java script

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by cigarbennett, Mar 6, 2024.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Board Analyst

I have not played in the browser for 13 years. If you play the game in your browser and not thing client do you still have to use JavaScript?

2. ShadowExpress

ShadowExpress Forum Greenhorn

You can't play anymore on browser, you can play the game only with the Drakensang Online's client.

Have a nice day!

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Really?
    Who told you that?
    Take a look

[​IMG]

JavaScript is a Script Language .... you need 32bit Java Plugin for browser.

Javah likes this.
  4. CaballoLoco

CaballoLoco Active Author

I was trying to enter with the browser, and I was not successful. I tried with Chrome, Firefox and Opera.
    Would it be possible to access more precise information on how to do it?
    This considering my limited IQ (that's why I still play DSO....)

5. trakilaki

Like I said ...
    but NPAPI plugins are not supported by browsers anymore. The only browser running them is IE11.
    In order to run the Java Plugin for browser in other browsers you need to do a workaround.
    If you are using Windows 10/11 you only need Java plugin installed and you can run the game in IE11.
    If you are using Windows 7 or you want to use other browser than IE11 ... then follow my guide.

Javah likes this.
  6. Azides

Azides Forum Greenhorn

I followed the instructions and its working, but.. Im getting errors "out of memory".
    How did you managed to avoid this and be able to actually play the game?
    I can move a bit in a city before i get the error and thats all. Any solution? Many thanks

7. trakilaki

Memory leaking has always been issue in the game. There is only one solution ...
    ... avoid Kingshill !
    Kingshill is the black hole in DSO ... it is most broken and overcrowded place in the game.
    I am always visiting smaller urban places and the game is running without a error for hours.
    You will eventually get an error but it is not a big deal since you can reload the game. If it happens during farming and you are farming in group ... other players should not be close to your point. If they are close there is a possibility of you returning to town after reloading the game ... otherwise you will always resurface and continue playing at the place you were at when the game broke.

Alpaca likes this.