Improve Scaling Normal Dungeons

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by KingKrazy1, Aug 16, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. KingKrazy1

KingKrazy1 Active Author

When we need Keys of Prowess either for the Big game hunt event, or when we are farming sentinels for wisdom runes, there are really only a couple of maps that we enter. Foxarrific Burrow, maybe Stonekeep, Loxley Caverns, and (for keys) Great Desert are the only ones I have used. This is unfortunate, because there are many great maps that I would like to farm if they were worth it. Currently, they are not, but this could easily change. The devs decided to nerf Foxarrific by adding new sections of the map, which seems like unnecessary effort on their part. This is done, so no point in changing it, but what about the rest of the maps? I suggest they do one of a few things:
    1. Make the sentinel appear after 150 kills/all enemies defeated, whichever comes first. This would easily make all the dungeons worthwhile in my opinion. FBI has ~130 enemies, Stonekeep has ~140
    2. Scale the number of keys dropped by sentinels by how many kills needed to have the sentinel spawn. 150 kills on painful = 1 key, 300 kills on painful = 2 keys, 225 kills on painful = 50% chance 1 key and 50% chance 2 keys (my least favorite solution, but easiest to implement)
    3. Have multiple sentinels for larger maps. <200 enemies = 1 sentinel, 200-300 enemies = 2 sentinels, >300 enemies = 3 sentinels
    I am pretty sure this is the 10 thousandth thread. :D

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Bubble, ΣMiwel, Zoltan and 1 other person like this.
  2. heror

heror Forum Baron

As somebody who plays exclusively scaling dungeons i agree and i think that there should be set amount of minibosses on the map which guarantee pink items and have set locations like in PWs

ΣMiwel likes this.
  3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

This is my favourite solution. Every sentinel is a mob that already exists in game graphic-wise, so no new skins are in fact required. It seems the Art Department often has nothing to do anyways... they could think of something. It really isn't a harder solution to implement and it would make all the Scaling Normal Dungeons worth farming.

Bubble likes this.
  4. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

yes, sounds great.