Glyph insanity!!!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by multitoonz, Nov 28, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Got a legendary lvl 3 hand cannon drop, with 4 enhancements, and 2 of the enhancements are 34% damage increase, so 68% increase. I just want to know how glyphs are figured because it will cost 266,027,984 glyphs to upgrade that bad boy to level 50.
    How can BP expect someone to even farm that many glyphs? I know the goal is to stop players from becoming god forbid too strong now, but 266 mil glyphs? That's just stupid. That is just stupid, let me say that again.

2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

The upgrade system is either a cash deal or a grinding farming endeavor. For weapons and offhand items it is a very long term grind or a lot of cash.

Personally I do not consider upgrading weapons and off hand items worth upgrading very much. I feel you are better off replacing them as you level up and putting your glyphs into low level left side items with offensive stats. You will get much better offense improvement for far fewer glyphs in the long run.

It make sense to me that weapons require so many more glyphs than other items when they increased the max enchantments and then put in the new upgrade system. If they did not then players with could make upgraded weapons that make the best uniques in the game seem like toys with just a modest amount of cash (when you consider how much some players spend on this game.) So it basically comes down to a balance issue.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

3. ~IceAngel~

~IceAngel~ Junior Expert

yes i know what you mean i noticed after lv46 or 47 items become nearly impossible to upgrade i have about 10 million glymphs with everything i own and i have farmed a lot none of those a bought i would think it would take about a year or two for me to ever get 200 million i don't see it doable especially for 1 item so i think it was made that way so people would pay thousands of dollars to get it that high because it is a unreasonable amount.

4. Torefas

Torefas Padavan

Why you need to upgrade it to 50 anyway? The stat increasement does not equal with the glyph spent after level 45. I personally only upgrade something to level 45 and focus to another items. Never intended to upgrade my gear over level 45.

5. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

I would never upgrade the gun, EVER that high, in fact I'll probably melt it or sell it. It was just unbelievable that the glyphs required to even make it level 45 are just too much and makes upgrading really not worth it. I have a real life and don't plan on farming DSO everyday. Too bad we can't sell gear for andermant to other players, sure there are some p2p who would invest a little bit into upgrading it.

6. ~IceAngel~

~IceAngel~ Junior Expert

I have upgraded a few of my items lv47 and 48 it costs 1-3m around those two levels after that its around 5m-10m so it seems impossible to do anything past 47 i takes a lot of work close to impossible the only possible way i would see it happen in this lifetime would be to pay insane amounts of money and that is unfair to everyone the only people with level 50 items are people who pay thousands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.