Is Bouncing Blade worth it?

Discussion in 'Questions about Getting Started in the Game' started by nicolceahoria282001, Aug 6, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. nicolceahoria282001

nicolceahoria282001 Forum Greenhorn

Yo pros,I am a noob Ranger and I don't know what to do with draken.Is bouncing Blade good?If not,what runes should I get?

2. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

Buy all the HP runes you can get or the Resistances ones, don't waste your draken on that bow, unless you really feel the need to buy it for aesthetics purposes.

Akageshi likes this.
  3. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

if it was available at a higher tier, I would think about it, but at t0 I would not buy it. it was a fun bow to use, though, on my ts ranger at level 50 when all the weapons were handed out.

4. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

And do not buy the runes of vigor, for the love of Agathon. They boost damage on this item which would be amazing on a weapon, but it makes no difference on helmets and necklaces.

5. nicolceahoria282001

nicolceahoria282001 Forum Greenhorn

So no vigor or crit runes? Edit:I'm level 42

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  6. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

I use the bouncing blade . Took a ton of augment cores to get it to t8, and I did it when you had to buy augment cores from gnob with draken. I enjoy playing it, you can actually play like a ranger was intended mele and range attack. Instead of just running around with a Hearld bow spaming everything with EA.

Oh if you are a novice player and only play an hour or two a day don't bother. It takes a lot of time and effort to get it to t8 and use it effectively. Also if you use Dragan gear like every other ranger don't bother. Dragan gear for two hand set up.

7. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Yeah, bouncing blade ranger is a fun playstyle. But too expensive....

That said, i might buy it on test server now that i am level 55 there to see if it is still fun at level 55 pws. Especially since I have a 3x dam/1x speed legendary bow that i could use for crafting.

Edit: and of course, a bouncing blade ranger is extremely vulnerable to lag induced deaths. You think you're dancing, but the server just keeps you in one spot just sucking damage. If you have a lot of lag or rubber banding, bouncing blade is not a good build.