Jesters need to be reworked

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by fourtwenty68, Mar 24, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonynoob

anonynoob Forum Apprentice

I saw someone winning clover with 1 gold, sames goes for me with 5 gold.
    I'll tell people who are curious about heavy gambling.

I used 240 000 andermants for :

- 240 000+ blue essences ( 72 000 andermants )
    - 100 000+ violet essences ( 60 000 andermants)
    - 40 000+ red essences ( 48 000 andermants)
    - 150 bombs ( old price 200 x 150 = 30 000 andermants)
    - 540 life potions (38 880 andermants )
    - 330 soul stones ( 13 200 andermants)
    - 6.5% attack speed + 3 x 5% attack speed (38 400 andermants)
    - 15 damage x4 + 1 x 10 damage ( tons of rubis combined) (83 200 andermants)
    - 6700 gold
    - 2900 lock picks ( 116 000 andermants)
    - 20 000 andermants of random small gems
    - 1 x 20% armor
    - 9 x clovers

From my own experience, never spam gamble huge amount of gold or andermants in a row, there are "times" even if you gambled 30 000+ you'll get only thrash.
    My best advice would be to gamble a little every hour and at the same time when many people are gambling on the same jester.

If someone wants to do the maths , I'm curious about the "value" of all what I got.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    awaroa likes this.
  2. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

Value in what?

3. thedarkestlight

thedarkestlight Advanced

@_Baragain_ relieve us:p

_Baragain_ likes this.
  4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Lol. I'm mobile at the moment. In the middle of a 10 hour drive for a business trip. I'll look at the math when I get to the hotel. It is the first time I've seen that detailed of information about gambling and more I'm curious if he "broke even." Any suggestion as to how I handle the clovers and the special gem? Those are the only things with no direct corollary to a DSO currency. Also, I'm assuming that any ander received was gambled back and that there were no andermant chests with the chance at the 1M.

5. gudespyd

gudespyd Forum Greenhorn

The value of the 240 00 andermamts gaming.

- 240 000 blue essences is worth 72 072 andermants
    - 100 000 violet essences is worth 60 060 andermants
    - 40 000 red essences is worth 48 048 andermants
    - 150 bombs is worth 30 000 andermants
    - 540 life potions is worth 38 880 andermants
    - 330 soul stones is worth 13 200 andermants
    - 1 x 6.5% attack speed + 3 x 5% attack speed gems is worth 38 400 andermants
    - 15 damage x4 + 1 x 10 damage is worth 83 200 andermants
    - 2900 lock picks is worth 116 000 andermants
    - 20 000 andermants of random small gems is worth 20 000 andermants

This give a total of 519 860 andermants
    If all the stuff was bought on a - 25% sale will have costed 389 895 andermants.
    The gold, the 20% armor gem and the 9 clovers can not be valued in andermands.

And for those who want to know how I did the math.
    - 999 blue ess cost 300 andermants 240 000 / 999 x 300 = 72 072
    - 999 violet ess cost 600 andermants 100 000 / 999 x 600 = 60 060
    - 999 red ess cost 1200 andermants 40 000 / 999 x 1200 = 48 048
    - 1 bomb costed 200 andermants back when you could buy it 200 x 150 = 30 000
    - 10 life potions cost 720 andermants 540 / 10 x 720 = 38 880
    - 1 soul stone is cost 40 andermants 330 x 40 = 13 200
    - 1 x 6,5% attack speed gem is made by 3 x 5% attack speed gems
    - 1 x 6.5% attack speed + 3 x 5% attack speed gems = 6 x 5 attack speed gems
    - 1 speed gem is cost 6400 andermants 6 x 6 400 = 38 400
    - 1 x 15 damage gem is made by 3x 10 damage gems
    - 4 x 15 damage gems + 1 x 10 damage gem = 13 x 10 damage gems
    - 1 damage gem is cost 6400 andermants 13 x 6 400 = 83200
    - 1000 lock picks cost 4000 andermants 20 000 / 1000 x 4000 = 116 000
    - 20 000 andermants of random small gems must be worth 20 000 andermants

awaroa and _Baragain_ like this.
  6. Morinphen

That means anonynoob's bet was way worth it! 240k for a ~520k turnout :eek:.

7. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Its worth it if you would have bought the ess and pots. But it is possible to play the game with only farmed ess and pots and only buy gems at 25% off. In that case, it is better to avoid gambling anders, and just gamble excess gold while buying gems with anders.

Darwarren and -DeathsRevenge- like this.
  8. Morinphen

True that. It's what I'm doing. Wasted about 20 gold at them once, and since then, most likely never again :D.

Darwarren likes this.
  9. .krom70.

