Locking the high level maps for low level players make no sense

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by nvmind2, Apr 21, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

I might be ok with this if the drops were level appropriate. So you are level 20 and want to fight Balor, you should not be eligible for any unique items and you would only get level 20 items with level appropriate GoP/Coin.

What would make it even better is if you grouped with higher level characters, they got your lower level items. :)

This way, you'd still have the opportunity to explore new areas (your excuse for doing this) but you wouldn't get anything you wouldn't get if you did level appropriate areas. Heck, maybe even less.

Mario_Boss and trakilaki like this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yep ... they are locked by level.
    I and most of my friends are F2P ... and we don't twink.
    You find level 10 grouping with a level 50 player as a challenge? :D
    actually this(locking maps for twinks) was one of the long time player's suggestions.

Troneck86, Morinphen and _Baragain_ like this.
  3. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

And one that took way too long to implement.

4. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

I have a suggestion.

Thanks Baragain...

Why not lock all areas based on quest. You have to quest to unlock new maps.
    They have dome it with LorTec and with Andercache so I think this will solve a very much growing problem. People like nevermind2 will have a challenge doing the quests to access the next maps.

No more complaining about opening maps to lower levels bc they need a quest line completed.

5. trakilaki

True that
    Andrakasch is not locked only by quest but by level as well ... you can't take those quests whenever you like.
    Same with Lor'Tac ... if you open the quest tab you will see the level requirement for all quests.

6. MegaNuker

Yes this is true but if they just made the zones unlocked when you had a quest that needed that zone is what I was getting at.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  7. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

needing to unlock each area by quest and level would be great also would love to see a much higher level rerquirement per toon on PW even if they just went back to the old level 30 requirement but would love to see 40 or 45.

8. -HARRA81-

-HARRA81- Forum Mogul

PvP battles is not generated by ANY same level players.
    I hardly doubt that you will face many fully Royal gemmed player with your F2P character who doesn't have gems. I am speaking on my own experience here. I don't know if it's a design or a bug at the moment.

It's a nice idea but you know how it is. Everything needs money, especially employees and the hardware for running the game.
    Feel free to design a MMO game and run it from your home just free for everyone (with your own expenses of course);)

9. nvmind2

nvmind2 Forum Apprentice

well, I just did some pvp with my 46 level DK and fought level 50 grand marshal. Wasn't fun for me and definitely wasn't fun for the other player, he had no challenge. I didn't move at all and he killed me in one fireball... The whole farming in the world would not get me anywhere close to his level, therefore farming is not making a big difference anymore in pvp world, maybe is something that did a difference long ago, not anymore though.

I already have high level characters, I did all the quests too many times (3 characters lv 45-50 on heredur and 2 on balor) my low level is the third one on balor and I'll never level up with it, I'm just using it to have fun with the other players that are staying at low level. Opening the maps for us will just bring some fun, I see no reason other players should be concerned for.. Why would be anyone jealous on a level 20 wearing level 30 armor on him ? Do your quests and get to level 50 and mind your business, leave the low level players to have their fun... I was also bothered in the past by low level players begging to take them with you so they can farm with no xp, but moved them to ignore list and continued with my quests.. I had no hard feelings in regard to what they are doing. And it doesn't bother me some players are investing thousand of euro in their characters, the only thing that do bother me is the fact the PVP matching doesn't match based on rank and I end up fighting them.

10. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

So you don't care about twinks unless you have to fight against one? Not exactly an original argument, but okay.

Twinks only ruin pvp, simple as that. If these players were as good as they think they are, they would level up to 50 and take on the big boys and girls. Instead they pick on the newer players at low levels so they at least have something to brag about.

Morinphen likes this.
  11. nvmind2

nvmind2 Forum Apprentice

From my point of view, the way it is created this game, it is not a game of skills (re PVP), but a game of farming. Who's the biggest farmer or payer dominates the PVP. I play other online games where all players have exactly the same gear and the skills makes the difference. This one is definitely not one of them. Try to get your head out of this game and look around. This game could look and feel like one if PVP will be matched between players at close level, but it is not. You are calling those players "twinks", but aren't we all in the end ?

