Support MAC Client Technical Support

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Biztart, Dec 7, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannai

Hannai Someday Author

Try:

> Download Appcleaner for mac.. this is free btw. https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/25276/appcleaner
    > Drag Drakensang icon into appcleaner and hit delete.. this pulls in all old files. Make sure you empty trash on your mac.
    > Make sure log files folder (in Apps folder) has no dso files.. if it does.. delete them. Hit trash again.
    > Download client again from Drakensang website.

Hope this works for ya! :D

2. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Don't think it's gonna help- we had the same problem in the past- but I will try. I removed files with CCCleaner and re-installed DSO- still same problem- there will have to be a hotfix for Mac users I think. Did you Hannai have the same problem today?

gun likes this.
  3. kaczmarzykad

kaczmarzykad Forum Greenhorn

Hi, this is global problem... and for sure this is problem with SSL...

4. absc125

absc125 Forum Apprentice

Reported at 11:15 and no official feedback?

5. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

6. Kohn_Hamper

Kohn_Hamper Junior Expert

Got this aswell

7. .Kravin.

.Kravin. Forum Apprentice

Once again, update fails.
    I get "new client" available. Download it, move it to applications, open it, another new client available message, over and over.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  8. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Maybe don't move it? IDK but if you get the same message over and over, do something different? (not that the problem isn't with DSO...just saying)

9. Hannai

Hannai Someday Author

Hi Yogo,

Yeah every update I have to do this process.

Sorry didn't work for ya.. did you try that appcleaner too though.. and update adobe Flash?

10. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

I don't have adobe Flash on my iMac-it's not needed to play DSO- thin client takes care of everything. What is the machine you use? is it iMac or MacPro or what Mac do you use? I never had any problems with DSO updates here apart from 2 instances- once they didn't upload the correct downloader .dmg file type and second time - yesterday - ssl handshake didn't match. Normally every update instales automathically and smoothly and there are no issues or whatsoever.

11. Hannai

Hannai Someday Author

I use an iMac and I've always had issues but it's been better of late. Hope the hotfix sorted it all out for everyone!

12. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

Hotfix was brilliant- all's working fine:)

Hannai likes this.
  13. Hannai

Hannai Someday Author

Go forth and farmeth! :D

14. ipaTcH

ipaTcH Forum Apprentice

"" Hi Mac users, i'm creating this thread to give a little feedback of the new High Sierra update. So we all know this game runs "okey"... on standard Sierra (A high-end mac runs this game on 30-50fps with all settings maxed out which is a joke in my opinion) but most of us know that Apple will release the new system this fall. I already downloaded the Public beta(latest ofc) which is totally stable now the computer is a beast but Apple said games will run even better with Metal2 and i must agree other games are running much smoother just like every app and the system itself... but Drakensang is terrible on High Sierra. I disabled all shadows and stuff like that but the game can't reach 30fps maybe in the city the fps goes up a little but after you start fighting the fps drops very low and it's unplayable.

I know the OS is still in Beta but it's almost a GM version currently. So if you are hyped to download the High Sierra update maybe next week and you like to play this game DON'T update the system yet. I hope DSO Devs will give us a nice optimization for Mac (Metal - Metal2) or a more detailed graphics setting in the game. ""

Hey again ! I have great news, i tested High Sierra a little and i tried to make a clean install. After the clean install the game is like 60+fps butter smooth. It's insane ! Sorry for the bad news before but if you have trouble or huge fps lagg after the install i prefer to make a clean install or wait 1-3 hour until the computer indexing everything on you mac. Hope nobody will fall in the situation like me. ;)

Thank you

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  15. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hello @ipaTcH ,
    You thread has been merged with this one as we only have one thread for Mac users.

Cheers.

16. ipaTcH

ipaTcH Forum Apprentice

Yo Mac users again, i'm wondering if anybody has an issue which keeps redownloaded the latest patch over and over again ?

I start the client the and i wait for the patch to download after that the game works great runs fast. Later i wanna play the game again so i start the game but the game runs in max 25fps and it is crazy slow. The solution is to restart the computer BUT if i do this the patch will download again no matter how bit it is... it's pretty annoying. Anybody facing this issue too ? I dont want to restart and download the patch every time i wanna play :/ this problem is almost a year old but i never shared it on forums until now because now the patches are pretty big for my connection and have to wait 20min minimum to play the game every time.

Thank you

17. gun

gun Forum Great Master

Do you mean that one?
    [​IMG]
    I believe Windows also have that. If the client launcher started for the first time it will download something.. we don't know what the download are :D.
    Normally I have to wait 10-20 secs till it's done. Sometimes faster.

In your case the game becoming too slow on 2nd login.. probably something else outside the game that is running heavy duty.

18. ipaTcH

ipaTcH Forum Apprentice

Yes i need to restart my computer and download around 1Gb currently every time i wanna play. I think we have some chache problem i saw on other forums people are having this issue too. Idk what makes this fps dropp :/

19. Yogo

Yogo Forum Great Master

You do not 'download' anything - the game simply loads up because during every restart or power down/up MAC clears temp files and has to load the game on start up again; that is why my MAC is always on ( if I'm not around it's in 'SLEEP MODE'). Your case though makes me wonder about you RAM and HD size and type. 1) How much RAM have you got -if only 8Gb it may not be enough with all your apps running in the background and when you play DSO how much does it show that your machine use all together? Insufficient RAM may be causing the issue in your case.You can install FREE version of Memory Clean and have a look how much RAM all your apps use; it is also useful to run this software after a heavy gaming session.Same goes for the HD - what kind and size of HD have you got? Is it SSD or Fusion or what one have ya got there? That also may be important.Cheers

20. ipaTcH

ipaTcH Forum Apprentice

Hi, i have 256Gb SSD (Latest faster macbook). Macbook Pro 15 Touch Bar maxed out with 16Gb RAM.
    I have my mac always on too but after closing the game and if i wanna play again i have to restart. Already downloaded some memory apps but they show almost always the same data. Mostly i play with only Spotify open but sometimes almost 10 app is open and the game still runs perfect but after second start just lagg and lagg. I checked the chache folder for the game but cant see anything bad there. Im out of ideas :/

Maybe it's a High Sierra optimzation bug...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.