.krom70. Active Author

see what I mean ya cant ask simple qestions and ask why things are soo high in game expense..like all they wanna do is sound better and call ya down say that child stuff unreal I wont tell ya what I got ..but worse than that.its why I log on to read others asee a rampant texting from dso and that of....you don't know what your doing...when 99999999999 players are telling them,..they don't know what ya doing..what a fun world hahahaha

10. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

I tried the Jester in Kingshill once, didn't work... lol totally broke for me, i was meant to get essences, didn't get anyhting lol.

11. Morinphen

Which is why they're usually a bad idea :D. Only gamble if you can spare what you're throwing in.

12. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

I threw in 3 times because i was curious, waste of adermant lol each time i won somthing but i never got it, it's broke that's why nobody gets anything, completely broken.

13. _Baragain_

Never won something and not gotten it. That sounds like user error. If this is indeed true, take a screenshot of your inventory before and after along with your ander and the prizes awarded (seen as the highlighted items on the right of jester interface), and I'm sure Support would love to compensate you.

14. XenaGirl90

XenaGirl90 Advanced

it's cool. i don't see the point of them anyways, you can get good ess of combat drops from Torstrond or wilderz caverns and you get ess of war from event packs or bonus codes :p i always save my ess of war for the big bosses.

15. Morinphen

In as few words as possible, the Jesters are only worth it if you get jackpot-prizes. Just like any other type of gamble.

16. Nasabot

Nasabot Forum Greenhorn

The 240k andermant statistic is very interesting, but to me it shows, that its not worth gambling with andermant. As somebody else already said: there are a lot of drops which can be found and nobody in the right mind would buy it with andermant^^
    540 Health potions are not worth 38880 andermant, but 0(at least for me) or maybe if id need them and there is actually a use for them: worth something like 5400 maybe.

I dont understand the logic of some people who say that as long as you dont use all your gold at once, its fine. Only the exspected payout should influence your decision. If chances are high to win something useful and represents an appropriate value, it is still a good idea to go from 1000->0 gold
    With the logic of gold preservation you could also argue that even if you have a 100% chance to lose, its fine as long as you dont go under a certain gold threshhold ;)
    You have to consider, that gold can also be used for crafting: Spending gold on crafting -> iterates your equipment and a slightly better rolled legendary may easily be "worth" several thousands of andermant in gem aequivalent.
    So gambling and crafting(which is actually very similar) are in a direct competition.

For me the only reason to gamble with gold is to get the clover and the possible andermant payout which is probably very small and not worth it, but I dont know.

When I read that somebody got "only" 9 glover while spending 240k andermant, its completly unrealistic to get those interesting gamble items with 1-5 gold, better not even try.

Why should anybody trade useful gold(= legendary items, even if the price is too high) for items, which can be substituted with a little bit of farming and accumulate passivly?
    And as the 240k andermant statistic shows: spending andermant is also not a good idea, because you get useless items which are not worth the andermant.
    Maybe the problem is also, that a lot of items you can buy with andermant only, are not worth the asked price? Why would you pay 80 andermant for a potion? This is worth 2+ gems. You dont need potions if you play "normal" and if you die, you only lose a little bit of time and gold.

However, to be fair: Id pay at least ~170k andermant for the 240k statistic items and I am probably underrating it. So it could actually be worth it. But another note: We do not know if the person with the 240k andermant statistic was lucky or unlucky... maybe he was super lucky and got 9 clover, while normal luck would give only 3 clover? (ofc can also be the other way round)

PS.: I forgot to consider the gold and the 20% gem in the 240k andermant statistic, so actually gambling with andermant is not so bad.
    Its like:
    you pay 240k andermant
    -you get useful stuff worth ~240k andermant
    -you get useless stuff worth ~240k andermant
    -you cannot chose your useful stuff(which is a big downside)

seems balanced :D

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  17. anonynoob

anonynoob Forum Apprentice

My objective is to get 5 gems 30% armor before 2017; I take my time xD

[​IMG]

18. Knightofyourlife

Knightofyourlife Someday Author

I have had some big wins from the clowns in the last few weeks, from the smallest bet's.
    I gave the 1 gold a try and 100 times and won 1000 gold,
    I then won Radiant gem from a 5 gold bet.

I have spent the 1000 gold crafting.

Just go's to show you invent what you need and abuse what your given.

19. 9ndrei

9ndrei Forum Expert

Adding stacks of GoP would also be awesome. x50, x100, x1k, x10k, jackpot x100k

20. _Baragain_

Meh, a true jackpot would be 1M or 5M glyphs. Or maybe make it level dependent because for a LVL 45, 100K is a drop in the bucket that I can farm in less than 1.5 hours. Compare that to a jackpot of 1M Andermant which would take me months to farm and you can see how subjective that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.