Gameplay bug

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SuperModel, Aug 22, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jensen2000

jensen2000 Forum Greenhorn

No.
    if you need more start code you onw and see.

-end-

2. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Even though you can't construct a proper sentence in English, you obviously have a small amount of computer knowledge (but only a small amount - enough to get you in trouble).

If this problem was related to packet loss, as you say, it could happen any time at random. We know what that looks like. We call it "lagging". This problem only happens when you run through a group of mobile units (monsters). Therefore, it is not due to packet loss. It is a bug.

That is why:

wrong = you

-end-

3. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

I originally brushed this off. I had a bit of time today to poke around on this topic. I ran a few dungeons but the OP had the best example from his video in Loxley. I went to Loxley numerous times today to try and recreate the problem. It seems the spiders are pretty reliable in triggering this bug. I watched my log files after each run waiting for a log entry matching the time the dejavu bug struck. Bam. Right in the log file, I found these entries each time the spiders rubberbanded my position.

2014-09-03 21:23:18 [INFO] SimpleResourceMapper: failed to load resource 'tex:m004_spiders/mat_egg_inner_01_emsv.dds'!
    2014-09-03 21:23:27 [INFO] NetworkCommandCreatorProperty: HandlePositionAdjustment reset-threshold reached. Reset to 69.51/-1.00/3.14
    2014-09-03 21:23:27 [INFO] NetworkCommandCreatorProperty: ForceTransform applied 69.51/-1.00/3.14
    2014-09-03 21:23:28 [INFO] NetworkCommandCreatorProperty: ForceTransform applied 71.66/-1.00/7.85

I reset my DSO video settings from maximum to minimum. That had no effect.

I'm also able to reliably trigger a log error if I attempt a jump skill into a mob. If the mobs are close enough together, their area (hit box) or circumfrence is overlapping and gives you nowhere to jump.

2014-09-03 21:05:06 [INFO] SkillAction - failed to find valid unobstructed position, found target not in same region!

If the Developers would implement a simple 'trace' mode for users; I'm sure many of us would be happy to send snippets back up to Corporate. That would certainly help them track down the problem. Sadly, our logs not very detailed. I understand the 'why' of the low detail. It is what it is.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  4. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Good info, thank you for checking and posting the error codes. I suspect the development team has had this knowledge from the start. They probably had it before they even went live with R129. They probably could have fixed it then.

In my darker (conspiratorial) suspicions I think they could have fixed this over a month ago but have chosen (or been told) not to do so. (Profit could be made from not fixing this, as long as it's not bothersome enough to drive away too many customers.)

["Take the number of vehicles (players) in the field (game), A, multiply by the probable rate of failure (quiting), B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement (loss of andermant sales), C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall (bug fix), we don't do one." - Fight Club]

I've never played a game where a bug like this could hang around for two months. The team doesn't even talk about it. They just point to these "awesome new features" that very few players like or care much about and they say, "See, we're really working hard on this game". I've had enough of their talk.

I'm taking a break from this game. If I see on the forum that this bug is fixed, then I'll consider coming back.

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I personally experience this error in OoB Map1 and Map2 with the ghosts. I am often trying to run past for the purpose of Glyph farming so I almost never stop to kill them.

It is interesting that it is not just a glitch due to some random bit of bad code that may or may not be easy to find, but an actual error that pops up in the log files... you would think that that would make it easy to find the problem and fix it as these errors are generally associated with specific lines of code and act as a flag when something goes wrong at that part of the execution. Now I am actually disappointed with the developers. They had enough sense to program in these flags into the code so that problems could be identified, but don't have enough to fix it... It is just sad.

6. unnamedone

unnamedone Forum Greenhorn

these specs are far higher than drakensang server :D
    which has few xeon gen1 and some crappy opteron *hand-crank driven
    for a grand total of 30 machines that fits one shelf

and yes restoring small hitboxes would fix, instantly

but that would feel like -ops we did something stupid-

so it will linger until time can erase memory of the incident :D

and rollback could be presented as a feature -reduced hitboxes to enhance sniping-

instead of bugfix

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  7. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

and of course there will be no comment from anyone who works there about the concerns and why they are not fixing this. as usual.

8. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

The problem is lag. Could be server or user lag. The graphic settings matters not. I have found if you reset your router and broadband router it does help. This has been an issue since r135. Heredur server is way to unplayable for me, so I moved to Agathon.

You see this always when you run to map 2. If you have someone in there it gets worse. I want to create an account lvl 30 clear out map 1 and put him there to keep run there better. Means only 4 for map 2 but glifos is best with 3 anyway.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  9. SailorSaturn

SailorSaturn Padavan

I can reassure you, it's not user lag. Many players have pointed this out earlier in this thread, and I also have this issue with Tegan as well as Heredur (Tegan being more quiet than Agathon) despite having a speedy net connection.

For a SW, the position bug is an absolute nightmare. We already have the lowest HP compared to other classes and if you've already used the teleport in one spot and got smacked with another bug during cooldown, you're pretty much hooped especially when you have all this mana and nowhere to see where to hit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.