Suggestion Make draken cores available outside events

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by nvmind, Jun 15, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Have you done the math? It already works like that... sort of.
    Right now, it costs 150 cores to Pristine/Soul Core craft a T1 item. In a Painful map, you get 3 cores.
    A T2 item costs 200 cores and you get 4 cores from the T2 bosses... Both went up by 33%.
    A T3 item costs 250 cores and you get 5 cores from the T3 bosses... both are 67% more than a T1 or 25% more than a T2... see a pattern?

The real problem is the addition of Max+1 Tier... getting a T8 item from T7 maps. It causes a number of issues ranging from having to do two crafts minimum when you get a new unique to having higher difficulty gaps for the core returns.

Unico and Shansurri like this.
  2. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

The thing is though, in the past once items was dropped and augmented to for example t7 the players would stop engaging the dungeons on that level, however for a 0.5% chance to drop a t8 item it keeps the players engaging the dungeons on a higher difficulty for longer.
    Yes it is true that the difficulty does not justify the drop ratio on cores.

I have been reading this post a few times not saying anything and as per one post that suggested that there be an event for 1 week that drops draken cores, that is nice and a possible solution, however the dev team will then have to make a whole roster of new events.

I was very low level when the spring festival was on but this was actually a nice event, yes players complained but grinding is how dso works.

From my point of view the last dragan I was able to farm 5200 draken core and during gwenfara a mere 4200.
    This left me worried about my dark set especially when the xmas event did not bear many fruits it nearly killed the game for me.

Now, regarding draken core on a monthly scale without having to kill grind the moon events for eternity <- we do have lb and other stuff to do...

I suggest that there is either draken core in the progress bars in events or that bosses in events like big game hunt drop draken core during that event only <- heck I would still be farming for keys right now and even neglect the lb progress if this was possible xD

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Well... every event has to give draken cores. That's the solution.

Big Game Hunt? All bosses drop draken cores on top of the other stuff.
    Full Moon? Vargulf should drop them too (he could be buffed a bit if this happens and returned to the boss rank).
    DDH? Well, that one is getting a heavy rework when it comes, but draken cores from the minibosses in the mine and the iron admiral would make sense.
    DoE? Biggest essence bosses should drop draken cores.
    Helios games? Every player killed should drop a draken core. No, we don't want this event back before they do the real pvp rebalancing.
    Etc. etc.

4. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

I totally agree, vargulf needs to drop core and to justify it is simple, the xmas bear and kranparus drops draken core, so why not vargulf?
    Yes buff him make him harder he only needs silver and not shinings this is perfect for me