Latest adjustments for the Ranger on R169

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ULTRAPEINLICH, Jul 7, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draco994

draco994 Active Author

The most crazy thing on RA is the scatter shot killing 8k hp sws with just one scatter shot.. crit on scatter shot is insane and the not near EA explosion that takes 2k hp even without being near with me having 48% resistance. instead of nerfing EA, look at the 2h skills and the new introduced items and how it works with quiver. massive damage in pvp. but when u look upon RA on pve, no one wants it. due to low damage output on each strike, further concentration limitation makes it vulnerable and heavy use of essence. each green arrow takes essence and without that the damage is less on precision. so the basic idea of nerfing of that will further affect the ranger in pvp more and no much balancing in pvp but. while the sw is seriously slow on ice sphere, and fire ball dont have the scope of a EA to near by units or not buring effect on near by missing, it is unbalanced, while ranger dont have mass damage out put thing like destruction beam, they are again in unbalanced category. so by saying balancing the bp r.169 will fail thoroughly creating a chaos to rangers in pve but a chaos to all others in pvp.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

It is not a buff the damage is exactly the same ... the only difference now it is more suitable to noobs instead of knowledgeable players.

_Baragain_ and Zed like this.
  3. ehrence8191

ehrence8191 Forum Apprentice

They should just stop putting so much attention to rangers cause all they do is nerf the damn class. There are other classes (ehem.. dk) who actually need some serious nerfing. With the rate their going, why not remove or delete the damn class altogether. :mad: It just frustrating to think that they nerf so much an already less fortunate class. Rangers are not even the one who is unbalancing the pvp system.

4. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

where is the buff? .. it has same overall damage as before.

there are no 2handed bows, all bows are one handed (technically all bows are 2 handed as it takes two hands to use a bow XD, unlike a gun or an axe or a wand )

5. VoulaAek1

VoulaAek1 Forum Connoisseur

Well i am a sw and i believe that dwarfs and dks are the most coveted players in pve.It's true that rangers are not prefered for farm in q.I don't think that this fact is the consequense of minimum damage that a ranger provokes to a monster.Instead, i believe that a ranger lacks of useful skills which will help the entire team to kill easier a monster.Thats why he is so unwanted.His skills cause enough damage.In order to balance the characters, they must add to rangers, something that will heal all the members of a team or will break the armor to many monsters or something that attracts the monsters so as not kill the team, like the guard of spellweaver.A combination of these changes will make the rangers coveted again.

6. Hyean

Hyean Forum Apprentice

I don't believe BP will change or add a new skill. It'll be too complicated to them. But let rangers has variety of useless skills, eg. dance with blades (I don't remember its name). Rangers' skills are linear, actually they can't use constantly anything that would affect even small area in "horizontal" way. R169 was pretended. Actually no change has happened. I'm afraid that BP thinks rangers could be "repaired" by small changes in details and doesn't understand that the skills are our true problem.

7. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

lol no ^^

Troneck86 likes this.
  8. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

You mean "Blade Dance" ? :eek:

9. Hyean

Hyean Forum Apprentice

Yap. I use it only in PvP mode fighting with knights, only to fool them. It never seems useful in PvE mode for me, especially when it comes to farming PW. Or do I do something wrong?

10. David_Tactic

David_Tactic Someday Author

1. You mark all monsters by doing it 1 time into a large group mobs.
    2. If you have high crit do all upgrades on it otherways only the 1st 2, you can get 15+ sec away from couldowns.
    3. Go back to your group with jump or again Blade Dance, you've marked them all.
    4. Use your prec. shot to deal 1000+% of your base dam.
    5. Mission completed
    6. Wait until you have enough concentration to do it again (adrenaline)

Cheers

11. Hyean

Hyean Forum Apprentice

Well, I will try to make it, usually I mark mobs with a net. Well see if it's better option. Thanks for your help!

12. bezryl

bezryl Active Author

yall are saying rangers are soo weak in pve, ill agree they are some but not as much as you claim

i have played with quite a few rangers on my dwarf and it was great. The ones who use the armor break on explosive shot are really handy to have similar to the main reason mages get invites witch is singularity. The difference i noticed is mage singularity is most useful on miniboss where as ranger armor break is on the rest of the mobs, and they have no cooldown time, they can also send out their wolfs to distract mobs when needed

for some reason i see quite a few rangers choose not to use the armor break(they shouldnt have to to group)

i see alot saying a experianced ranger is just fine in pve and that i think is the problem, its harder for a ranger to get to that point compared to other class imo

maybe they could add some buffs to the wolf/wood wraith?

wolf could mark mobs they hit

could give wolf/wraith a taunt like spellweavers guardian

change hunting arrow to pierce through all mobs it hits? or pierce through 2 instead of 1 would help them with marking

and last wolfs/wraith need to have their health increased

13. fab

fab Advanced

This game is funny due to buff skills given to them and rangers wanted more damage.
    Simple scatter shot killing every sw in arena and this game is simply create by noob dev.
    Blade dancing everywhere without receiving much damage or escape some damage, adrenaline allows them to run away from singularity.

14. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Your dribble is tired. You're like the Spellweaver version of Bloodyneo. If rangers bother you so much, why not take a break from PvP?

EhtovK and _Baragain_ like this.
  15. _Baragain_

Or go make a RA so that we can have two Bloodyneos. :p

16. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

OMG.. not TWOOOOoooooo!!

_Baragain_ likes this.
  17. _Baragain_

But think of it this way... they'd be twice as easy to ignore or laugh at. :D

Dragonnns likes this.
  18. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

dont forget guys(DKS) u start baby crying...and because of you they buff u up and nerf all other characters

--MERGED--

yes because your armor doesnt work u die easy with sctterd shots..its your armor is been nerfd by developers not because the damage of the scaterd shots......ARMOR IS NERFD FOR RANGERS AND SW and its not reducing phisical damage
    its same when u have 4k armor like up to 9k armor with 2h weapon it has no difference in reducing phisical damage and i tested it

Last edited by moderator: Jul 23, 2016
  19. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

But of course... not many DK's can beat me up in PvP, even when I play with 6k hp and ~ 53-55% armor
    Same for rangers, I see many good tactics vs DK's there and if you just don't have the skills for it, well yeah...

Let me just post an example here of an OK gameplay with OP music :p (I think and hope it's allowed to post it)

There is simply 1 thing needed in PvP and that's the old 4sec stun immunity. Right now there is 1 OP thing in PvP: stuns
    If you can permanently stun your enemy, there's no way you could potentially lose.

But that aside, that's not my point...

Agree, that damage is OK and fine.
    However, I simply think the damage output in PvP with that Q4 bow (Bearach's Tormentor) is too high, surely when there aren't many ways to get rid of that bleeding effect.

I think rangers are fine and balanced in PvP. In PvE they need to be buffed, and not just a little bit. In boss maps without possibilities to make double-dmg with precision arrows, a ranger can't even compete with the damage output of another class.
    I don't play a ranger myself, but I can see that they're not very welcome in farming groups. At least that's what I notice and it's what my friends (rangers) often tell me.

In my opinion, rangers should be greatly buffed when it's about PvE, not only the Explosive Arrow should be taken a look at.

That's all for now, feel free to criticize my post in a gentle way. ;) I like to see different points of view.

Have a nice day

VoulaAek1, _Baragain_ and trakilaki like this.
  20. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

[​IMG]

Dylannn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.