Help, I'm back after several years

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kikito19891, Feb 26, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. kikito19891

kikito19891 Forum Greenhorn

Hello everyone, I have returned to the game after several years and everything is different, they took away my unique equipment. I have a steam engine as the main character but I feel like a role. I have no resistance, I do no harm. There are friends who are helping me get to level 100. But I would like help with a level 100 build. equipment, rune gems, etc.

2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

As much as I detest Discord, that's the medium of choice both for the management/developers of DSO and the player base. Go there, look at the steam-mechanicus channel, you'll find lots of different build recommendations (probably an overwhelming number of them!).

As for runes, gems and jewels, I always suggest focusing on runes first. Gems help, but everything is so costly to upgrade in both materials and gold, you'll get better off by spending the coin on runes than popping gems in and out of gear that you're going to discard after a day (until you get to level 100 and start to drop a few decent pieces of equipment).

Jewels can be super powerful, but you have to wait for events to obtain them, and they're even more costly to upgrade than runes.

The Wisdom tree is also extremely important to your build strength, so once you start collecting runes, prioritize upgrading the Wisdom drop runes first, crit runes second. After that you'll get various recommendations, but I think most will agree Wisdom & crit are highest on the list; attack speed is probably 3rd most popular for startup.

Oh, and you mentioned resistance ... that's so low in priority that I never have equipped those runes or gems. Same for block (you'll eventually run across the Mechanicum shield which has a beefy amount of HP, plus Armor and Block stats, but I go for maxing HP instead of the other defense stats.

Good luck and have fun :)

3. ABC

ABC Moderator Team Drakensang Online

Hi there, welcome back :) Hope you enjoy your renewed journey with the new updates and changes ^^