12. MegaNuker

Twink term was not created by the DSO team but does accurately depict what happens in this game. I would go much father in terms of making zones accessed by lower level tools and say if the zone is red you get nothing not even coins. Why because normal your helping people get expensive and your farming for melts. If you remove the farming for melts then that will remove the reason for even debating this.

13. nvmind2

nvmind2 Forum Apprentice

It's very hard and boring to get the amount of ghlyps that would get you somehow close to a medium payer. I would farm high level maps for andermant, realm fragments, blue ess, HP and so on. And also because the wild area maps are arena maps on Balor and could be fun and challenging.
    If I want to farm for glyphs, from PW, at the moment, I can get more glyphs than I would get from high level maps, if those would be open.

14. MegaNuker

You are aware that PW is locked to new players until they get one too to level 50...

15. nvmind2

nvmind2 Forum Apprentice

you are aware brand new players that don't have already a level 50 character don't even understand or care what we are talking about. they can get to level 35 in no time and have everything, up to atlantis, open. they don't care about "twinks".
    this threat is for old players that already got a few characters at level 50 and want to have some fun at low level too. there are so many which are staying at low level, if you're not one of them, why are you against opening the maps for them ?

16. Reinier

Reinier Someday Author

Sorry but I think that this is not right. Correct me if I'm wrong but pvp is open after level 15. So if I'm a brand new player which just got there, I would surely like to try and experiment pvp battles.
    What will I find? Powered up "twinks" characters that will just crush me in no time. Maybe as a new player I don't read Forum, so I don't know that there is the abused possibility of upgrading level 15 equipments without limits and I just quit playing.

I think that we agree on the line in bold, however I also think that a (big) payer has all the rights to achieve better performance than a F2P just using money instead of farming. It is a personal choice and you know very well that the game is not only for free players. However even the payers should be encouraged to level up their character and so move on to find new challenges.
    I disagree with the second part of your statement. If a game mechanic has been already used and abused by many and if that created a large gap between old and new players, the first thing to do is modify that mechanic.

I think that the Baragain suggested the best solution to this: limit equipment upgrade to +5 level, so the need for GOP will be reduced. You may also think to limit the use of gem (no sacred or royal under level 35). In this way there will always be a limit to the further improvements of a low level chraracter than you will be forced to move on. This should be coupled with a better matchmaking system, so in pvp you should face only people near your level (considering equipment, pvp tier, wisdom, ...)

17. nvmind2

nvmind2 Forum Apprentice

The thing is the strong low level players exits already and are not just a few, and nothing in the world (DSO world that is) won't force them to level up and to find new challenges. And why is that, because they already have 2 or 3 high level character and they already had all those challenges over and over again. And locking the maps doesn't solve this problem at all...
    To limit the use of gems under certain level is a good idea, but will hit BP where it hurts the most. They will never fix the game to make it fair, so then why not give the free players a chance ? Locking the maps just makes the gap bigger between payers and free players.

18. MegaNuker

I think there is going to be measures in the future that will supress twinkling and past twinks. In the respect of pvp. For now the topic is the since of locking high level maps from low levels.

1.) It is to prevent players making new tools going into higher level maps and getting higher level items and melting.

2.) The game is designed to have a story line. Going I to maps before the story unfolds takes away from the intent the game was created.

3.) We the player play the game. We make suggestions and after they are hear we get an answer. We desiderate if we want to keep playing under the new rules. The rule is no new player can enter a high level map. See 1.) and 2.)

19. nvmind2

nvmind2 Forum Apprentice

4. And also no new player can enter PW.
    Unless he already have a lv 50 under the same account. Same can apply for normal maps... Who already have lv 50 doesn't want to do the story line again. The rules can be tweaked.

20. trakilaki

How do you stop bleeding?
    1. Injecting more blood into the blood stream
    2. Collecting the spilled blood and drinking it again (repeat/repeat/repeat/ ...)
    3. Applying direct pressure on the wound with a clean gauze or cloth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.