Suggestion [GoP] Unique Set-Bonus Increase

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Vanaduke, Jan 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Accord?

1. Support

53.3%
  2. No Support

46.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanaduke

Vanaduke Forum Apprentice

Title.

Glyphs of Power only improves equipment values and with the imminent content expansion, its feared most of our current gear would appear futile. Time invested on acquiring sufficient Glyphs to raise equipment level to 50 alone--

I do understand the essence of the game is to grind until you break your lowest point but if were provided an alternative option to keep our respective sets we spent draken on. Am not asking for compensation, only an alternative.

This is the best possible solution I could think of.

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

If all or most set bonuses were percentages, this wouldn't matter as much.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  3. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Van, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking for? Can you explain what you are suggesting?

4. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I think he is asking for GoP to also improve set bonuses, instead of just item bonuses.

Based on this post and, iirc, others, I believe he is a dark set/dragonache user. Those sets don't offer percentage bonuses, so as gear level increases, the set bonus becomes relatively weaker. Whereas, say, the legendary essence set or warlord set or other sets with percentages, would still have the percentages multiply against the improved gear item values.

5. Vanaduke

Vanaduke Forum Apprentice

Yes. it does grows weak as its bonuses arent set on percentage.

Dragonache provide set bonuses: (2)+25, (3)+100
    If we can upgrade Tear Holder's dmg to +9 (49) on its level 50 variation then it set bonus too should be.

The set bonuses are upgraded along with the equipment level but requires identical levels of the given equipment to function.
    Tear Holder at level 50: +49 dmg; 7.5 % asp,
    Bloodtooth at level 50: +618 hp; +25% inc crit. hit rate

Set Bonus
    (2)+25
    (3)+100

Improved Set Bonus
    (2 equipment at level 50) +30
    (3 equipment at level 50) +120

I couldnt just threw away my Dark Set. I have time invested on those.

6. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Honestly though there are better items out there. I will farm them til I get them but will take time. Set bonuses have been the same forever. Maybe after the level cap bump there will be something new and exciting to see.

I also think the upgrade via glyphs had a different focus in the game than how we currently see it being used.

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Or Sargon sets.

8. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

I like the logic in this suggestion. A higher level set would/does have higher level bonuses. Makes good sense that GOP should have an effect on it. It may be a suitable answer to the OP in the related thread on upgrading his Dark Armor.

9. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

2 ideas for this:

1. upgrade set bonuses separately from upgrading the items. This can be done with existing glyphs, but with an upgrade window that can be opened through an artifact merchant, especially for upgrading bonuses, or by introducing a new kind of glyphs.
    2. which is what i d prefer, is to let the set bonus depend on the lvl of the lowest item in the set. If you have 4 lvl 50 items in a set, but 1 lvl 40 item, the set bonus will be at lvl 40 values. If you have 40 lvl 49 items in a set and the 5th is lvl 48, the set bonus will be with lvl 48 items. Even percentages can upgraded a little with this system.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  10. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

even slight set bonus increases as all items in all sets meet or exceed their next level would be appreciated

Keens because they start at level 40 are a particularly long grind to level up & it would be nice to be rewarded for the effort :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  11. yeomanry

yeomanry Advanced

Votes are now tied to 5:5.

12. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

There, tie breaker. Now it is up to someone else to tie it up again.

13. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

There I tied it up just so we can keep arguing.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.