I think potion should be banned in battle

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -DeathRaider-, Aug 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should potions be banned in battle?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    54.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

Who said I was talking about him? Heck I don't even know who this him is you're talking about. I was referring to any general twink as an example of how flawed and hypocritical your argument is. As well as showing that you have no idea what the word honor means.

2. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

Oh tricky one. Of course I PvP to win, but not to use potions like crazy, just because my opponent otherwise will kill me. Cause I won't go "loser-mode" in the try to win a stupid battle, because another player "plays better" or is "stronger" then me.

You guys talk about a whole different stuff when trying to "defend" being some of those who would go "loser-mode" if they had to. (In chase you guys do) ;)

Like if a player has all he's items in 49 and the other player has all items in 45-47, then is also unfair bla bla. Really? That's the best argument you guys got?
    Well..

1. The other guy probably farmed more then the guy with only level 45-47 items or maybe just played longer. Overall the stuff you guys talk about has nothing to do with going "loser-mode" in arena taking potions. Some of it you talk about is the unbalanced PvP or those who got boosted by their friends to get a strong low lvl account or just went full-****** and bought full sacred to act cool in low lvl PvP.

You could use potions to tank Mortis/Destructor for friends and so on, but guess your not that type of a player? ;) Anyways I do agree with this
    - That would also work fine for me. ;)

- *Ban potions in arena 100%*

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  3. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

Not that the DEVs would do it, but let's entertain that thougtht for a second. I'm all for entering the arena naked. But I would have a mad dash to the center to grab weapons with random enchantments. Think Beyond Thunderdome. Anyways, this is all talk and we all are wise enough to know that it isnt going to be implemented.

4. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Lol hmm I'm 16 and Anna student and I don't know what honor means, and your the one that's keep assuming things you no idea who and how people are. Learn the fact before posting/saying anything. Let's see here you probably don't know the game as much as me but you may so. I am an pvp player and when someone uses a potion people get mad. And when too op players are taking turns with potion they will never die.

5. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

Please show me where I've assumed anything. As I said before I have no idea who you think I'm talking about. I guess if I had said lvl 10 in my example you would assume I was talking about some lvl 10 friend of yours. If I said lvl 15 I guess you'd assume I was talking about your lvl 15 friend. Dear, I don't know your friends...please stop assuming that every example I may use is directed at friends of yours I don't even know.

And who cares if people get mad at others using potions? That's their problem. As already stated, it's a tool like your weapon and your armor. Not anyone's fault if you choose not to use it but your own. But.... no one is less honorable if they use it, just like no one is any more honorable if they don't.

@trakilaki

Watch out. He tried using his strong "weakling" argument before, but failed, so now he's pulled out the mighty "Looser-Mode" defense. I guess if you say it enough times it somehow magically makes you right and you don't have to resort to anything like reason to back yourself up.

And yeah, yeah, I know I said I was leavin'. But....well....a girl can change her mind, and I'm kinda enjoying this. It's not often I'm one of the smartest people in the room, but in this case the company in this room makes me look like I'm a genius. :D

6. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

Lol? What else would you call it? Oh yeah I did see you admit you would use potions if you had to.. :) I think you be mad if you can't do that anymore, that's why you "defend" it. ^^

7. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

Maybe....maybe not. Real question is, why do you want it banned? Loose to many times in the arena because of it? Had that sure win in your pocket and your opponent turned the tables on you? You poor dear.

See you can't come up with a legit reason to ban it so you resort to, "weaklings use it", and "looser-mode". You try to belittle anyone who doesn't play the way you do. But why? Why don't you use a tool the game has provided for you to use just for that purpose...survival? Is it because you use them all up in PvE and have none left for PvP? A If you can't use it no one else should sort of thing? Is it taking up to much of your precious inventory space? Is it ego? Will your friends make fun of you because they're under some macho delusion that it makes you less of a man? (Really hope that's not it. It's a video game darling, and doesn't define who you are as a person in the real world.)

So come on sugar, lay it on us. Give us the real reasons why it should be banned, and stay away from all that looser, weakling EDIT and give us a straight answer. Either that or you're just full of it and whining because you can't take a loss because someone smarter than you used a tool properly.

