Feedback January 2021: Events feedback

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Anyki, Jan 5, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You are asking 100 million dollar questions.
    Mods are just like you and me ... they are players and their voice is not being heard nor counted. Everything you read in the announcements "our mods this ... our mods that" is a just a BS.
    I will answer your question instead of the mods.
    1. mod's duty is to moderate the forum and force the forum rules. the reporting thing is just an extra.
    They are here to help you ... and they will help you IF they can. They DO report bugs and trust me they are the first ones who find out the bugs and have a knowledge of almost all of the bugs. Hitting on them without reason is not productive ... trust me they feel more annoyed than you do when they get no answer from the game team and they can't answer your questions. They can answer your question ONLY if told to do so.
    2. You know I have said many times on this forum ... I have been in touch with many people in BP ... from QA to management and production and beyond. I have reported countless bugs and it usually it gets down to:
    a. those who need to confirm and those who need to fix the bug can't reproduce it
    b. if all good and the bug has been reproduced ... it takes time to get fixed
    c. if fixed ... you can't just start a hotfix for a single bug
    d. even if they have a long list of bugs and they have already fixed them all ... that doesn't mean there will be hotfix ... because these things are not up to them to decide ... it is someone on the upper scale who is calling the shots
    e. the most annoying one ... their priorities and players' priorities are not the same and the mods are players
    As you can see none of those ^ above is related to mods ... no need to be mad at them for something they have no power to decide upon or provide you answer of something even they themselves don't know.

But if you take a look on the past ... that is all we are always doing.
    If not for the workarounds the obstacle to continue playing the game is huge and and many players have left the game just because they couldn't find the right answer or they had not known there is a workaround.
    The list of the people is long and it just shows up the main reason players are leaving the game ... especially new players.

as for this part in particular:
    knowledge is power
    know the rules and use the loopholes :p
    not a single law is perfect

On another topic - on topic:
    Someone on the Wiki told me the Gnob's Items (Unique items from Gnob's shop) are dropping from the mobs on Moon event maps. I couldn't confirm because I was not playing much and I was not playing a single event.
    Yesterday I have tried the moon event and I can confirm they do drop.
    I have only got the weapon
    [​IMG]
    but the offhand is dropping too ... and the Dragonsilver items as well
    So far only Dark set items have not dropped.

silverseas likes this.
  2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

Do they drop frequently?

3. brayan1994

brayan1994 Forum Apprentice

Count 20 out of 20 babies machines the mission but they won't let me deliver it, will I have to cancel and start over?

4. CH1976

CH1976 Forum Apprentice

Think that before I did the event every month with the 4 characters. Since they put in the expansion I didn't even start it with any. They killed the game, almost nobody is playing anymore and that is thanks to you ... The only good thing is that I have seen and tried the number of games much better than the draken, there are.

5. EmilyRose

EmilyRose Forum Commissioner

Now the Riot of the Rocketmen event is perfect :)
    If you up date all the events in the same way you will give more fun and less stress to your players ;)

gbit and ViktorG75 like this.
  6. Nalucitura

Nalucitura Forum Apprentice

This^. Seriously, this daily quest for the rocketman event is like a revelation to me. If this concept is implemented on every DSO event I think it's a win/win. Think about it: no more grinding! And EVERY player has a fair chance to finish the event, and by every player I mean players that don't spend 6 hours a day or more playing, people with jobs etc.

In all the chaos and disaster of the CE, this hotfix is a thumbs up for me, as I can see that good ideeas can still be found.

EmilyRose likes this.
  7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yes it is perfect ... you come once a day you finish the quest and you log off :)
    It depends what is your definition of "frequently" ... I have only got 2 drops while other players might got more ore less.
    On another point of view these event and shop items just show up how wrong and how unplanned this new game is.
    Inability to upgrade the items at max level makes 95% of game's items inferior and not wanted by the players.

Oh and this "hotfix" broke even those things that were actually working ... like some DQs in example. They are no longer working.

ргцт and sargon234 like this.
  8. EmilyRose

oh no ...I smile
    all you need is to think positive sometime ;)
    [​IMG]

gbit likes this.
  9. sargon234

Good news, they break the game even more with each hotfix, great.

Well, it's not like it was any different with level 55, you had the majority of sets that were useless.

at least if darkness set is able to be dropped, then it would be worthwile.
    Although the drop rate should be increased massively, like 500% at minimum, because as it stands, this drop rate of uniques or set items is unacceptable, considering the difficulty.

CH1976 likes this.
  10. mestamer67

mestamer67 Padavan

As is written under your posts, try to get back to real life quickly, before it's too late but I say it for you.

ргцт and DBS-Flamelurker like this.
  11. DBS-Flamelurker

DBS-Flamelurker Exceptional Talent

Traki, do you know why it's "perfect"? Less time spent playing the event = more fun :D The fun part of events is getting rewards, not playing them.

Sounds more like a problem, lol But... I understand that I have a strange concept of fun.

sargon234 likes this.
  12. tiki

tiki Forum Apprentice

I think this concept will not be implemented in future events.
    This is a crutch in case of a too mutilated event.
    It is no secret for many players that there was a bug at the event that allows you to quickly and easily close progress on a high level of difficulty. It was so common that the Kingshill chat said, "Gathering a group for an event, bug." A friend said that almost the entire guild ended the event with this bug. And this is a very large active guild) Can you imagine the scale of the incident?

It's not a secret for anyone that after the update there was some outflow of players.
    In these conditions, a situation arises when it is impossible to punish a large number of bug users. The only way not to create a wave of outrage is to allow those who honestly tried to end the event to do so as easily as those who took advantage of the mistake did.
    And this is a good way out of this situation.
    So, the reason is not that they decided to simplify the passage of events for the convenience of the players.
    And not even in a battered quest that was not repaired in time)
    Do not hope for a change in the concept of events.
    Everything will be the same, because the raincoats must be sold.

13. EmilyRose

you should know that there is an invisible line between the person and the monitor that must not be crossed.
    my real life is my problem not yours ;)
    [​IMG]

gbit and tiki like this.
  14. sargon234

Maybe if they didn't put the bug in and if they didn't make it impossible to complete the event nobody would abuse that bug.

And since they are actively trying to screw the players and bragging about it, i made the decision not to do anything about those abusing the bugs, if i ever knew a bug i would never report it again.

Because they only care about the bugs that damage their bottom line, but they don't care about the bugs that screw the players over, nor they do care about a gameplay that punishes people for PLAYING.

ргцт likes this.
  15. n1cky

n1cky Exceptional Talent

16. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

On the New Year's / Riot of the Rocketman event, I'm just playing the daily quest. Been going ok, until one run each yesterday and today (so far) when the game prematurely called the battle over before I'd killed all 4 Machine Babies. I'm playing Painful with my mediocre main toon, but still am fast enough that I can kill the 4 Justice Grant-inators in the middle of the map in passing before enough bomb babies reach and destroy the crates; there are never two generators active at the same time.

Yesterday, the crate targeted by Machine Baby II was blown up, despite the fact that I'd already killed both Machine Baby II and Machine Baby III generators, but I was still able to finish killing the generators and get all the loot except for that one crate.

Just now, after I'd killed Machine Baby II generator and was on the way to attack the Machine Baby II generator, the crate targeted by Machine Baby III was blown up (even before the Machine Baby III generator was activated), and, unlike last night, both Machine Baby III and Machine Baby IV generators were gone, the the battle completely halted. I was able to get all the loot (the dump and the other 3 crates).

I'll still be able to finish the event, of course, but am interested in hearing from anyone else experiencing this strange behavior during a run in the laboratory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.