Good Legend Shields

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by daywaker2, Nov 27, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

I don't care if you ignore me. Your posts are not much useful or constructive or worth looking at. That is not a valid argument to say that you need 65% of each to be a good shield. That just doesn't make sense. If you guys look at the calculation curve after you add the 40% increase for talent then it is 2x block rate and 2x block damage. As I said, people never include this and if you don't 3x rate 3x dmg is better. If you do include it 2x of each is better. calculating at 60% all is not that accurate as it is highly unrealistic. Doing a 50% calculation that torefas has requested is more realistic and as calculation shows, 2x of each is better.

2. bojsha

bojsha Someday Author

:D What's with you man? 65% block rate (3x +50% block rate) is total value not as you think 3x +65% block rate wich is immposible to get on a shield, do read more carefuly next time before you make your self look silly. ;)

3. NightWalker

Are you really that dumb? I quoted your "65%".
    your words:
    Hi bro, maybe its better 3x Block Rate and 1x Blocks if you can upgrade it to 48lvl. why? you Must have 65% block rate and 65% or more dgm reduction.
    Now who needs to read before making himself look silly :D

4. Geobli

Geobli Advanced

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but this calculation is wrong.

You don't calculate like this with talent:

Shield's Base Block * (Shield Block Rate % + Talent Block Rate %) = Total Block Rate

You must calculate like this:

(Shield's Base Block * Shield Block Rate %) * Talent Block Rate % = Total Block Rate

So 2x 50% Block Rate & 2x 50% Block Reduction enchantments on 45 level Shield(upgraded to 47) will look like this:

(561*2) * 1.4 = 1571
    561*2 = 1122

And 3 & 1 like this:

(561*2.5) * 1.4 = 1964 (Amazing Block Rate)
    561*1.5 = 841

Cheers. :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  5. bojsha

bojsha Someday Author

hahah omg :D you are so funny couse you are so silly, thats total value of block rate and blocks hahahahahahah :D :p

6. bojsha

bojsha Someday Author

http://drakensang.optimizer.free.fr

here, try 3x 50% block rate and select talent for it.

7. NightWalker

Oh so the talent comes after the total? wow thats nice :)

@bojsha- you said the wrong thing and accused me of saying the wrong thing :) looks like I said the right thing except I calculated the wrong thing. Please use your brain first next time :) that is if you have one.

Muscle likes this.
  8. Geobli

Geobli Advanced

Well... thanks I knew about that anyway, but don't need it, I have a tank for it. I know how it works. :)

9. NightWalker

LOL XD I have DK but never got a good enough shield to make me calculate for my shield. Luck sucks too much :(

Well then sorry guys, here is the redo for calculations with blocker at 60%

I'll use a level shield with base stats
    428 armor, 516 block rate/dmg

2x of each
    1589 block rate = 62.36%
    1135 block dmg= 70.29% block dmg

3x block 1x dmg
    2023 block rate= 67.83%
    826 block dmg= 63.25%

Therefore, 2x of each still beats 3x block 1x dmg.

However, using 60% is unrealistic so lets also do a 50%

2x of each
    1445 block rate= 60.09%
    1032 block dmg= 68.27%

3x rate 1x dmg
    1806 block rate = 65.31%
    774 block dmg= 61.74%

2x of each wins again. In conclusion 2x of each wins 3x rate 1x dmg.

However, this is done as a level 40 calculation, meaning the % when you use a 45 shield at 40 XD exact values of 45 will all be a bit lower but the conclusion that 2x of each wins doesn't change.

10. -necromonster-

-necromonster- Junior Expert

For the sake of keeping this informative thread alive, please refrain from further insulting other forum members. Any more posts in that regard will be removed and infracted.

11. bojsha

bojsha Someday Author

Well man, you realy missread my post over and over again so am not gonna bother with you any more.

On: I have a friend who has shield with the folowing: +60% block rate, +50% block rate, +58% damage reduction, +191 armor, 2 slots. maybe this would be best stats for a shield ... do you agree?

12. spiro_spula

spiro_spula Forum Connoisseur

It actually makes sense that the talent is calculated on top of everything because the two multipliers come from different sources.
    @bojsha, the armor bonus on shield is probably less effective than a block rate or amount bonus. A bit higher armor will only drop incoming physical damage by like 0.5% or something as tiny as that while more frequent or effective blocks will decrease all incoming damage (not only physical) by some 5% or something like that. These are only approximations but that's ten times as much.

13. NightWalker

No, you are the one who misread my posts. I mean exactly what I wrote and it is correct. Because the mod has requested it I won't argue with you anymore so please don't start one. Your friend's shield is good but there is an armor value increase which would be much weaker. Much less than spiro_spula said. It won't even reduce physical damage taken by 5% especially for DKs with high armor. Why is this worse than block rate or block dmg reduction? This is because you can only get those stats on a shield. You can block both physical and elemental attacks with block.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  14. daywaker2

daywaker2 Forum Demigod

the best shield for dk is 3/1 ..... but need high %... for ranger i think 2/2...

selmys likes this.
  15. NightWalker

No is other way around DK 2/2, ranger need 3/1
    I'm too lazy to do the ranger calculations to show you why but 2/2 for ranger yields less block rate, we need 3/1 while DKs 2/2. I proved DK 2/2 better with statistics.

16. bojsha

bojsha Someday Author

Yeah, your right, it makes sence. tnx.

17. Mesiáš

Mesiáš Forum Apprentice

in my results is better 3/1 than 2/2

i calc. 100 hits with 1000dmg each
    2x of each
    1445 block rate= 60.09%
    1032 block dmg= 68.27%

59038 inc. dmg

3x rate 1x dmg
    1806 block rate = 65.31%
    774 block dmg= 61.74%

57097 inc dmg

and 100 hits with 2000dmg each

2/2 117796 inc dmg

3/1 114195 inc dmg

18. daywaker2

daywaker2 Forum Demigod

I testet 3/1 and its better believe me.)

19. Mesiáš

Mesiáš Forum Apprentice

Yes, it is true, and my tests confirmed this
    or it is not visible from the test?

20. NightWalker

yo buddy, wrong calculations.
    Let us assume 10k dmg
    Let us use your values.

2x of each
    1445 block rate= 60.09%
    1032 block dmg= 68.27%
    10000*0.6009=6009 dmg left
    you do this because you have 60.09% to reduce damage.

now you multiply it by (1-0.6827)
    NOTE: Please remember, your damage is reduced by 68.27% so you don't directly multiply 0.6827, you take 100% minus that % to get the % of the original damage left.
    6009*(1-0.6827)=1907 dmg left from 10k dmg

3x rate 1x dmg
    1806 block rate = 65.31%
    774 block dmg= 61.74%
    10000*0.6531=6531
    6531*(1-0.6174)=2499 damage left from someone that will originally hit you 10k.

Therefore, since 1907 dmg is less than 2499 damage by nearly 600 damage, 2x each is better. :p I guess that is why I have an A in math class.

Edit: Note, this calculation is done when you assume values of % is at 50%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.