Feedback Looter's Fortune event

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Jun 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Hmmm, announcement said pve maps as well as pw. Nope. Wasted the first 2 1/2 hours questing with some of my weak alts that could really use the resources. Nothing out of the ordinary. Oh wait, a level 43 SW did get 2 greens from the 15th berserk commander he killed in Thunder Crest. 2 runs thru Temple with a lvl 40 DK yielded nothing out of the ordinary. Tried a few other toons on other level maps... same, same.

On to pw... wanted to do a quick run to check first so I threw a lvl 29 DK former twink at grimm (he goes thru that like a hot knife thru butter, lol.) Yeah a lot of greens. 7 green and a couple blue gloves in fact which got me a bit excited... until they were ID'd. forget about gold stat lines (nada) but even worse all with zero slots and not a single speed line :eek:

I messed around a bit more in pw with my RA but finally gave up with about an hour to go in this non-event.

So near as I can figure someone suggested "Looter's Fortune" as a new company motto but one of the devs misunderstood and made it an event :D

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

trakilaki and -Skygazer- like this.
  2. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

This event is the example of a very good but terribly delivered idea, despite being advised by my guildmates not to waste my time by the time I logged in, I tried anyway, did a straight hour and a half of speed runs in Q3M1 III on blues and got the same luck as Trakilaki, one blue item with a usable golden line.

Here's my humble opinion..., if you're going to throw an event which is only 5 hours long, it's supposed to be an utterly awesome event, considering the results people's obtaining, I see no reason why this event wouldn't be allowed to last an entire weekend, even players that are able to do super efficient speed runs through fatal maps ended up with the same terrible results, thus, the average player who's stuck on normal maps and painful PW's got virtually no benefit from this "event" whatsoever, the drop rate of exos and legs was exactly the same as usual.

A few ideas that could make this event actually worth bothering:
    • Increase the drop rate for every type of loot available during the event: Potions, realm fragments, essences, Andermant, coins and equipment.
    • Make the increased drop % higher so that it's noticeable at all.
    • Increase the chances of receiving rare and high item enchantments through ALL the maps, not only the Parallel World, and in the case of the latter, make it stack with it's natural increased chance of receiving such items.
    • Same thing for the minimum enchantment values.
    If at least one of the above changes is applied to this event, I would agree and understand that it lasts for 5 hours, there's only so much one can do during 5 hours, so if presented with 5 hours a month of this, it wouldn't present a huge handicap on anyone, but would give us all a small boost, including the average player, and since you actually have to farm for it, it's not like you're giving away stuff for free.

In case the event remains the same, it doesn't matters if it lasts for 5 hours or 5 weeks, the best advice I would give to anyone in that case is: do your stuff normally, don't invest any essences to speed run any maps, don't rush bosses, it's not worth a single blue essence, ignore the "looters fortune" icon and move on.

One thing that still bothers me is why are you so reluctant to share the "magic number" with us, it's very sly to say "increased" instead of "double" or giving an actual % number like 10%, 50%..., or 0.002%, my guess here is that it's so low that you fear the community's reaction upon knowing the actual "increased" drop rate % number, I might be wrong though...

My last piece of feedback for this event: Those were the worst wasted blue essences since I started playing.

Armando and trakilaki like this.
  3. ImmortalDeath

ImmortalDeath Junior Expert

I farmed 3 hours (the longest uninterrupted time ive played dso for a while) on PW, mostly grimmag fast runs:

150 gold

1000 ander (which was crazy, I don't even know how)

only 5 mystics (using 1 day prem code IAMPRO)

3 useful greens. One of them was 50% increased weapon dmg on a shortbow. cool stat but I wish it was on a longbow. 200% would be insane, is that possible?

a few splintered cyanides and a bunch of flawed shit (only 2 sapphires and no ruby though)

30 realmfrags

Results:
    I hated the waste of time on drops but I can't argue with 1000 ander. But realms seriously need to drop more.

4. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

The event was awesome.
    Oh wait, that was my dream. Sorry couldn't stay awake all night to play your event.
    It was long gone before I woke up.
    Thanks DSO.

trakilaki and -Skygazer- like this.
  5. -Skygazer-

-Skygazer- Advanced

Manoj, you did not miss much, you were the smarter one unlike us idiots playing it with high hopes.....
    Disgrace... total waste of time, there was NO difference in drops..

EhtovK and trakilaki like this.
  6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I was playing during that time anyway, but I'd not go out of my way to make sure that I could play this event. In fact, I stopped the event early to go eat and didn't feel a thing.

7. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

Well i think it was good that the event was at 3:30 AM to 8:30 AM (for Tegan) local time for players here in India, we would have to wake up midnight for this event.

8. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

This because the "NORMAL" drop rates are so freakin horrible. Seriously... Double or triple the drops rate?.... 2X0 & 3X0 .. still = 0

To be honest I dont see the point of BP/Youzu being so damn stingy with drops. The Illogical way that this game is ran, isnt just staggering... its absolutely mind boggling! All thos amazing uniques and sets ... that almost no one has... Why bother to creat and develop them, if you are just gonna keep them to yourselves on TS??????

Morinphen likes this.
  9. KellueéHazé

KellueéHazé Junior Expert

This event was sad :p was it so hard to increase every drop by a %%%%%% or as EhtovK said is it too low ^^
    I farmed gorga with my low because I thought it would give me good items, it did but when I found out yesterday, gorga had a drop bug so I was pretty disappointed...

10. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

non-interesting event due to very low increase in drop chase of higher tier (exo - legendary) gear. So if its looters event make it much bigger % chanse to drop exo and legendary.

11. Red_Jaeger

Red_Jaeger Junior Expert

Well, I wouldn't call it an event at all. It was very short and had minimal impact. As far as I am concerned, it was just a small bonus. I cannot complain about a bonus, any bonus is a nice bonus.

I did not play during the "event" at all, so I cannot comment on the drop rates/quality or anything related to these. I usually work during the time that it was active. It would be nice if future instances would take place during non-working days (i.e. Sundays would work for most people I suppose).

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Neither increased quality nor quantity were present during the "event".
    I can state that from my playing. If i compare those thousands of items collected during the event ... and same amount of items collected while there is no event, I can see that the drop rate/quality is the same.
    I can even say the drops are better without the event ... but that won't be the case because sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't ...

Mario_Boss, Morinphen and -Skygazer- like this.
  13. glesia

glesia Advanced

when was this. i never seen this on tegan server

14. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It was only 5 hours long... really easy to miss. Also, there was no drop down event notification. There was simply an icon above the skill bar.

15. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

I got an unique.

The next day.

Logic.

rjrichards, bLaind and _Baragain_ like this.