Latest adjustments for the Ranger on R169

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ULTRAPEINLICH, Jul 7, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

You should check your show your stats forum because recently someone posted there a really OP Ranger so Im pretty sure RA arent weak as said.

2. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

lol this ranger will die 1 hit from op dk....i know your stratigy to shut up all complaining rangers to defend the op dks in pvp included yourself

3. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

lol it's a pve build... are you playing dumb or what ? you first talk about ra weakness in pve, then op dks in pve (lel), then op sms in pve, then ra weakness in pve... i know your subject-changing stratigy too xd

_Baragain_ likes this.
  4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That is because when he runs out of arguments that have been disproved, he deflects.

5. Wllf

Wllf Advanced

Arguments!? Where? :confused:

Zed likes this.
  6. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

its not an argument ...its a fact that DKS is op character and even developers cannot deny it

7. _Baragain_

*Sigh* So, when faced with evidence to the contrary and arguments FROM RANGERS that this is not the case, you still insist on holding to your poorly formed opinion. How you even have the IQ to figure out the log in process for the game is a mystery to me.

The answer me an even bigger mystery... Why does everyone on the English forums (or at least 99%) think that you are a total joke with only one song stuck on repeat? Everyone else seems to know that RAs are very competitive in PvP and are on par with any other class (when build and played right), and the biggest issue in PvE is the essence imbalance. You are the only one who is still going on about "NERF THE DK!!! RANGERS MUST BE GOD!!!!"

Seriously, if DKs and SMs are sooooo OP, then do everyone a favor and retire your RA and play one of these "OP" characters so that we don't have to listing to your constant droning and prattling and let the adults have grown up conversations on the forums.

8. Wllf

Wllf Advanced

At least whine about something true... DKs overpowered? Huh? Since when? And what's this about developers denying? Did you even ASK?
    I wish he didn't. :rolleyes:

9. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

I'll tell you my experience:

At first week of february I (thanks god) won "some" ander at jesters (had 203 ander and bid as mistake 200 instead of 40, finding out with like 470k). So I bough some gems, bag slots, and some wisdom points.

So I started playing pw bosses with a dk. We player together (plus random players) for more than a week, doing like 30 boss kills per day (maybe he did more when I was off).

In the end, I found only a Predator and he finished most of the sets.

Now, when I'm against him in 5v5 I always run away (he play 1handed) because he kills everything and can't be killed. Sometimes he took back his team flag alone vs 4 players, killing them more and more times.

So, a well equipped and skilled 1h DK, is stronger than any other class well equipped and skilled as well.

With that i don't want to say that Bloodyneo is right, it's just a statement. Killing 40 player with 1 death it's a sort of proof. Of course not all dks can be that strong, and that's the reason why it's wrong to say "dks are op class".
    By the way, it's similiar uncorrect to tell us something like "problems for pve rangers are essences cost and skills".

The problem is the other players who know rangers are limited on damage against bosses, but not so much. So, considering that they want to do and have everything fast and easy, they don't invite rangers and look for a class that can make them play faster.

10. _Baragain_

And there are equally talented Rangers. Nothing annoys me more in 1v1 than a shield RA who just runs and blade dances all over the place and uses EA when I'm trying to catch up. There are good RAs and good DKs and a good one will always beat an OK one.

UndergroundKiller likes this.
  11. joe6699

joe6699 Junior Expert

I disagree with the statement that rangers can solo bosses just like other classes can...Show me a proof that a ranger can solo mortis lvl 3 like dk's do!!

12. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Not every character type is ideal for every boss. My dwarf slaughters heredur lvl3 with ease with greens or blues but cannot handle mortis level 1 at all; My dk can handle mortis at level 1 but struggles agaist heredur level 3 unless using reds.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  13. _Baragain_

Also, the only reason that DKs can do Mortis III is because we have HP Regan, and if you suggest that DKs should have that taken away, then almost no medium strength team could do tough bosses. Regen is a key part of being a DK, and having it doesn't make them OP. It makes them usable. Also, Nova hit it on the head and different classes have easier or harder times with some bosses, and I'd wager that a good RA could solo all the PW bosses except Khalys or Mortis.
    On that topic, the toughest boss for me to solo on fatal (not counting Khalys) is actually Bearach. His hits hurt like crazy and it isn't as easy to time as Heredur/Grimmag/Arachna. That being said, a RA that never sits still and doesn't actually take any hits would probably have an easier time against Bearach than I do.

14. UndergroundKiller

UndergroundKiller Forum Expert

Yesterday I did solo Heredur mode 3 with my ranger. I used blue ess and I did it in like 10 minutes. Considering that he summoned lots and lots of skeleton archers, I runned most of the time to skip ice explosions, killed archers etc, the time spend on attacking Heredur, should be around 4 minutes...

That said, my ranger is not so good (3285 dmg, 60.3% crit rate and x2.80 crit dmg).

Also I tried Bearach mode 2 and it was harder than Heredur mode 3 to kill 'cause of all the "blade dance" he do and because there wasn't the skull mark on minimap so i had to pay more attentio when he disappeared from my sight

15. Ioedavide

Ioedavide Forum Apprentice

The real problem of ranger isn't damage: the important pw bosses (grimmag, Heredur and bearach) maps are plenty of spots for double damages... A good ranger with a good tank can easily deal 70k damages each precise shot with blue essences, which is not bad at all.

The real ranger problem for soloing is essences consumption, as I said before: a Mage, War or dwarf can defeat grimmag (which is the easiest to solo) with half the essences of a ranger (I'm talking for endgame char, not people still in need to grow stats a lot): it's ridiculous that Precise shot costs 4 essences and need a mark to be effective (so basically 5 ess every 3 or 4 shots) and ice sphere at the same cost deals a tons of more damages.

That's the real unfair thing, and the armor break of all classes except Mage lasting less than two sec on mini bosses in pw, but that's secondary, if the essence cost of precise shot would drop to 3 ranger will be competitive as other classes in soloing bosses; in group with skilled tanks they are already as good as all the others.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  16. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

The range of the 2 attacks is the key. We take a looooooot more risks if we decide to attack bosses from a small distance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.