I need help

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Huntedd69, Jun 17, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Huntedd69

Huntedd69 Forum Greenhorn

I have a ranger with almost 120k damage and 143k (36%) crit. I can do infernal solo but I've been stuck at this point for a long time. What should I do in order to become stronger in game and progress?

2. OopsFoos

OopsFoos Board Analyst

First of all, pump the critical value to at least 300-350k, and do not forget to pump damage and attack speed in parallel...

3. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Don't ignore Wisdom; you get a lot of offensive and defensive strength from the Wisdom tree, as well as (at least for my steam mech) game-changing combat options once you've farmed enough Wisdom points.

Fortunately, you can get Wisdom, junk gear to sell/melt, gems, potentially runes and even jewels (I've never dropped a jewel in 10 years, so don't get your hopes too high) from boss kills.

Parallel World Infernal may be too intimidating still, but try farming your favorite boss in Real World dungeons at "regular" Infernal.

Of course you'll need Keys of Prowess to enter a boss room at Painful or higher difficulty, so you'll need to farm a mixture of Sentinel monsters for Keys and the Boss rooms themselves. Running the Great Desert map on the Qaizah continent is the most efficient Sentinel farming option, but you might also consider running the Temple Sector map in Atlantis for the high number of Guardian and Champion mobs which are your primary source for Rune drops.

As for which boss to farm, get advice on the most popular gear for end-game Rangers (you're not end-game, yet, but thinking ahead is a smart idea), then focus on the bosses that will allow you to eventually unlock the desired gear crafting recipes. There's some build recommendations in this forum, but a lot of the conversations have shifted to Discord, so check both places for ideas.

ALTERNATE RECOMMENDATION: Find a group of stronger players who can get you into higher level dungeons ... resulting in better drops of everything.

Have fun!