing tons of damage total to a poor mage who cannot regenerate any of it. and thank in question will have enough damage, crit and crit damage to make it count thanks to the premium set.

but if you guys disagree with my right to post a feedback in a supposed feedback thread, okay.

ULTRAPEINLICH likes this.
  15. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

When someone doesn't know how to play his own character, thinks the others are op.
    The fact you are bad @ math and you can't understand some basics about dmg curve progression doesn't bother me.
    Truth is that the "malus" you were speaking about was basically non existant since, once you had maxed your equipment and capped crit rate the only thing you needed to cap CHR in the next mod was to augment your equipment.
    Other than this as clearly proven by ppl that has top gear, dwarf's dps wasn't better than others now that sapphires were out of the game but you clearly can't know this because you don't play with those kind of players.
    I have the capped aspd a dwarf could have nowday and it isn't better than the dps any RA or DK could reach.
    The funny thing, is that now dwarfs will be able to ignore aspd as they were avoiding CHR and CHD since only 2 skills use it and are almost neglectable.

Obviusly when the wise points at the moon the fool looks @ the finger and you still didn't understand the point.
    When I say the problem is they rendered useless the gear I spent time to farm, I mean exactly that: they rendered useless the time I spent to farm it. I don't pretend you can understand it since you are the usual lost cause, devs, on the other side could understand that is an idiotic choise to not include aspd in the turrets dmg formula as it is just a proof they can't handle any sort of game balancing when they decide to FORCE every class to use crits (and not as they said "will give THE CHANCE to use crits").
    Since you've never seen how things have been handled in games different from this give up with this noob idea infact, just to give you simple examples, in LoL, critless build are normal for any non AD build and in D3 ASPD is included in DoT formula but you obviusly can't know it.

I'm sayin this because I don't have crit gear.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

while the problem is who will give me back the time I spent to craft this [​IMG]
    and so on.

lovatic66 likes this.
  16. heror

heror Forum Baron

I dont get your frustration you basically have all the crit gear you need but you complain that they will buff your dps ???? wat
    I understand you dont have onyxes but its reallly your fault on lv 40,45 and 50 while onyxes are useless they made them usefull in 55 and i got a nice boost thanks to that, you should have expected to be the case here from a year back when they made onyxes usefull for 3/4 of the character.. well now you wont have a reason o stop the game but rather play witha new reason , to get crit stones:)

17. Rhysingstar

My point is that you have laid out that particular argument several times in several different threads and the dev's have chosen not to do anything about it to this point. For the last couple of years, they have claimed that they will address the imbalance in pvp, but we all know that has been nothing more than a myth.

We all agree that something needs to be done with pvp, even though there is still no consensus among players about what specific changes need to be done. As this update has nothing to do with pvp, why argue over pvp here when there are already plenty of threads on that topic?

Why this thread got moved into feedback is beyond me as Trak was simply attempting to provide details on the upcoming update. Now that the mods have chosen to make it this way, we need to focus our efforts on what needs to be adjusted within the update. Like giving players an adequate amount of wisdom. Maybe even discussing why some cores are being put into a bag and leaving others out.

Every player regardless of class is getting skills changed, some good and some that will take some getting used to. Every player regardless of class will get an initial nerf. Every player regardless of class will eventually end up much more powerful.

The way it stands now, most are going to be upset the day this goes live because they'll see their hard work and effort nerfed. They may not consider the long term benefits and rage quit which helps no one.

Maybe we could find out more about the ess crafting and the new herbs and such instead of just complaining about pvp for once.

Now hopefully the dev's have some idea on what to do with pvp and it will finally be addressed at some point, but until that day, we can only deal with what we know.

18. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

that was the first time I mentioned it as its brand new. Just in case, to make sure you understand, I was talking about battle frenzy ability to deal damage which is being introduced. it wasn't here before so there is no way I might have had used the argument about it in 'different' threads.

I strongly disagree. this update affects PVP a lot. it should be obvious. every skill change, wisdom pvp removal etc. I'm surprised to hear such a statement from you.

whether the release was aimed at pvp or not, is irrelevant. it does impact pvp. and if they didnt think of pvp making all those changes, things are much worse than i thought.

battle frenzy dealing damage is an obvious PVP-related change.

after doing some basic math, it's clear HP focused but otherwise balanced tanks would be clear winners of the wisdom pvp impact removal. they will lose some HP, so would others. but everyone will lose more damage thanks to both behemoth and increased dmg removal. that's tons of damage.

if we make a ridiculous assumption that mages were on par with tanks 1h vs 1h before, now, with much less damage they wouldn't be able to kill tank at all. tanks will regen more than enough, while killing mages by passive unavoidable healing (?) skill at the same time. and as we all know, tanks didnt need much damage to kill. they needed to regenerate and deal some damage. things will get worse now.

now tell me again this change has nothing to do with PVP.

19. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

ROTFLOL I don't have Onyxes?
    Do you really think I got that stuff and I don't have onyxes?

20. sargon234

Careful with all of that salt mining, you are going to crash the salt industry

The other classes had to build their crit, since it was too important for them, each level expansion have been a disaster for every class except one, who only gained without any setback, while the others struggled

The problem is that it isn't fair for a class to not be affected by that malus, while the others have to deal with it and are heavily affected by it

You just use the term force,trying to paint this as a negative, but it's actually making things fair to every class,it's balance

Yes, sometimes old gear become useless, when they make big changes
    It happened when they put level 50, old gear became useless, for example dragon ache set bought at level 45 or darkness set bought at level 45

Warlord set became useless at level 55
    Sargon's sets and cloak became useless at level 50

Time spent ultimately will become useless, it's a part of the game

I do not care about other games, nor do i care about MOBAs, we're talking about this game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.