Haven’t played in three years, what’s changed?

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by piteris2, Apr 14, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Basically the title.

I haven’t played regularly since late 2019. Could someone list the major changes to the game since then? I wouldn’t really appreciate it.

Also is it worth starting a new character in April 2022? And is there anything else that I should know about?

Thanks.

2. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Board Analyst

No one is going to tell you the truth. Bigpoint will just censor them. But if you have not played this game since 2019. The game is completely changed it is not DSO any more. If You want an honest answer don't look here. Ask other players in game chat. They will give you the truth with out fear of censorship.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    aBDuLHaMiTHaN and piteris2 like this.
  3. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

There was the Dark Legacy expansion: The skill trees got thrown out the window and completely revamped. Max level shot from 55 to 100. All your existing gear is junk, there are no longer item tiers, just item levels. Some of your old items got converted into new items, there's a lengthy list of that somewhere in the Dark Legacy patch notes. True targeted crafting with enchantments is now possible. Gems got a bajillion more tiers, but there's now a dusting system, so in theory, there's no useless gem.

Quest system is pretty much the same. Events are gradually getting "reworked." :rolleyes:

As for BP itself: Original team is gone. New team is working on things, but updates are slower than a snail. I went back to check some of my records yesterday and found that the Dragan rework "leak" was in January, but Dragan event itself only arrived today. XD

Therefore, any promises/roadmaps made by the previous BP team (new class, pvp rework, etc) I would take those promises with not just a few grains of salt, but the whole salt shaker.

piteris2 likes this.
  4. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

Sounds a but chaotic.

Would you say it’s worth starting a new character? Or are there not enough populated servers these days?

5. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

You can use your existing your character if you want, you'll just have to spend a few hours cleaning your inventory like everyone else did at the start of Dark Legacy. The beginning parts of the game (1-55) are basically the same. I think they just made some of the ultra hard quests a bit easier, but there's nothing particularly new or special you're missing out on in that part of the game.

As for populated servers, I'm from Tegan and I can say you probably don't want to play on my server. Haha. :| Anyways, most populated servers are still Heredur and Grimmag. I wouldn't pick the other servers if I can help it.

piteris2 likes this.
  6. Aslandroth

Aslandroth Regular

Something else happened as well. Whoever they hired at BP is using an abacus instead of a modern keyboard. We used to have 7 hotkeys in our bar which I always found strange because it left off the 8, 9, and 0. To improve our quality of life they removed a few keys soo we can't build out a hotbar that reflects the skills we want to use. Instead they introduced more hotbars which they want us to pay for but even if they were free would be (and is) a total raping of the play experience because it breaks the flow and you can't simply play a game with the available keys.

Everything this fly by night operation does is designed to introduce frustration to the player. Some genius decided the best financial model was to frustrate the players into paying more, and even the poor saps that do pay, get their quality of life crapped all over. It's almost like Joe Biden is CM Jesse and BP is the WEF.

tozagol likes this.