LvL 50 Fresh Meat!!!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by bLaind, Jun 15, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

You're going to have to stay out of the pw maps for now (unless you go in a group).

Moving your wisdom points into dmg/hp is the correct thing for now. You need to go back and farm some easier maps until you find better gear. No it isn't fun, but we've all been there.

Unless you get incredibly lucky, it will take a while before you find the necessary gear to go running through the pw maps using only green ess.

Don't get frustrated. You'll never finish improving your character, there will always be something else you want.

My suggestion would be to farm Cradle of Death map for now if you can do it easily. When you get bored of that map, go do some Gorga runs for gems.

Sooner or later the Dragan event will come around and then you can work on getting that set.

Khalizzie likes this.
  2. gun

gun Forum Great Master

in PW i would say 600+dps weapon is ok to heal through MWS plus green or blue, lower dps wouldn't be enough thus making on blue essense or higher to depend on.

i feel u, my toon would 2 farts die also. even farts from fire minibos. it just deadly lol.
    i would say on 2nd meeting with grimmag you would adapt to his attack habit. and 3rd n so on you would die less.
    run in circle to evade his fireball, soon as evaded from fireball give him RS or FOTD.
    he will glow shinier, that is the time to make gap & evade this fart.
    you can save DH for critical moment, or DH+BOW to rush attack him for 8 seconds & run.
    RJ to close the gap, Charge to make gap, vise versa.
    before entering grimmag remove IB from slot change it with another useful skill or make the slot for hp/rage pots.
    but please consider Rhysingstar advice & make better preparation.

i wish u get better gear soon.
    cheers :)

3. Khalizzie

Khalizzie Forum Greenhorn

I tried to follow all the advice given, provided I had what it took. This is me now (blue ess on), hope it is better. I must say that I have less problems killing bosses...

[​IMG]

Mario_Boss and gun like this.
  4. Mario_Boss

Mario_Boss Regular

well not to shabby but now hp is little bit low...i know that it is hard to balance, but you'll know what is best for you.
    keep farming and you'll get there

good luck

Khalizzie likes this.
  5. Khalizzie

Khalizzie Forum Greenhorn

Thanks a lot! will try to re-balance then!
    Hahaa so much to take into account... I feel like a chemist :)

6. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Great dmg, but that HP line would scare me quite a bit.

Khalizzie likes this.
  7. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Is this build any good?:
    [​IMG]
    All wisdom points are on HP and the 50% block.
    Will this be of any use on "tanking" PWs?
    And another thing... What is a "tank" supposed to do, except surviving and use the taunt skill?
    What skills should I use?
    Note: I tried once to tank the red essence boss, on the essence event, (an on-the-go improvised build) but that was a disaster and I kinda... haven't played 1H&Shield in a long time.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  8. Cswarrior

Cswarrior Forum Greenhorn

Hi there :)
    Excused me, but i saw your thread here on forum and wants to share some of my thoughts, hope it will be usefull...and if it doesnt, well im just a human, far from the perfection...lol.
    Ok, here we go..
    BLaind said:
    1. Is this build any good? (look at the picture above from BLaind last message)
    2. All wisdom points are on HP and the 50% block.
    3. Will this be of any use on "tanking" PWs?
    4. And another thing... What is a "tank" supposed to do, except surviving and use the taunt skill?
    5. What skills should I use?
    Note: I tried once to tank the red essence boss, on the essence event, (an on-the-go improvised build) but that was a disaster and I kinda... haven't played 1H&Shield in a long time.​

My answer is:
    1. You're on the right path for building a good tank DK, my advice is: build up your damage and crit hit a bit more, says about 600-700 base damage, and crit hit at least 10%-25%, then it should be easier on the battlefield
    2. That's a good way of building a solid DK, HP and Block rate are the first important thing for staying alive on the fight, beside armor and resist. Block rate means the succesfull rate for blocking every attack from enemy, which means to help you feel not so painful when dealing on any mobs of monsters. The greater it is, the more chance for blocking attack you will be. And Big HP means good chance for you to stay alive, at least you still alive when dealing heavy damage, enough for you to drink HP Potion, or to regenerate your HP together combined with your HP absorb skill like Mighty wild swing, etc
    3. Yes, indeed. But you still need more progress on your gear, try upgrading it for better performance, if you have enough glyphs of power. Or replacing it when you found a better equipment later. Just keep farming and farming, you will find it eventually, try grouping with some good team. Especially with some good heavy hitter range type-char who can help u in killing monsters
    4. First of all, tank is very2 important, either you want to be a good passive tanker, or an active tanker:
      • A passive tanker means you will help your team with your defensive thing, and play taunt as a diversion for mobs, so the crowd attacks only you while the other member of team make a killing move. This can be combined with the summon for guardian from SW, Archer with root beast or wolf packs, or SM with their clown box...so you can have enough time to regenerate your hp when below critical level (so it can ease some of the pains).
      • Active tanker means a good hero on battle field, dealing heavy damage while make a killer hit too. Its an ideal picture on most of every DK player. But the task is hard and difficult to achieved. Good thing is, you can do the absorb HP skills more effectively when you have a good damage, combined with great critical rate and damage too. The bigger your attack on Mighty wild swing skill, or other attack skill when you are activating Dragon Hide skill can do amazing thing for your HP to recover fast. And you can make a good contribution by doing great damage, which can make farming or bossing more effectively and fun too :)
    5. Its up to you then. You are the player, choose skills which is suitable enough with your playing style...i dont recommend anything for it, coz every player have their own style on playing with their DK. Just do some experience, knowing each skills, what is the benefit when using it, how much damage, or how it can help you with some stunning skills, or etc...feel freely to re-aranging your skills...Good Luck :)

bLaind and Khalizzie like this.
  9. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Here's my recent build (with the blue ess pet):
    [​IMG]
    Most of the equipment is still pretty old. The new gloves, boots and weapon adornment made me change the deep sea parts since the boots and the gloves gave me enough armor to stop depending on the deep sea 20% armor bonus.
    The same Battle Hammer leveled up from 46 to 48 and the same HP belt leveled from 44 to 48 and the 2nd ring is a 800+ HP & 20+ dmg ring lvld from 39 to 43.
    This is what I use, but I still can't survive in PW.

