Feedback Lor'Tac Bound Event

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Jul 21, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Just saying that without an "official" clarification on the matter of the chests, with multiple player feedback and opinions, it's too convoluted anymore. Take color blindness. The majority of us see "blue" in one way while a few see it as another. Who is to say that the majority "blue" is actually true "blue" ? Maybe the few who are color blind have true sight and the rest of us are taking control of "blue" because there is strength in numbers? But then there isn't a cosmic Mod who can say what is "blue" or not. But there are DSO mods here who can say what is what with the event chests.
    And I bet they aren't even going to be blue.

2. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

How do I get the title Harbinger?

3. I have something funny to tell you. I think I've let you all in on the secret before, but I guess I'll do it again.

We mods don't know everything. We are players, just like you. We are simply responsible for keeping the forums neat and tidy.

When the powers that be want us to share something official, they send us a message. Usually it is just a matter of minuets from the time we get it until you get it. That being said, we haven't heard anything about the chests. We've got theories, just like the other forums, but until such a time as there is something official, we are all making well educated guess. Lets wait and see what happens with R155 when it shows up on test server.

Kiwigal1244 likes this.
  4. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

Okay. What I was trying to say is that the information I am passing on (as facts) is usually what was conveyed or confirmed by official moderators in the German forum - who, according to their own statement, have a means of direct communication (something like skype chat) with the CMs during their working time.

Sorry for my thick-wittedness, but what actually is the "matter of chests" both of you are referring to?
    [​IMG]Toltact Treasure ChestYou will find them in the city Yaltepetl (Lor’Tac). You will need 225 Tablet Fragments to get one. Each one gives one of the four equipment items of this event.
    To me, this excerpt from the event guide is pretty clear...
    The only "open" question I can see is how we might obtain the other 5 of 9 parts of the set (and, ok, if and when those 4 parts from the chests might be obtained otherwise than by playing the event now). A moderator in the German forum said that as of now, those other 5 parts would be for sale (most likely for Andermant) in Yaltepetl, just like the parts of the lvl 43 set in Andrakash.

Edit: Oh, is it still about whether there will be four distinct boxes to buy for the tablets, each giving you a SPECIFIC item, or whether they are "lucky chests" yielding a random item out of those 4? Well, I suppose THAT question has really not been answered yet, but apart from experience with BP's unfortunate favour for randomization, also logic demands that these be lucky chests: Why would you need chests, otherwise? You could directly exchange the tablets for items, not chests.

2nd Edit: A user asked German moderators here to clarify whether one might happen to get the same item twice from the chests. A moderator confirmed here that the items are a random drop from the chests. Any more questions?

After the first quest from Thabo to explore the rifts and to free Chocilatl from his cage, there is a second quest (also from Thabo) to notify queen Agrascha in Andrakash about what's going on. Completing the quest will give you the achievement and title.
    This second quest was available to my lvl 45 char on the live Server, but NOT to my lvl 42 char on Stablebuild. Up to everyone to draw their own conclusions, this time ;-).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  5. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I see. So, I have to be level 45 to get this title?
    Hmm, that sucks :(

6. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

But none of those are Official Announcements... To me they are still guesses. Well educated guesses, but guesses none the less.

I'm pretty sure that there will only be one kind of chest for sale and it will be random which unique pops out. Then the whole "buy the rest for andermant" fits with the "payset" tag we saw in the item descriptions before they fixed the text. Also, given that it is a "payset" it means that the original assumption I made about it potentially scaling is most likely wrong.

Can I be 100% sure, no. However, just like those German mods, it is the only thing that makes sense based on the facts available.

7. KellyLark

KellyLark Forum Greenhorn

Nono, I've already made everything needed - my character (both, actually, tank and mag) just can't interact with any NPC with quest menu (in urban areas and realm chamber), it just keep running near quest keapers without anything else happening. Yesterday I've cleaned cookies and reopened tabs many time but it just keep going glitchy =/

8. Kiwigal1244

Kiwigal1244 Active Author

Grotto P/W lvl 35 Corrupt Andermagic not dropping My lvl 35 has been through there 3x .. still nothing dropping at the 3 rifts

9. nvmind

nvmind Forum Inhabitant

you have to fight worthy monsters, maximum -5 levels under yours to get drops

--MERGED--

It would be nice to know the melting values of the items, farming for fragments is uber boring, I cannot do more than 500 fragments per day. At least we should know what are we doing it for. Possible more melting per day comes out of m2 than from this event, and m2 is way more fun (plus stones, essence and chance for better legendaries).

