Feedback Gearless PvP?

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by Divinefury, Oct 29, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you like the upcoming changes in PvP?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2018.
  1. No

112 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. Yes

35 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. menestrelul

menestrelul Someday Author

Gearless PVP is a too extreme solution.
    Along with the bases of the items, the magic of the items, stones and runes must remain.
    Only set bonuses must be disabled.Thanks to the set bonuses we have ice spam, fire spam, 50% more life, 22% more damage and other bonuses that make PVP very bad as a game strategy. These bonuses are created for PVE but in PVP are too destructive.

2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

and base values must be lowered and made the same, no more randomness

Create specific pvp gear, that can either be farmed in pve or bought with gold, keep gems, runes enchants and glyphs active in pvp

3. Weltis2Acc

Weltis2Acc Forum Greenhorn

they ll give a EDIT anyway ^^
    [ CONTENT REMOVED]

Last edited by moderator: Nov 2, 2018
  4. sargon234

[QUOTE REMOVED]

only 110 people voted,that's not representative of the players
    If you showed the wiki poll, perhaps it might be more representative

But how many players play this game?we don't know

Last edited by moderator: Nov 2, 2018
  5. Weltis2Acc

Thats the old vote , before theys decided to change something:
    [​IMG]

So when not to vote here in their official forum, every player can log into, where else?? xd

6. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

People who care to vote represent the community, thats how voting works.

7. SUPERDOUPER

SUPERDOUPER Junior Expert

i think its a great idea and this will bring more people in not just pvp but also in game itself i just hope that bp doesnt cavi in from rants and pressure from old players who i guess dont understand that this game needs to evolve

8. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello all.
    Let me shed a light on 'forum voting'.
    There was one voting, here on EN forum, the voting was compromised on both sides because most of the voters were people with same IP address and multiple accounts.

Cheers.

stasis likes this.
  9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is not the case with DSO Wiki's voting ... which has been going on from May 2018 until few days ago.

piteris2 and Please_enter_a_name like this.
  10. Weltis2Acc

The probleme isnt that they want to make changes. The probleme is how they wanna change it.

1. This game is 7 Years old, and it always was pay & grind to win.

2.Last big patch for the lvl 55 ce they changed from HC-pay-to-win to grind-to-win. I wasnt that stong at that time, but I was against many points like the devaluation from gems. I had to delete over 50% from my friendlist.

3. This time they DONT change from pay&grind-to-win to - less pay/grind. They change the whole game from MMORPG to MOBA.

->They delet the connection between pve and pvp.
    ->All pve content becomes useless. There is nothin left to work at ur char for and have the satisfaction to become better gear/stats/skills/pets whatever.

4. DSO was always the mix from pve and pvp in connection to each other. This game isnt really strong in either of it, but the connection of it and the workin at your charakter was the best for me and the most players i know.

5. Now when u split it, u have :

->an "endgame" pve with 10 maps and nothin to really farm for. No epic Boss, no open world bosses, still the same events like years, no real unqiue pve character builds to play with

->an pvp with only 4 modis, max 12 playes in 1 match, unbalanced classes, only 4 classes with no real specification -> no real strategy cause like in pve every char is build to have the same skill variations (no real buffs, debuffs, group heal, class combinated play),
    further more the sense of pvp is only itself = no pvp skills, costumes, equip, epic mounts, pvp leagues etc. to farm for.

This split means that all the values many players had for the game ll be gone.
    The 20 mio honor pvp mount u farmed for? - Everyone can have it in 1 month or when in paydaily in 1 day.
    The good pve gear u farmed for -> to farm gems, perfect pvp items, glyphs, andermant, runes -> to create an strong pvp character.
    -No need anymore.

The motivation for most players like me ll be gone.

My options are:
    A) I search an better PvP game.
    B) I search an better PvE game.
    C) I search an game which gives me Grind/Pay-to-Win where i can work at my Charakter like i did here before.

11. sargon234

You don't about sampling, do you? You can't take whatever poll and then claim that it represents the community, it needs to be representative of the entire community

Say for example i do a poll, in a group of players that all like the new pvp changes
    Voilà, i get a poll where the majority likes the new changes
    Now, does it accurately represent what the community thinks?No, i cherry picked a section of the community

You can't randomly pick a poll and claim it represents a community

Sampling matters, it's a serious business

12. Weltis2Acc

So shouldnt it be the responsibility from BP to get and work at an fair voting?

13. greyspirit

greyspirit Forum Apprentice

My two cents, for what it's worth... I would not appreciate a gear less PVP. I've worked hard to build my toons, has taken over five years to get where I'm at. Are we suppose to stand there and slap each other till someone falls? The skill of your toon is based on your build, how can you just toss that aside? Seems more like you're going in the direction of skill less pvp.
    Set bonuses I agree can be taken away from PVP. Limiting damage and casting speed and health regeneration would help also. I'm pretty sure this is an attempt to get more players in PVP and in game also. How about offering better rewards for PVP dailies? People need some incentive to move out of their comfort zones and participate in PVP. Others just do not want to PVP and that is fine. Please don't penalize those that love this game and love PVP.

14. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

I kinda disagree here. I'm 2H and 90% of the matches I one shoot players or I'm getting 1 shoot, depending who's the fastest. A couple of days ago I played 1v1 arena gearless pvp (both players took all gear off). Now that was skill, all was about timing your character's skill very very well. No one died in one shoot, one mistake didn't end the game. It is more tiresome but also lots of fun.

All I can say is that it would be nice if gearless pvp is made as optional (a checkbox in the setup). Then all the weak players can play gearless pvp between them while farming for gear. Then if or when some of them feel like taking on the OPs of the game, they can change to gear and gems pvp. There should be no difference on the PVP leaderboards between the two though. Both PVPs would show the value of the players.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    ViktorG75 likes this.
  15. I mean since they ignore the poll that was hosted on wiki with over 1000 votes..

Have them host/send a survey in-game or email(or both):
    Question: Do you like proposed PvP changes?
    Answer 1: Yes, I can't wait for the PvP changes.
    Answer 2: No, there's a different, BETTER, solution. (if you picked this, elaborate..)
    Answer 3: I don't give a damn about PvP whatever happens, happens.

You'll generate much more votes for sure... legit ones too. But the real question is, does BP actually care what the players think to take such measurements? :)

Some people are just too lazy to get involved in voting... just like in real life. :)

piteris2 and sargon234 like this.
  16. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Hahahahahah nice excuse for the devs to not bother to take our opinions into account. They know that a fair, unbiased poll cannot be taken, as anyone with basic IT knowledge knows that IP addresses can be altered and new accounts can easily be created. So their idea that “a fair vote needs to be done” is a pointless distraction from this much needed discussion.

17. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

The devs are not managing the forum, DSO EN Modearation Team is managing this board.
    The poll was created by PvE players and they had a slight advantage at the end. But of course, by cheating.

Cheers.

18. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

I do not like at all to kiss asses ( and mostly i am am a "hater" , is my way to be) but as a newbie on EN forum, i highly appeciate DSO EN Modearation Team. They deserve to be apreciated, and we should never forget to say good things, to let good things show the light, especialy in this "dark" patch age :)

Thanks team.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Mal3ficent likes this.
  19. Zardast

Zardast Forum Apprentice

Trakilaki why did you close the wiki poll? I do not mean that voting would shift now towards yes or no (or stay the same either) but the poll was open all those months since June when not much was happening and you decided to close it now just as people started testing the changes in test server. Why?

20. Because it's irrelevant... the devs won't even bat an eye to that poll even if it had one million votes, they will still proceed with their changes.

It's the sad truth unfortunately.