High Ping Tegan since hotfix #3

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by MikeyMetro, Jan 18, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

High ping since Hotfix#3?
    I have had this problem since November 2017.
    Yes using my mobile phone does alleviate this a bit but, if I have to constantly use mobile internet??? The cost of Mobile internet in South Africa is insane.
    Why did this happen for me?
    Why was it not always like this?
    Yes gaming is set to 5x5 on my isp too.
    I am glad that more players are coming forward with this problem, because this shows it is not my isp...
    And for me, my latency sometimes goes to 700ms in bigger groups
    I cannot play with more than 3 people with high internet speed in 1 group.
    I cannot do event bosses without dying
    mostly sometimes in bigger groups the latency takes so long that the drops dissappear.
    When people offer spirit stones I dont revive and then click on anderment too
    guess what, it consumes their stone and my ander
    Now to top it all of draken core drops has been nerfed too
    everytime I pick up anything other than draken core my heart sinks

2. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

The server move was May 2017. When that occurred it was actually better for me. My latency dropped down to 13ms. I was loving life.

If you do a server location lookup, it comes up as either Los Angles Ca. or San Jose, Ca. (where google just happens to have a ton of servers). I believe that they are in San Jose (technically Santa Clara which is part of the San Jose area) as so many others including most of the area tech companies use these google servers, but that is just my personal feeling given that my route to the game used to take me through those known locations.

For some unknown reason, all this changed yesterday and the routing is now different. Support says that the "team" has been notified and of course to check with my ISP (which I have done).

I have been unable to find any other site that changed paths except DSO. I'm still inquiring with my ISP to see if there is anything that can be done on their end to reroute me back to the path where game play latency is acceptable, but so far they have offered no answers on how to do that.

If my ISP offers up a solution, I'll pass it along, but I expect that the answer will need to come from DSO if they choose to tell us.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

And just like magic, it is gone and my ping is back to 25ms. Strange voodoo :cool:

_Baragain_ likes this.
  4. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Someone on the "team" must have shaken the chicken bones, because I to am back to 8-13ms.

I did a tracert and I am getting one timed out response, but other than that, it is as it once was, the route is straight into what I suspect is the google servers.

A big thank you to the DSO team for doing it!

MikeyMetro likes this.
  5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Same, back to my happy 14-17ms.

MikeyMetro likes this.
  6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

The problem is not an ISP or a BP (or thier ISP) problem.

The problem is in the "backbone" which are owned by 3rd party telecommunications companies that report to no ISP.

In essence, everyone keeps ckecking the Highway On-Ramps (ISPs) and Off-Ramps (ISPs) for a solution to a problem that is actually with a stretch of the middle lane of a 5 lane super highway (level3 backbone).

So, no amount of complanining to BP (or thier ISP) or your ISP is going to fix the problem, cause it isn't with thier "parts" of the internet road system.

7. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

No, but a Data Center would have a way to put in a complaint/ticket to the backbone providers and request the issue be addressed. Since the issue seemed to be centered around the two North American servers of Drakensang and no other websites, I'd put the issue closer to BP's area for intervention than ours. They should place a ticket with the Data Center that hosts Agathon and Tegan, and the Data Center should place the ticket with the backbone providers.

MikeyMetro likes this.