Feedback Ghost Festival - 2018

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Oct 16, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBurger22

BigBurger22 Forum Greenhorn

Please God bless developers mind for make something new in the Winter Solstice ....Bcs this ,,Borring festival,, is sick!! Is exactly the same event like in 2016 ....Maybe a new story?,maybe new quests ?maybe a secret map?NOTHING!!! Even a item good just for melt like the rewards from last events... If u continue like that every event will be like aniversary event,where u can,t even stay awake... Guys please make dso funny to play again!!

2. heror

heror Forum Baron

why the hate bro? The event takes exactly 3 hours to finish, atleast i did it for this long last night while chating with friends?

3. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

Did u have fun playing same old event over and over again? And unique items of this old event is crap, for mage at least. And about rewards from progress bar, they also are crap because event is easy enough as anyone can achive=no much difference, , so there is no challenge, just crap event that keeps u linked to this grindfest game.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

It's boring to you because you have no goal, no reason, no drive.

For me it's about the cores. I need 350 d.cores + 350 d.cores + 400 d.cores + many more d.cores once I have more successful crafts. See??? I've got a reason, a drive, and so its not boring at all.

vegetadavid likes this.
  5. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I missed the last Halloween event, so this is a first playthrough for me.

As a fairly veteran player by this point, I enjoyed getting to play Darbmoor together with a few old companions again. (The good ol' days of farming your low level gear and fighting your friends at the same time... :D) The zombie arms are hilarious and unexpected on your first run through. The second map is... well, dark and boring. But it's short, so I can bear with it. Creepy Castle was excitingly similar to Sargon's castle and brought back quite a few fond memories.

Now, I get that this event is probably a rerun filler to keep us occupied while the devs sort out whatever update they have brewing, but there's been a few things missed. From what I can see, it was intended that all World Bosses now can be stunned for a specific duration and are taunted by things like Guardian. It seems the Bosses in this event haven't been updated yet. :)

The biggest criticism I have of this event is the lack of incentive to turn in quests. It's strange how you get more progress by resetting quests, which seems a backwards way of setting up this event. I would prefer if there were permanent + challenging minibosses that give progress and aren't tied to a quest. If you want to make the event playable by players of all difficulty, then just make said challenging minibosses only appear on higher difficulties of the event. This would also give all those complaining players seeking a challenge something to do. :rolleyes:

The event rewards are not too bad. There's a plethora of collectibles like pets and costumes. Not to mention, you can get a few of those Runes of Devastation (finally!) that were otherwise impossible to obtain.

Overall, I think this event is alright. At the very least, it's interesting enough to make me put down my other games, temporarily, and return to playing DSO a tad more.

Please_enter_a_name likes this.
  6. Zoltan

Zoltan Junior Expert

Pretty much my thinking as well. I am enjoying the ability to get draken cores reasonably easy and quickly. Will finally be able to transfer enchants to torso with just a little more farming.

Also helps that I was not strong enough to finish event last year so couple more achievements ticked off

Hetsunien likes this.
  7. ipaTcH

ipaTcH Forum Apprentice

I was hoping for a little twist or anything else this year... but the same boring old event with the same annoying bugs.... BUT i really hope this year Winter event will have an improvement........

8. I didn't get a chance to play this event before and this is my first time playing this event. Here's what I think about it:

I thought it was okay. Progress on main event was not bad at all, especially with the given length of the event. However, it's a little boring farming for Sophia Remedies. I made the mistake of finishing the main event as fast as possible, before the first challenge even started. I could have made the most out of my entrances if I did main event and challenge together. I used all my amphora keys and bought some passes with ander just to save me some time.

The challenges are also okay, although I wish we didn't have to do ridiculous things such as taking advantage of quests to complete the challenge quicker. The dungeon of despair should just be designed like the "Promised to Death" quest works. It's just stupid that we have to do 3-4 runs just for one Illusionist kill(if we were to play normally, not taking advantage of quest). Add on top of that the low drop rate of the uniques. Players who are trying to get the cape would have to go through so many runs and still probably not get a single chance at one. Lastly, why copy paste the rewards? There are so many useful things you could've added as rewards in the second challenge.. gem refiners, clovers, different pet/costume, emotes... etc. I'd even be happy with basic rewards like blue essence tbh..

I heard people took advantage of the same quest last time too, which surprises me they didn't even bother fixing it? I mean I aint complaining about that... I guess... thanks(?)

Overall, I rate this event a 6/10. It's not the worst event but it's certainly not the best either.

vegetadavid likes this.
  9. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Event conclusion: Probably the worst event in DSO history. I know you hear it all the time, but this time it's for real. Why?

• It dragged on for ever. After finishing it on day1 the event was over.
    • The droprate of the only reward people seemed to want (the staff) was so, so low I wasn't able to get it even speeding through low tiers (I didn't want it though)
    • The droprate for the cloak was a joke too. As a dude who finished both challenges and made a few more runs on the side, I didn't get it. Fun thing is no one in my groups - and I mostly played in 5/5 groups.
    • The 2 challenges were a spit in the face. Well, not the 1st one maybe, but to make a ""challenge"" that's the same.. how lazy can you get? Tell me, why would anyone want the costume / mount twice? You planning on a trading system? =)))))))) ahhh.. I was being ironical.
    The conclusion of the conclusion, everything is status quo. You're lazy or not interested in players and some of us are stupid for returning to the game (with cash buys) just to get frustrated.

As always, I'm adamant that what I write here or what anyone writes here, remains here and no one will give two shhhilings (ofc).

Keep up the bad work!

10. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

trust me, you ain't seen nothing yet

Have you ever tried dunes of desolation or perils of time?those might be worse

11. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Opinions differ. For me, it was a great event. All I cared was to farm as much Draken Cores as possible. 1611 in Total was good enough for me. Besides I also got 2 Crit Damage runes and 4 Block Strength runes. I am happy :D

12. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Wow. My whole goal was as many Draken Cores as well, but unfortunately for me the drop rate of the minion parts was so horribly low that I only got several hundred. Would love to have gotten what you had, but an hour farming for minion parts per castle run and a full time job ment that I didn't.

13. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Trust me, I didn't farm a lot either. The trick is to farm 'normal' mode which is where you get the most minion parts. About 20-30 per round and I could get a remedy every 10 minutes.

14. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I did _normal_ mode as well and some rounds I was getting as low as 5 for the entire map. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.