10. Wiggles

Wiggles Active Author

I am gonna ask this question even though I will either get no response or a really silly one... What's the point to this event? Gathering 200 plus pieces of junk in the most drawn out way possible is such a waste of time. That's not an opinion this is such a huge waste of time.

=====

Maybe I am missing something again. Are they other areas to gather tab' frag's?

11. bahhumbug

bahhumbug Forum Apprentice

"Event" is boring. Reward gear is not even worth grinding for to melt. Can get the same amount of melt in a few HoD runs and those go so much faster. The "discussion" about those stupid chests is INCREDIBLY boring, you need to let it go and wait for 155 on TS like YWOYD said. (Sorry, your name is just too long to type out lol) The only thing is we got a sneak peek at some of the Lor Tac mobs, actually impressed with their design, hopefully done with skeletons now forever?
    Anyway. that's my event feedback. Now let's hope the live launch of Lor Tac will be less buggy than the event has been. I'd suggest testing the crap out of it starting now on TS so we have 3 weeks to report the bugs which will surely be abundant. Or hopefully not.

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

In that case that is a bug that many players are facing with since R154.
    I have heard rumors that ... the devs were spotted working diligently to fix this as soon as possible. :)

KellyLark and _Baragain_ like this.
  13. Wiggles

Wiggles Active Author

[​IMG]

Dragonnns and _Baragain_ like this.
  14. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

The point is
    a) to give everyone a preview and hands-on experience with some of the mobs we will encounter in the content expansion
    (and maybe to give BP some data about their balancing, but that is pure speculation)
    b) to provide characters that have reached lvl 45 only a short time ago (or will do so soon) with a somewhat decent unique gear (and possibly earn BP some money on selling the set parts not available from the event chests)...

No, the grinding is just as terrible as you noticed. :)

15. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I like that this event is solo. I haven't been bothered by a million people who normally don't even acknowledge my existence to "help" *cough* carry *cough* them! :D

Reward-wise, the gear is not appealing for me, so it'll take a small miracle for me to reach 900 tablet frags to even have a shot at the set. But I can see how this set would appeal to a lot of newer players. So eh, no big deal. :)

I like that the event subsection of the achievement is being used again, I was beginning to think it was forgotten. Now... if only the queen would stop being a snob and talk to me, then I could finish my quest and complete the achievement. XD

16. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I need the noob in the cage to talk to me, but if he likes being locked up, that it totally up to him.

silverseas and soxx101 like this.
  17. Durrendal

Durrendal Padavan

Same here. The faux mayan guy in the cage wont talk.
    To boot, new bugs. Now if game crashes on a character, you cant start playing by switching to new character after you restart the client/browser.

18. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Did you took the quest?

19. glesia

glesia Advanced

soo i farmed 3000 for a chance at getting all tayaz lortec uniqes eh,,, only to find out i will half to buy the rest of the set. is that a joke cause there is no post from dso saying such things. no answer in the quest that says so. so i assume you will get all the damn uniqes i worked so hard for... all that farming for nothing. expecting something good but nooooo. slapping us in the face again with $$$. i mean there has to be a point where we can actually have fun and get cool things without having to go to the bank. this just make me disappointing once again as usual. i knew there was a catch. there always is........ jeezz all that farming for nothing

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  20. Durrendal

Durrendal Padavan

Afiirmative. Took the quest from Thabo but can't progress the Mayan Guy stage as my toon keeps running into the mayan guy but no text bubble appears.
    DAMMIT DSO. LEARN FROM THE JAPANESE TO MAKE NPC TALK AND SPEECH BUBBLES. THEY HAVE ENTIRE GAMES BASED ONLY ON THOSE.
    P.S.- Even Gnob seems affected by the NPC bug.

Also, I don't seem to get the hullabullo over the lack of info thing. Its given in Event Tab. It shows 4 items and nowhere says different item each time. SO it's pretty clear those 4 are gonna drop randomly.
    Read and understand first, people. Don't rant and complain from get go.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015