Invasion of Kingshill [Feedback]

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Biztart, Mar 3, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

What did you think of the event?

1. Event Length was ok

52 vote(s)
    57.8%
  2. Event Length was too short

9 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. I liked the event awards

29 vote(s)
    32.2%
  4. I did not find the event rewards motivating

39 vote(s)
    43.3%
  5. I enjoyed the event

41 vote(s)
    45.6%
  6. I did not find the event enjoyable

23 vote(s)
    25.6%
  7. I liked the event pricing (shop)

8 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. I disliked the event pricing (shop)

27 vote(s)
    30.0%
  9. I found the event playable in difficulty

44 vote(s)
    48.9%
  10. The event was too difficult

13 vote(s)
    14.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Sorry Biz, hate to be the barer of bad news but, this issue was reported on Test Server directly to 2 DEV/ADMIN by me and was screamed about in world chat on TS while devs and admins were around on several occasions. This was a known issue before this was released.

2. Biztart

Biztart Exceptional Talent

At this time, we don't have an official release information, but it should be soon (likely mid-day tomorrow).

nanc likes this.
  3. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

I did not see anywhere on the Hotfix patch notes that the length of the Event had been stretched out, to allow those who were denied access, the same amount of playable time to progress/finish event.

Guitarman and nanc like this.
  4. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

This is a good point. I know of someone who failed the 4th defense on purpose, to get kills, only to find himself back at the 1st defense stage. This is not the way that section of the notes says it should happen.

5. Spotty

Spotty Forum Greenhorn

This event was excellent till the hot fix, now it's been ruined by having to start right back at the beginning if you fail to defend one npc. Starting to think this games problems are nothing compared to the solutions. Nerfed event.

6. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

Awesome event!
    - quest for equipment chest for legendary shield
    - it was possible for players to finish the event, despite having to work
    - awesome map, the hand coming out of the church really did it!
    - possibility to get help from "NPC's" from the banners (mage, ranger, DK)
    - 2 different map types

Dislikes:
    - No trophies dropping inside the event map (I would ve liked to actually spent more time in the event map instead of farming outside).
    - Mage from the banner was totally useless. I have only seen it use ice missiles, nothing else. And most of the time they where out of reach of monsters.
    - Map and quests where bugged rather often. First time i entered the map i ended up in the map with heredur. Two times a group of 2 players came in that map, while they weren't in a group with me. They killed heredur so i couldnt finish the quest there.
    - In the map with the defend quests, when doing the quest for the second time and beyond while playing in a group: it happened rather often that 3 or 4 of us accepted the quest, someone activated it before the last player could accept it. Because of this we often had to do the first defence 2 or even 3 times before moving on to Fidelis.
    - It happened often that I accepted the defend quest, succeeded in defending the NPC with the group, but only for me it didnt count, so we had to do it all over again. It happened also that with a group of 5, we all accepted the quest, we succeeded in defending all the NPC's, but for one player defending the chancelor and Robert Rampage didnt count, so we had to do them again.

Improve:
    - Let trophies drop inside the event map so we can spent more time playing the actual event instead of farming outside.
    - Let the attack speed of NPC's from banners be equal to that of the player activating it. Right now it was like 0.5 attacks/second or less.
    - Place an NPC at the entrance of the map, telling you to defend the other NPC's. This will prevent groups from having to defend the same NPC several times in the same map.

Guess that's it. I notice the likes part is smaller then the dislikes, but overall i liked the event very much and enjoyed it a lot.

jthames likes this.
  7. Rheagarr

Rheagarr Forum Greenhorn

the event is ok ,the downside is the event map mobs dont give any drops

8. Sewyew

Sewyew Someday Author

utterly boring event! No good rewards except for the drakens. even that is pointless considering what the gnob sells. as for the progress much easier than before and a good chance for lower lvl to complete event so that's a plus. BUt for end game players it's a total waste of good boss hunting or pvp time...lol
    The last good usable unique that came out in this game is probably roshans/yachak/keen. the rest don't even better a bad legendary item

9. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Is there a going to be a way for new characters to pick up the earlier items in the set? I'm trying to decide if its worth it to invest in this event for my second character if I missed the belt...

10. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

This event was certainly a lot more doable compared to its predecessor of defending Werian. That said, the main reason why this event was doable for me were the alternative methods of obtaining merits, rather than actually defending NPCs.

There's only one thing I'd like to ask though--are the level 45 boxes for the shields going to stay that way? I seem to have accumulated 3 of these things somehow, and prefer to keep to my own pace of slow leveling, so I won't be able to use these for a long time to come. >.<

11. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

The multiple ways to complete the event was confusing, but it sure got boosted our guild chat use. Maybe that contributed to the high number of disconnects and lag problems.

The gold drops in the rebuild quest may have been a designer glitch, but so many people enjoyed the event because of it. I've never seen so many smiles and event completions! Chat has been so mellow ever since. Maybe wealth can buy happiness! At least it makes the moment more enjoyable, and people play more often.

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I have been farming shields and I have managed to get more than 10 of them. This is the best that I could get:

Robert Rampage's Buckler

[​IMG]

sper009 and ZmajodBosne like this.
  13. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

Seems pretty good actually. May not be perfect, but it's better then what i have. So grats, if this is better then what you had before, otherwise, grats with the 60k GoPs.

14. sper009

sper009 Padavan

That's a pretty decent shield there :). I enjoyed this event and was glad I could help out those that needed it. Just wish there were some better event rewards.

15. SillySword

SillySword Regular

I just finish my level 45 DK's event. The idea of defending NPC is good but I don't like the performance of foes attacking. Ranged player can find a good position to attack or stun two groups of foes from different direction and shoot those running foes from their back. But DK can't do this way, especially those breaking through DK's defending line and running to NPC. This's my personal opinion.

In the "For Kingshill" map, the way of taking and starting defending quest needs to change. If someone presses start too fast, defending group must do the quest twice.

In the "Last Hope" map, it's so lag in arena where King Heredur is.

One of the piglets is not reachable. It is above an amphorae near the entrance of arena.

It will get nothing if player forgets to take "Rebuilding" quest from Pip and opens Kobold barrel with Kobold Staff.

Anyway, my thanks to DSO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.