Laugh emote should be removed from the game

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by cdeepal, Jun 24, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow-whisper

shadow-whisper Forum Mogul

Just keep it fun and don´t take it very seriously. I´m loving all of the emotes and I don´t see a reason why should it be removed nor why should they not be available to use in PvP. It´s a nice touch.

2. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

so its 'funny' if one 'dances' on your dead body in pvp but 'abusive' if they laugh?

maybe we should have a 'Crying' Emote :(
    imagine if we had a 'fart' emote haha :D

3. ScientiaPotestasEst

ScientiaPotestasEst Someday Author

lol the emotes are great for provoking people in pvp. Laugh/dance on their corpse and they'll come back with buffs and hateful messages lol It is a childish thing to do and won't earn you any friends

4. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

I'm beginning to think you are distracted while you read because you are misconstruing my comments. I specifically mention boss kills not PVP. Pay attention or bow out of the conversation. I feel like I'm conversing with children.

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I think someone suggested a "T-Bag" emote in the past... would that be "funny" or "abusive?"

6. fourtwenty68

this is about emotes and trying to clarify different aspects of using these emotes,being appropriate or offensive.

the op says 'a fallen opponent' which would be pvp.

boss kills and laughing at your teammate,friend or guild member who just died trying to kill a boss would be another subject i think.
    i was only trying to stay with the OP.
    i will bow out of this convo,since i feel the way:D

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  7. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

If you don't see why people say it should be removed from at least PvP (the laugh one particularly, we're not talking about the rest), then go ahead and read most of this thread again :p.

Any form of mocking is "abusive", in the sense that it's not what the emotes were intended for, and if you like or do any of that, you're a disgrace of a person, to me at least. You're thinking so high of yourself because of how good you are in a virtual game? That's messed up. Plus, I haven't seen people actively using a dance emote upon winning in PvP in hopes of mocking the fallen opponent - but rather the laughing emote, which is why we're discussing its being so annoying. And anyway, no other emote can prove so childish and irking than the one in question in the said mocking cases. I mean, if a group of 5 starts dancing upon winning a 5v5, it's not offensive... they're happy they won. But in a Duel where you beat a weaker person in two strikes, then proceed to laugh your bottom off because of "how mightier you are"... that is offensive and low. Very low.

cdeepal and DesertKoala like this.
  8. shadow-whisper

shadow-whisper Forum Mogul

Well I was replying specialy to Szmaciak´s post above me.

Regarding the laugh emote - it can be offensive in many cases, yes, but only kids or silly people use it against weaker oponents or someone they accidenatly beat.
    I am using it rarely only when i meet my friend in 1v1 and the one who wins uses that emote. But none of us is taking it seriously ;) That´s why I said it´s a nice touch and why would I be dissapointed if it´s gone.

What I see as bigger problem is spamming that city teleportation button...

9. Morinphen

Yes, that's what we were talking about: "kids or silly people" using it excessively boastfully when they get a win, just to mock.

About the last thing, a whole other discussion so we may be going off-topic, but why would you spam it? I don't get it, pardon me.

10. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Thank you. This is exactly my thoughts were for opening this thread.
    Dancing and other emotes are fine. You can be happy that you won.
    But laughing at a fallen opponent that you just killed in two hits, is very very low.

Morinphen likes this.
  11. jthames

jthames Advanced

'Laugh' emotes on the battlefield are oftentimes used as a sick, vindictive, degrading and/or 'better than thou' symbol of speech by adolescences who know no better or could care less. Shame on BP for allowing this to go on! 'Laugh' emotes should be allowed in urban areas and urban ares only. There, and used in a respectful and perhaps even in a bit taunting manner, 'laugh' emotes, in my opinion, are hilarious.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    DesertKoala likes this.
  12. fourtwenty68

i reject your reality and substitute my own."Myth busters"
    of course there's 2 sides to this emote. as well as the others which you can't see or refuse too. because 'you' think its funny.
    well i think the laugh emote is funny,and when i get killed in 2 shots and my killer laughs at me,i laugh too,and PM them with 'haha :) '.
    seeing things in a different perspective is an ability we all have.
    yes you feel the way you do,but others feel different. That's life. just have fun and laugh a little, it doesn't hurt that much:D:D and you'll feel better:D
    and you can't say ppl use it as you say you do because you are not them,i use it for fun,not my fault if they don't have a sense of HUMOR.
    like i said, Pm them and say haha :) and notice the response,,you'll be amazed the fun your missing:D:D

13. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

When someone flips you a middle finger at an intersection, do you wave hello? Just curious. The simple solution is to have a checkbox[] to disable visibility of emotes for the thin skinned folks ....possibly me. If you check the box, you cannot see other people doing pushups, moonwalking or dancing on your corpse. Think of it as a visual corollary to disable PM talk for people you wish to ignore in chat. They are functionally identical filters to weed out the ignorant(z).

14. fourtwenty68

i was thinking the same thing on the checkbox,and forgot to add that:D
    and yes i did blow someone a kiss for flipin me the bird before haha:D

DesertKoala likes this.
  15. jthames

jthames Advanced

But you're so cute....just kidding, a play off an old post of yours that tickled me to no end :). I disagree w/your synopsis but honestly respect your opinion.

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You can't use the pet in the arena ... then why should the emotes be available?
    Disable emotes and teleportation in the arena. Both are not needed. If you want to leave the arena you can choose from the menu ... no need for teleportation.

Darwarren likes this.
  17. Durian-might

Durian-might Forum Greenhorn

1)Its one thing when a "worthy" opponent laughs(For me its not an issue) ,but when a "twink" laughs ,its rather an awkward situation.it happens mostly in duels.
    2)Even if this discussion is about "laughing emote", Little off-topic but i would say,i have seen people dancing,lifting dumbbells,jumping ropes.....etc in pvp and as many people have said,They are not offensive as laughing emote.(don't get me wrong i love all emotes )
    3) I think if there is a need to restrict the usage of emotes in pvp ,then why not? no harm in that.
    4)do i want "laughing emote" or any emote for that matter be removed from the game itself? NO,NO,NO,that is ridiculous.
    if people are desperate to laugh in pvp,they can always type "hahaha" or "lmao",but i cant say the same for dancing and other emotes.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  18. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

(imagines the kid using the laugh emote to be living in his Mom's basement)

Devs wont remove it. Anyone who has played this game any length of time with an ounce of passion for preserving a positive in-game community experience will know and appreciate the following truth(s):

1. The only people who can keep this game positive in tone are you the citizens of Duria. Don't expect for one second the community mods or developers are going to login and be Mom and Dad. They wont. They have other things to work on.
    2. The emotes are here to stay. The Dev team is eyeballs deep in helping build new content. That is where they need to be focused. I thank them for keeping the game viable.
    3. The people using the laugh emote in PVP are scum. I have no more time to think about them or discuss them. Plain and simple, they are cancer on our servers. If you are GM and your members do this, you are not doing your job. Does this sound harsh? It should. Man up.

Dragonnns and Morinphen like this.
  19. -devilRED-

-devilRED- Forum Greenhorn

i hate it too, so stupid, its almost bullying

20. Morinphen

The word "almost" is not really needed there. It is bullying/mockery (when used in the manner we all hate, which we've discussed here).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.