But I got this axe yesterday in Varholm:
    [​IMG]
    With this one I kill a little faster because of the critical part, even tho the damage is way lower.
    Still no big difference in my survival in PW so I thought of going 1H&Shield.
    1:
    [​IMG]
    2:
    [​IMG]
    3: :eek::eek::eek:
    [​IMG]
    Which shield would you use?
    I guess the Exo (2) one is the to go with, huh?
    But I was surprise how the blue one (3) worked great in blocking those Grimmagstone melee skeletons.:cool:
    Now I can survive in PW, but it takes a while to kill monsters... at least this 1H mace has a little CHR.
    Went with a group (first time in PW) yesterday, 1H&Sh, I did kill a few monsters, but they did most of the killing... Died once in Fortress Forge and Twice at Grimmag... so I guess I need some travel speed to avoid attacks.

10. Mario_Boss

Mario_Boss Regular

Can you show your skill and knowledg tree?
    Both what you use on 1hnd and 2hnd.

Main problem that i see is that you don't have any set but with good legies you can have decent stats

Edit: full moon event is coming so try to get normal or hard shield

11. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I can't make SS's right now, but it's like this...
    Knowledge lvl 30: 10 on Behemoth, 8 on Vitality and 12 on Attack. For both 2H and 1H, cause I didn't get to test the 1H build too much so the skills/knowledge stayed the same.
    Skills:
    Smash 5
    Rageful Swing 3
    Rage Jump 2
    Ground Breaker 3 5
    Furious Battle Cry 2 3
    Charge 2 3
    Mighty Wild Swing 2 3 5
    Dragon Hide 2 5
    Furry of the Dragon 2 3
    Banner of War 0

For mini-bosses/bosses I move 5 from Ground Breaker 5 on Banner of War 5.
    And for PW I remove Charge and use the 5 points on Ground Breaker 2 and Battle Frenzy 3.

On Full Moon I manage to kill the Boss just once, maximum twice... I can't handle those mini-bosses.
    I can't wait to see if I can do better with this new build on Full Moon :).

12. Mario_Boss

Mario_Boss Regular

Did you get 2nd char for faster knowledg? Trie to work on your att speed gems first.
    If you are to weak to farm pw go in Nahuatlan and farm there. It is decent drop of items and gems. And do craft items to replace that lvl 43-45-46. Don't know how do you stand with guild and friends but team-up for easier farm.

And one more q...how many hours do you play per day?

13. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I have a 2nd character since lvl 20something and doing the mentor bonus switch since then.
    I have 4x3,10 gems and I'm close on making a 5th one.
    I recently crafted some gloves with almost 10 attack speed and 500 armor, but few days after I got the Leg. ones I currently use that have better armor but just 5 attack speed. I lose just 0.02.
    It's was the only crafted item that I've used, but I don't know what should I search for crafting. Speed for gloves and boots, the others I'm not sure...
    Had bad experiences were I was kicked out of the group after event bosses where summoned so...
    I'm kind of a lone wolf.
    I got on a newer guild with some lvl 50 players but they farm higher maps, but I haven't asked for help yet...
    Lone Wolf... or to quote Tuilindor... "Eternal Soloist".
    I play just once every two days, and quite a lot I consider , but I think I play kinda slow and also since I'm depending on an old-ish laptop...

14. Mario_Boss

Mario_Boss Regular

on what server are you? if you are on grimmag i'll help you run-two-three...or more

15. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Heredur.
    Since you've asked about many things... How about some advices... for the skills?

16. Mario_Boss

Mario_Boss Regular

well gameplaying skill are induvidual choice. If you play 1hnd trie to use both mws and battle frenzy for hp regeneration...and always kill rangers first. And again trie to team up on wolf with some1 you thrust, find alike players and build chars together

17. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

If anyone has advices on how to handle those Full Moon mini-bosses as a solo DK, it would be highly appreciated.

18. ekant1992

ekant1992 Padavan

have you tried using scrolls with damage ess (blue, purple , red ) instead of the silver ess?

19. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I did. But they kill me way before I can kill them. Tried it just on one, but I considered that it was a waste of silver ess (on the scroll) since I would need around 5 to kill one (maybe more) with the damage I had on the previous Full Moon.
    I think it will go better with my current damage, but what I was looking for is a strategy with the silver ess.
    I haven't really gathered much resources for the Moon events till now because of the fragments, from now on I'll try to gather more... but I get bored fast with that especially in Blackborg since they barely drop wood, but in Varholm it gets a little fun when you get a Jullov.

20. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

1. skip the New Moon event and play only Full Moon ... that way you will save more fragments.
    2. Use Scrolls of Silver Power don't use silver essences. Use at least Blue essences for the bosses ... and most important use your Banner you can use your skills without cost. Use your Dragon Hide while inside the Banner ... your defense is better and you can heal. You have enough time to kill 1 boss/miniboss with blue essences while your Banner is active.

bLaind likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.