Feedback March/April 2023: Events Feedback

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Melethainiel, Mar 28, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Melethainiel

Melethainiel Team Leader Team Drakensang Online

Dear Heroes of Dracania,

You can use this thread to share your feedback regarding the current in game events. Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.​

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.
    Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.
    Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  2. Lambrusco

Lambrusco Exceptional Talent

By the way @Melethainiel you posted above "events coming in April" that both of them begin 28/3 and end 29/3 that i understand is March... is it a new way to work in DSO or is it that you work with reluctance that you don't pay atention to what you do?

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  3. draksang114

draksang114 Forum Greenhorn

events are good, but it is impossible to play error 36.

4. Melethainiel

Melethainiel Team Leader Team Drakensang Online

How lovely of you to notice a human made a simple mistake.:oops:
    Thank you!

5. LyLyh

LyLyh Someday Author

Travel ration to the Smugglers' hideout gives me error code 36 ! I tried many times - nope...
    Nice ... :(

6. giorgos003

giorgos003 Forum Greenhorn

the same events all the time, old drag used to have a diversity not sargon every month

7. Enaggelion

Enaggelion Forum Apprentice

I would like to ask 2 questions:
    1. will there be a premium day for this Easter holiday?
    2. can you please give us 2 more tabs for inventory space? With so many essences and event parts, we just don't have enough space to pick things up? Can you please make a game play smoother?

8. Alex_Thor

Alex_Thor Advanced

Hi, premium day will be soon this month?

9. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Dark Dwarf Heist:

tldr summary: Progress comes primarily from buying keys to open amphorae, and the rewards are watered down by luck. Not worth playing.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I'm running on Merciless difficulty.

Map 1 champion mob #3 is definitely stronger than stated level: I kill Parallel Bloodshed champions with more ease, and less risk of being one-shot compared to this guy.

Map 2 champion mobs drop ... zero progress?

Random mobs and security towers drop 3-5 progress ... or none. Primarily none.

Which means skipping most of the map, heading straight to the final Admiral Creeper to slowly chip away at his health bar, eventually earning 150 progress. Rinse and repeat 60+ cycles.

Yeah, I can buy progress from the amphorae, but is that really the thrill of an action MMORPG? Buying keys to open amphorae?

If the rewards were significant, maybe it'd be worth the effort, but ... loot boxes? With 90% junk prizes? And what are the chances of getting either of the two jewels (Ingredient Hunter, Gem Fortune) that do have value?

SUGGESTED UPDATES:

Lower the health bar of the end-boss, and/or
    lower the progress requirements, and/or
    increase the progress drop amounts, and/or
    increase the progress drop frequency, and/or
    increase the value of the rewards

You know, the obvious stuff.

I might go as far as the jewel chests at 4,500 progress. Or maybe only to the first pack of 5 Imperial Gem bags at 2,700 progress.

Or I may just be done.

Oh, yeah, I bought progress on Map 1, too ... 2/3rds of the progress comes from opening amphorae to get pickaxes to open geodes.

10. JarFall2000

JarFall2000 Forum Apprentice

Actualy the progress bar is not the problem you can finish the event in 2 to 3 days and the event last for 10days right its easy if you take it slowly the problem comes from the rewards 10x loot box with only drakens and drakens 9 out of 10 from the box i got is drakens and the last lootery box give infpass it was realy disapointing and yes WEE ALL SEEMS TO NOTICE THE DEFECULTY IS Way VErry OFF Merci mini boss is stronger than PW BS Like the item drops is lvl 130 Makes it no good

11. Javah

Javah Forum Veteran

For the first time, after several years spent wandering around in the game, much more out of affection than for interest or fun, I feel like thanking the developers.

I think it was a good sign to see one of the "historic" events of the game return, one of the many that lay under a dust that no one had dreamed of removing for too long. The Dark Dwarf event was a pleasant and positive surprise, certainly not for the usefulness of the event as such, at least for high-end characters, but because perhaps for the first time the new team has given the evidence of a certain will not to let this game die completely yet.

The latest "expansion", or so-called, is a real obscenity, an insult to what very little still remains of the core essence of Drakensang Online. And before and after it there had been absolute nothing, if not certainly the commitment to keep up and running a mess of code that between problems, bugs, slowness, and the usual 3-4 boring monthly events and the equally boring "annual" event month after month, it seemed about to collapse with every gust of wind.

However, this did not happen and indeed in April there was this pleasant surprise of an old "new" event that returns from the afterlife without even being announced, and which allows to savour a bit of the taste of the old, and much more amusing challenges, which the game was offering years ago. And nothing matters to me if it's not perfect, if progress is unbalanced, if it has problems, and it could have been done better.

I certainly don't delude myself that this is the beginning of a new course (as we say in Italy, one swallow does not make spring) but in any case I just wanted to tell the developers that I personally appreciated their effort, which I hope will be followed by others in the near future. Well done guys.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
  12. CiscoNetPlus

CiscoNetPlus Exceptional Talent

I really like making the event achievements, and the spring event achievements too long.

I have held the event twice (last year and this year) and I have not been able to even get half of what they ask for.
    [​IMG]

The Dark Dwarf Heist event has some old achievements that were not taken into account for this year.
    [​IMG]

Why was the travel ration value removed from The Smuggler's Greed event in Andermant?
    [​IMG]

I don't know how much it's worth in Anders anymore.
    [​IMG]

I liked this for dusting the gems. Can you correct the description?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023