Last edited by moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    Serenthía likes this.
  8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Nyshen you realize that there in no solution to solve this ongoing debate?

If you do a google search about it you'll find that some people hate every possible scenerio.

Free vs paid
    Non twink vs twink
    No higher ess vs higher ess
    Newbie vs old player
    Non potion vs potion.
    Even one type of character vs another another

You're logic in potions makes sense as potions are part of the game, but so is twinking. It's part of the game.

Those who take advantage of something in the game will be despised by those who do not. Yet despite all the complaining, everyone still plays.

What makes me laugh are those who say that they don't play who come here to complain.

Everyone wants the game to be the way they play, and nothing BP can do will ever change that.

9. KingOfTrolls66

KingOfTrolls66 Forum Apprentice

Hmm? i have been playing this game since APRIL of 2012 and I'm also 48yrs young and in the little time i have been playing this game when the end BOSS was HAROLD, I would go into PVP and use POTION any time i had it, Simply because there is no HONOR in DYING over and over in PVP when your as bad as myself LOL, what i find funny is when i use a potion and still lose that winner still goes on a tirade about being a noob, I find it funny to actually almost be able to see the person turning red in the face:mad: with frustration because after all they just won?:( But i will still use potion in PVP no matter how mad someone gets simply because its there to be used, so look at it this way is it a NOOB to have a BOWLING HANDICAP? a GOLFING HANDICAP?o_O hmm? Food for thought for this young man to think about, HANDICAP is given to someone who might be at unfair disadvantage to the PRO's in BOWLING OR GOLF, so you have to look at the POTION as a HANDICAP, why are you so upset about it? are you one of those WHO WINS but still has ISSUES with WINNING? or if your LOSING because someone used their HANDICAP, them maybe its because you also need to be using a HANDICAP to level the playing field. Not trying to pick on you, but just some FOOD FOR THOUGHT, why wouldn't you want me to have a potion? my fingers are not as quick as they where 20yrs ago, I do think only the OG players (OLD GUYS) should be able to use potions : ) J/K:)

Note: For anyone who reads the last line of this post please don't take it out of context if you don't know what J/K means, J/K= JOKING

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You are in "loser-mode" even before you have created this thread.
    Because pushing is illegal.

Google search ? :D
    If you do BigPoint search ... you will find this:

• The User violates criminal law.
    • The User violates the prohibition of multi-accounts which may be stipulated in the respective Game’s rules (see Sec. 1.2 above).
    • The User violates the prohibition of pushing (see Sec. 1.2 above).
    • The User violates the prohibition of non-authorized scripts (see Sec. 1.2 above).
    • The User violates the prohibition of exploiting programming errors (bugs) (see sec. 1.2)
    • The User deliberately provides false information upon registration 2, User application form) or while completing payment of Premium Features (see Sec. 7.1).

Meaning, pushing is forbidden and twinking can't be a part of the game. :)

Nyshen and Bearer-of-Death like this.
  11. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Really!!! Although i'm not offend by this remark...still its very sad to see, that you think this way...in your point-of-view only those who play PvP right now have a right to complain???

And i thought that someone like you would know better, than to post something like that!!!:(
    So, this saying doesn't applies to you, "Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening".

Serenthía and goe-spec like this.
  12. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Absolutely not, anyone playing the game should voice their opinion on the game whether that is praise or complaint.

If you don't play the game (as some here claim) why bother to complain about it? If you're not playing the game then the bugs, lack of competitiveness, lack of drops, or what some other player does shouldn't bother you.

Honestly, would you complain about a car you don't own or drive? What would be the point?

Now back on topic.

Every player made the conscience decision to play this game. No one forced us.

BP allows players to buy many items in the game including ess, buffs, potions, gear, gems, etc.

If one player chooses NOT to participate in the purchasing of any or all of the items that is their choice, however it does not make the player who does purchase the items a cheater or noob or whatever other name they are being called.

It honestly sounds like some are unhappy with their decision to play a game where people can buy items, instead of spending their time looking for a game that meets their desires, they want to change the game to force everyone else to play the way they do.

13. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

Well I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I think you might have it a bit backwards. It's not the ones who are F2P or even low level P2P who are asking that potions be banned. That the game be changed, at least as far as potions go. And I'm not seeing those types of players calling others weaklings, loosers, and claiming some kind honor is being lost because one drinks a potion.

As far as me using the twinkie defense goes, I don't care how anyone wants to play their game. Buy it, play for free all the way, have your lvl 45 buddies do all the work while you claim the reward, whatever. I don't care; it's their game. (With the exception of where it effects my game in the unbalanced arena. But that's another thread.) I was only using twinks as an example when someone, who obviously doesn't mind helping others twink out their toons, started talking about honor. As if a twink, who had others earn his gear for him, beating on a new player is somehow filled with all kinds of honor while someone drinking a potion to survive against some puffed up twink in the arena is dishonorable. I don't think so.

As far as people who don't play complaining goes; again no problem here. I can't speak for them but I can understand their point of view. A game they used to play isn't as enjoyable to them anymore. They complain on what they think needs to be done in order for them to come back and play a game they once liked. No different than someone who used to drive a certain kind of car, but doesn't anymore because of such and such and would drive that kind of car again if the makers would do so and so. (Not saying what they are asking for is right or wrong, but certainly they have the right to voice their opinion even though they may no longer play.)

14. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

I using the lvl 13 as an example. And you keep your not referring to him. But I am. You need to accept this potions are a problem. I wish everyone could use potion freely but no it just makes people mad. I hate when 2 players go at for a hour in 1 round of a battle both constantly using potions. It takes people's time away and they aren't accomplishing anything. I'm sure many of haven't experience at high lvl but at low lvl pvp it happens a lot when 2 op players meet.

15. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

So the problem is when two other people, not you, use them and a fight gets extended longer than you'd like it to be it makes you mad? I can only assume you're talking about 3v3, 5v5, and 6v6 play? Down to the last one on each side and they keep using potions and you just want it to be over and move on already. That it? You can move on you know? You're the only one keeping you there.

I still disagree with you that it should be banned, but I do understand you better now.There are other alternatives to the problem rather than just banning HP because it causes a problem for a few people in limited circumstances.

Serenthía likes this.
  16. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

This would only apply in 3v3. In 5v5 and 6v6 you respawn after a countdown, regardless of your teammates' statuses.

17. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

Why doesn't anyone tell me these things?!?!?!.....lol (Every time I've tried signing up for a 5v5 I've waited way to long so still haven't been there. And if 5v5 is that way I didn't see a point of even trying to sign up for a 6v6)

So it's even more limited than I thought? Effects a few people and only in that one area of the arena. While I can understand the frustration of those circumstances I can't see banning HP because of it. Maybe a better solution would be to limit the fight time regardless. Once a certain time limit hits the fight is over. If it ends in a draw, then so be it. Better than waiting a hour for a win...and only a round win at that.

18. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

A bit of trivia from an old-time player:

Before exhaustion was added, 1v1 or 3v3 battles could end in draws when time was finished. I didn't see a problem with that, but I guess someone thought there were too many draws. I don't know. 5v5 always end at or before the buzzer (draw is possible), and 6v6 as well, so those do not have/need exhaustion phases.

My main character is a high-defense DK, and I could take advantage of the exhaustion system but I don't. I would not be opposed to getting rid of the exhaustion phase altogether and going back to a sudden ending which sometimes results in a draw.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    Serenthía and Nyshen like this.
  19. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The only people mad are the players who are waiting for 2 hours in "spectator view" ... because exhaustion can do nothing to twinks.

20. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

Haaa what a beautiful day that was...running around and around then we stopped and started to talk...

...he said to me, "I have the onyx skull, I can't die + over 3000 HP+armor" and i kindly responded to him, "me too, but i only have 600 HP + 450 armor"...

...and we talked some more, 30 mins later i told him that i would quit, because this was stupid...he thank me and said next time we meet he will return the favor.

Yeah "spectator view", my teammates were getting pretty impatient...who can blame them, nobody wants to be in a fight that will last for all eternity!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.