Feedback Ghost Festival

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Oct 28, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Skyfire-

-Skyfire- Someday Author

Progress rewards were bad, mobs in the mini were way too strong compared to normal ones, but the cloak looks pretty good, so overall I guess not so bad.

2. Zulily19

Zulily19 Someday Author

I finished it all. First event I ever did. Love the axe and cloak the shield naw, sticking with my wolf slayer one but.... I thought it was a great one. I also got my first keys to open those cute pots I'm happy thanks for a great event .

3. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I finished both the main event and the mini event. It was NICE to finally be able to finish an event and not feel like my life was consumed by having to grind, grind, grind. Sure, there was some grinding for the minion pieces but it wasn't so onerous that I was spending hours doing it. An hour maybe but not hours and hours.

I don't like the appearance of the cloak. It is way too short and shiny. However, with the set I can now try out a one-handed set up. Not sure I'd keep it as my two-handed does a lot of damage, but it will be fun to try.

The maps were nice to look at. I loved, LOVED, the piggies. Even after I finished the main and was working on the mini I'd look for the piggies....just to find them. Would love to see more Easter eggs in future events.

Between this event and the New Moon, DSO may be on a roll to making events fun and rewarding again. Keep it up.

Morinphen and MikeyMetro like this.
  4. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Overall this was not a great event but definitely falls into the 'good enuf' category. As is, it could be used for a couple more goes as the All Hallows Eve event.

The big negative, as usual is the sloppy work coming out of the dev shop. Ofc, the weapon fiasco has been discussed enough already. But also some other "how the heck did you miss that" items. E.G., the cool new addition to the beastiary, the zombie arms, were not linked to any drop table. Zero drops from these took them from cool to ignore. The leader class mini-boss in Darkwood, the Dark Oak of Doom, did not have the typical circle ornamentation. Seroiusly, nobody noticed that? Anyway, 'nuf said here since I'ld rather move on to the favorable stuff.

I got a real kick out of seeing the old Darbmoor map used as the template for Oldfield. That was a very nice nostalgia trip for a long time player. Also one of the most humorous npc dialog lines of all time... when Larpalon says, "Did you know I was once ambushed from behind by an an evil unicorn?" The visual that popped into my head had me laughing almost to tears (ok, so mayhaps I have not led the most wholesome life as some of you out there :p.) Had me chuckling ever time I passed him after that :D

The big plus in this event was the lack of grind feel. I completed both the main and mini with two characters (my main L50 Ranger and an alt L46 DK.) As well as many more toons that I played at least up to the 5 amphorae key reward. The drops for access and progress were the best I have seen in an event here for a very long time.

The mini was pretty nice. I was really happy the ground poison was DDH style where the map could still be run without neutralizing it. The cloak is nice. It won't replace my Warlord for serious play but as an alternative for faster play in easier setting it will work well. As far as the look goes... well my main is a Ranger so I am quite used to hideous looking gear :rolleyes: Although I did find a way to make it look cool on my ranger while hanging out in urban areas. I have a get stash of dyes from back when Stellar Gold was good. I found that be dying my gear cerulean and equipping the quiver and bow the whole look has a nice vibe :cool:

There were really only three things that I felt really needed improvement. The timed costume as a progress reward is just really unacceptable. It's an old costume that I've had on my toons for a long time so it did not affect me personally. It's just that as a long time player I got used to events being where I got my costumes, emotes, pets and mounts from.

Another is the drop rate of Gwenfara's weapon. I have killed that boss like 200 times by now and I got the weapon once... on my L50 where I really do not need it, lol. While the weapon is not endgame worthy it would have been a great leveling piece for many of my other toons that tried for it.

Finally, the offhand gear reward. Who in the heck thought this up? Imho it is an utterly useless piece of junk. I know there are many items in the game that fit this description but as a final event reward?... c'mon devs... just once... try playing the game you are creating... pretty please :)

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Dragonnns, EhtovK and Morinphen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.