Has anyone noticed the secret nerf?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ULTRAPEINLICH, Dec 30, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

So the "fix" simply brought the text in line with the damage. That isn't a "nerf," that is fixing a typo. Regarding 3 ess, if you don't like it, then don't use it.

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

1. The hunting traps skill has been nerfed since the content expansion
    2. Yes it is a nerfing ... a big one. Before the Lor'Crap expansion the hunting traps and the frost nova were not using essence ... adding a damage to those skills was optional ... meaning you could use that or the other upgrade but never both in same time. Now the damage comes by default. I have been using this skill forever ... I remember killing Sargon without spending single essence.
    Now ... those who would say it is justified why should you kill the monsters without spending essences ... those would be the people who never tried playing with only hunting traps. It is a hard challenge and not everyone can do it. It takes too much time and patience ... by the time you make one kill the others can make 10+ kills.
    3. The damage and the essence cost are not that big nerfing compared to the trap's uptime. This is a clear evidence that no one in the devs team is playing this game. Now the traps are almost unusable ... you can lay down a trap that no monster will run into because by the time the monsters are in that position the traps are long time gone.

misterbean and Yogo like this.
  4. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

Read trakis post to inform yourself, or just read the second last line of mine.

5. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

Surprise?? :D

Off-topic, but DSO overall needs a huge fix. Not only this skill & it cannot go to fast. :)

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

There are a great many things that I don't like too. Doesn't mean that it needs changing or that it will be changed. And I am "informed." I have a LVL 50 RA... I just don't use hunting traps.

7. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

This topic is about the nerf of hunting traps. Reasons to why I and other rangers call it a "nerf" are stated above, mainly the dmg-decrease to 50%, the cost enhancement up to 3ess per trap, and the uptime decrease to 4seconds.
    That I dont like this is just my personal opinion which doesnt change anything about the fact that the trap has been nerfed.
    Guess what, I dont use it anymore as well, why could that be.
    What makes you think I presume it will be changed? Im just trying to catch the other ranger's attention to it, we'll see then what happens.

8. Indeed you did. So why create a duplicate thread. Kindly add to existing threads in an existing topic in future. Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.