Jewels Drops CHANCE % ???!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ГорскиДени, Oct 19, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. ГорскиДени

ГорскиДени Forum Greenhorn

I wanna show something to people, devs and whoever is in charge of this game's improvements. It will be just basic math about jewel drops.

If you do PW merciless run with all 3 maps you get to open a chest called PW chest. This chest contains some items but lets focus on our subject the jewels. Because you are doing merciless, you have %0.5 chance to get a jewel from that chest, but if you are looking for specific jewel let's say Jewel of Rage, things become more difficult. Those chests can drop 5 different jewels and if we assume they have same drop percentage (which i don't think so) you have %20 to get your dream jewel. If you divide 0.5 by 5 (because you have %20 drop rate) you will have %0.1 chance to drop your dream jewel. If you open a case in the game called CS:GO you have %0.3 chance to get a rare item (knife or gloves) and the cheapest one of that rare items is $50, some of them worth 10s of thousands dollars.

So i suggest to devs, please be reasonable about your game. This game doesn't even have open market trading which means no-one can sell that %0.1 jewel. I have done 700 PW merciless runs and 300 PW bloodshed runs and got 2 jewel. They were both Thundering Flower Jewel. Make those jewel achievable for people who spend time on them. Thanks.

2. ManaThief

ManaThief Advanced

Where did you get that from?

The probability distribution is almost never uniform, if rng is involved the rare stuff is virtually impossible to get.

It is easier to get them from events rather than grinding pws.

CHAS3R likes this.
  3. RantNRave

RantNRave Someday Author

Pretty sure thats a no go, that would cut into their gamble bag profit scheme for focus gems and other goodies that dont drop.

your own drops your running 0.2% or 0.04% specific drop chance, assuming its evenly distrbuted between focus, relentless, fiery/thundering, rage, amplified healing jewel. I'm not doing much better with 3/925 or so, 1 rage, 2 fiery, and the rage dropped in my first 10 pw merc runs, dumb luck. Though rng is just that, random.. id say 0.5% is too high for *most*, id say its far far less.

I agree with mana that the jewels in PW are easier to obtain elsewhere, except for 5 focus (stellar gold, gamble bags), and class jewel.
    Rage drops in riot of the rocketmen** progress, amplified is in anniversiary, relentless were common drops in dtu sub zone chest, and were top reward for big game hunt (hasn't been rerun in awhile though, monster hunt seems to have replaced it). Old dso players have most already at cap.

While most would like to see improvements in jewel drop rates in PW, specifically focus jewels for mythic sets etc, ill agree that it shouldn't be easy to become a 0s cooldown toon overnight nor is it right to farm up to 12500 pw chests if your luck is sour (1/500 /5 different types), given this many runs could easily cap gems with cubes/gem+ and ruin your gameplay.

Trust me when i say this isn't unique to you, the developers idea of balanced is nowhere close to the reality which is fair and fun, to keep you playing longer, and pushing people to be whale$ for their revenue. (aka dust, pw jewel, jewel chests, new jewels, anni weapon, sargon necklace/steamcores).
    Whats sad is the deliberate implementation of it (nerfed gem drops, increased gold costs, reduced drops, reduced wisdom), greed to sell growth instead of balance it, and subsequent player attrition due to unbalanced gameplay or lack there of.

Take your time, you never know if a free gamble bag, new event, new jewels might get placed in pw (teased new jewels in Q&A) or alterations to current builds/stuff. They have to add new things eventually right? lol

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    CHAS3R likes this.
  4. Archane

Archane Forum Apprentice

“Because you are doing merciless, you have %0.5 chance to get a jewel from that chest”

This may not be anywhere near the truth, we don’t know and may never know because developers won’t release this information.