Support MAC Client Technical Support

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Biztart, Dec 7, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biztart

Biztart Exceptional Talent

The connection errors seem to be system-wide and is a known issue. Can you please provide screenshots for the misaligned map.

Thanks for posting the bug, this issue also appears to be a global issue across all systems.

EL-DRAGO79 likes this.
  2. Lucien

Lucien Forum Apprentice

Well unfortunately, I'm not sure how to reproduce the issue but if I come across it again I shall screenshot it. Also noticed that the duplication graphic bug I mentioned of items can also occur on the player themselves, I was wielding a shortbow and when teleporting I appeared to sort of be holding two bows in one hand.

3. Lucien

Lucien Forum Apprentice

Here's your screenshot, happened in Castle Ravencaw this time, really weird orientation too. On another note, not sure if mac specific but sometimes my cursor icon does not change.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  4. Lucien

Lucien Forum Apprentice

Another bug is within the inventory with unidentified items where the question mark seems to detach from the item and do weird stuff.

[​IMG]

5. stacker99

stacker99 Forum Master

Last bug is not just for Mac Client. It appears even in browser.

6. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

This is a known issue, and was announced in the official walk-through for the event. As stated, it is not just for Mac, but for all.

7. Bewbinator

Bewbinator Forum Greenhorn

I recently installed the game and I have this message pop up

"drasa_online_client cannot be opened because of a problem.

check with the developer to make sure drasa_online_client works with this version of mac OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. be sure to install any available updates for the application and Mac OS X."

any ideas? I'm playing on os x 10.6.8

8. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Hello Bewbinator, :oops:

I am afraid your operating system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the Mac client to run. You will need OS X v10.7 (Lion) or newer. You can upgrade to 10.0.1 (OS X Mavericks) for free. Apple has released a free operational system. More information can be found on Apple’s official website: OS X Mavericks Update

9. Lucien

Lucien Forum Apprentice

Hi, not sure if mac specific but I left myself logged in for quite some time standing still in Liar's Lair and then I noticed that my mini map had bugged and gone partially invisible.

[​IMG]

--MERGED--

I've finally figured out what's causing my Minimap to keep bugging all the time.

No idea why, but it's the "Settings" menu and it seems to act like a toggle, here's a video to show the effect.

Sometimes it goes completely invisible, other times it changes orientation and lacks borders like in my first post about this issue, in this example it went completely invisible.

Last edited by moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  10. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

11. Lucien

Lucien Forum Apprentice

There's quite an annoying issue with the custom cursor used for the game.

When you first start the game in full screen mode you have to click the screen for it to come into focus for your cursor to actually change, then if you change from full screen to a window, your cursor defaults to the black one. This also happens if you access the shop for Andermant etc.

It's very frustrating because the default Mac OSX cursor is hard to see against the dark environment in Drakensang.

12. suzyc

suzyc Forum Greenhorn

He Just downloaded the latest release, the game opens but after selecting my character the game crashes. Have tried reinstalling but the same happens.

Zamvel7 likes this.
  13. teddy.bear

Hello suzyc, :oops:

The game team is aware of the current Mac issues, and they are already working on fixing them. Updates will follow shortly, hopefully. I apologise for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience on this matter.
    Best regards,
    teddy.bear

14. Rev

Rev Active Author

There is an issue with teleporting to kingshill, mac client crashes immediately and in an attempt to go the same character at kingshill client crashes again. Basically cannot play the game. Only characters in Kingshill are bugged. Those that are not in Kingshill can teleport elsewhere but in the event of teleporting to kingshill the character will become bugged and cause client to crash.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  15. teddy.bear

Hello Rev, :oops:

As stated in the above post, the game team is aware of the Mac crashing issues and they are working on having them resolved as soon as possible. ​

Kind regards,
    teddy.bear

16. Odinon

Odinon Forum Greenhorn

As mentioned above... Game does not load, keeps on crashing...

Please solve this as soon as possible, impossible to play.

Kind Regards,
    Odinon

17. Zamvel7

Zamvel7 Active Author

18. Kawakubo

Kawakubo Forum Greenhorn

anyone getting the issue where you select the server and it closes like per usual but a new window is supposed to open up so you can start playing but that window doesn't open.. and it just stays like that, also, when i try to use the preload option it says "Failed to launch client"

also, i've never opened the game in browser, but when I login via website, i never see the play game button above my ID# and username.. I've tried with google chrome, safari and firefox.. is this normal/

19. C4NDYP4NTS

C4NDYP4NTS Forum Greenhorn

HI, I am having issues getting onto the game.... I am able to log on, then I get to the characters page... It lets me select a character and then the game seems to have completely loaded then it crashes. Does it every single time. I even deleted all files and re-installed it....

Any ideas?

<content removed>

Last edited by moderator: Oct 22, 2014
    .Kravin. likes this.
  20. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Hi @C4NDYP4NTS
    As mentioned before, the game team is working on solution.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.