Feedback #MakePrecisionShotGreatAgain

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ULTRAPEINLICH, Nov 2, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noor1991

noor1991 Someday Author

I'm a ranger but seriously? 320% damage for marked foes? how about 500% or 600%? that sounds better right?

2. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

Because 320% is such a huge difference to current 300 right?
    Ok, whatever floats your boat man

--MERGED--

*waiting for feedback*

Last edited by moderator: Nov 9, 2016
  3. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

Please rename thread to #RangerCryAndMoanCorner :p
    You'll never be satisfied with anything, not matter now good skills you have. Maybe you should just make best out of it and stop crying on the forum.

4. Opalsion

Opalsion Junior Expert

But most of us rangers don't complain about our gameplay, that's not the issue. :) We had discussion on DSO World after double dmg contra obstacles was removed and we suggested someone opening a thread on forum with few propositions to make ranger work good and cooperate with the rest of the classes. Wigger knows a thing or two more about ranger class and he only made suggestions that will help farming experience for everybody and not kill the PVP one. If you also have something good to suggest it will be great. :)

5. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

Funny troll. Thx for keeping my thread up to date. Nice signature you have there by the way.

6. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

Well, 320% is a pretty reasonable suggestion (just a 10% increase when taking damage reduction in consideration), considering what was taken with the latest fix. If you're a ranger you may have noticed it wasn't just the wall bug. Me, personnaly I'd have suggested something slightly higher, although that would be terrible for PvP.

But it doesn't matter anyway, the core problems of the class are not even in the damage. Or not the damage alone, so increasing it wouldn't do much for PvE. Nor for the current PvP. I mean, what's the difference between hitting someone 15k or 20k? Other classes can also 1-hit-1-kill. It's irrelevant if the number is just a little higher than the HP or 3x higher than the HP, it is still the same result. And if balancing classes is too hard without affecting PvP, then just make 2 different trees with different talents for PvP and PvE. That way they could even have 2 different teams working on each part of the balancing, because balancing PvE around a broken PvP system clearly isn't working.

I really like this reworked Precision Shot the OP (OP Wigger confirmed :D) proposes. Any essence cost and concentration management changes are welcome, but may I ask why you suggest this regeneration to be only when you hit a single monster? Wouldn't it be rendered useless in packs of monsters?

The stackable buff idea is also great, and I can't think of a better skill to have that kind of feature than Deadly Blow. Maybe some sort of concentration cost reductions based on the stacks, for x seconds? Or a direct concentration generation after each successful Deadly Blow, therefore we wouldn't have to compete so much with the rest of the group for the last hit 100% regeneration and we could regenerate concentration in bosses while still dealing more dmg than with the HA. Or even... after reaching an x amount of stacks our skills cost no concentration for a short amount of time! <-- How long will it take for somebody to comment about unlimited EAs? Honestly I'm not thinking PvP here, but players tend to have a better AI than the monsters, so we wouldn't stack it high enough to benefit from that in PvP.

7. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

I'am not a troll.
    First you cry how tank got to much life, he got nerferd. Then was it the dwarf class, he got nerfed. After that was it how you need armor brake skill, and so on and on ... non stop something wrong with ranger ... what the heck, if you dont like it chage class, stop crying all the time for God sake.

PS: My signature got nothing to do with forum.

8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

How about reverting it back to initial state?
    R155

Rockter likes this.
  9. noor1991

noor1991 Someday Author

I do agree with the essence cost reduction and concentration regeneration, but think about it, having these two and an increased damage as well? how OP that will be?

--MERGED--

Combine it with your other suggestions then tell me it doesn't make a huge difference :)

Last edited by moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  10. Gevilson

Gevilson Active Author

Oh no, we're just throwing suggestions away, there's no risk of them taking more than one. Don't worry about that. Even if they use one of our suggestions it would be a miracle. :rolleyes:

11. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

RA is the only class that have almost constant double damage effect on skills.

So full PS skill deals 150% damage on a non marked foe, meaning when marked damage output of skill will double to 300%, EA skill is double that with armor brake and your not happy?! really?! o_O :D

If a SW had similar skill or any other class, I'll bet you it would be an endless RA cry on the forums about it. :p

RA class is very powerful and does not need any improvements.

12. sebastian_fl

sebastian_fl Count Count

It is powerful in PVP, yes, as soon as the opponent is a mage and burst hit and run/recover strategy works. PvE requires constant damage, not a burst, and this is where the ranger 'shines'. And it becomes much more visible on bosses.

So it does indeed need an improvement. As well as one other class needs a nerf of his 'complimentary' spawnable skills.

Troneck86, Gevilson and Opalsion like this.
  13. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

True. You should know by now that every class hass there strong and weak sides, there is no perfect class.
    For PvE, team-up and stop crying.

14. Opalsion

Opalsion Junior Expert

You realize we don't talk about solo play. Yes it's good to team-up and especially on fatal runs it's something you usually have to do, but what about the bigoted people who even leave when they see more than one ranger in group? It would be nice for the sake of the community to kick this prejudice in some way and that's why we suggest some minor improvements that could easily be done.

15. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey hey heroes,

We are reading you! Trust us ;)

We are passing your opinion to our dev. team. Most of moderator teams received the same feedback after that change. We are/they are aware of your feelings.

Let's wait for the future... Let's wait for something related to balancing measures :D

Keep commenting. More is power!

Cheers,

16. LudiGrozd

LudiGrozd Advanced

But @sebastian_fl talk about solo play, pay attention. As for the multi RA team..uh I'll run like hell from them, 'couse I did try it many times and it was bad, every time. So, tnx but I'll keep my distance from RA teams.

17. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Who's persecuting the RAs now?!
    So... They're(/you're) just victimizing themselves(/yourselves).

18. Excalibur1974

Excalibur1974 Junior Expert

Till i will see in region chat a constant call for war and dwarfs ONLY, this will be the only REAL fact you can base your "storytelling".
    Who cares about who is calling that, noobs or pros.

It's a marker of the bad work of the dev team.

It's only ONE out of all the bad markers :)

sebastian_fl likes this.
  19. wangwang

wangwang Active Author

Make the thorn skill mark every opponent hit, remove original slow debuff.Marking problem solved(byebye trap and net).
    Make double concentration recovery when anything is in the thorn skill.Boss fight sloved.
    Won't affect pvp at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.