Feedback Monster Hunt Event - Feedback

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, May 13, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding Monster Hunt Event.
    Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.

If you are unsure what sort of feedback is being asked for, please read this thread.

Any off-topic posts/pointless rants will be deleted.

Best regards,

Your Drakensang Online Team

2. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

the drop rate sucks i get one time 2 Hunting Badges and the rest of the time only 1 Hunting Badges we should get some 5 and 10 drops

3. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

In fact, you can get it, but for andermants. :rolleyes:

4. krawler2018

if the duration was longer than an hour each buff i wouldve bought it but its only 10, 20 and 30 min.

5. flodder

flodder Regular

We don't ask for Lamborghini's or Ferrari's like you sayd , but more drops would be more than welcome.. I have more and more the feeling that only players can finish an event with money!

6. CreeperS4

CreeperS4 Someday Author

This event in my opinion is not well designed. Before the lvl 55 expansion we had a really similar event (same mechanics) and we had to complete 4200 progress in 15 days or so, don't remember exactly. This was easily doable if you played constantly, without any need of buff. But now, we have 1500 progress in only 2 days, and droprate of progress is the same as in that event.
    So, if you want to complete the event, cancel all your plans for this weekend or buy buffs...

7. gastonp74

gastonp74 Forum Apprentice

Another pay to finish event with exorbitant buffs prices. This is the direction this company is taking. I'd like to know if BP won more money in the first part of the Infested Sewers event where buffs prices were reasonable or in the second part of the event where buffs prices were ridiculous. I'm sure they won more money in the first part.
    The problem with this company is the greed of the their executives.

8. krawler2018

in 10 hours of playing i got under 300 progress without buffs even with a 5+ buff for 20 min

9. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

The drop without the buff is pathetic. The thing about the buffs is that with 4999 ander we could take about 10 balls without any effort to farm. What i mean to tell you is that The event isn't worth it for a player that respects his character. I would gladly give you some anders if the buffs was like this.
    The +1 buff is worthless for 10' 150 anders would be good.
    The +5 499 anders is logical for 20'
    And the +10 799 anders is good for 30'..
    any more than these prices is stealing. People don't like overpriced things remember that.
    My current Anders are 1248 in other words one of those +1 bottles that will give me nothing.
    Remember that the new players don't have many anders. Cause we spend it in things we wanna have more. Not into some mounts.
    If the higher ups for once listened to the community the game would be much better.

ImmortalDeath and cogix like this.
  10. Laurie53

Laurie53 Someday Author

I got a free buff in an email, but during the 20 mins I used it I only got 1 drop, so I have 40 after an hour's play. It's not impossible but highly unlikely that in the next 34 hours of the event I could play 34 hours and complete the event. (Given that it would take 37.5 to finish at the rate I'm going, and there's a good chance I might want to eat/sleep/pee etc. That said, on the face of it the prizes are a bit more exciting that the sewers, so I'll do my usual handful of hours and see what I get. As long as it's not more realm frags....
    .. 1 hour later - I have 49 now, not looking good. And to add insult to injury there are a load of snakes being ridden in pw.
    Next day: just made the 2nd notch 182 at end of 2nd day. And I got Draken - twice! So that was a waste of energy after all. Ho hum, back to the grind.

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  11. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

This would be simpler if the progress bar just had dollar amounts listed instead of drop rate.

[​IMG]

This is just a money driven event, end of story.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  12. Duivel60

Duivel60 Forum Greenhorn

I have see and done many event's but this one cost to much time you don't get him in 2 day's lol
    You get one or two badge agains monsters funy this....

13. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

I found the progress far too slow in this event. The drop rate was far too low, so unless a player farms for a double-digit number or hours in the 24+ hours the event runs (which isn't healthy behaviour) there is no chance of completing.

My advice is, if you want any of the spheres, offered as progress rewards, just use you Andermant to buy those, rather than the short duration buffs.

The only positive I can take away from this event is that players prepared to pay to complete it are only gaining vanity items. Therefore it can' t be called pay to win. It will be interesting to see how much the lucky snake spheres will be on sale for later.

14. AmarWilrick

AmarWilrick Forum Pro

i will not pay some 15k anders for [EDIT] mount. this event is for payToWin players, this is so sad BP forget we play for fun. and now with all these events are pay to win :/

Last edited by moderator: May 14, 2017
  15. Universeea

Universeea Advanced

Pay 2 win. 5k anders for 30 minute buff? You can't be serious...
    Isn't there enough successful freemium games on the internet to get a ******* hint from?
    DSO YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG

16. Geema

Geema Forum Apprentice

I agree with many of the players here that
    1) The drop rate is extremely poor to the ratio of mobs killed
    2) Alot of us did not receive the email <my husband did but I didn't> and the free buff lasted only 20 minutes
    3) To try and compete and win something you must play non-stop without sleep. I have been on for many hours now. My client has crashed on me also. Most likely I have played more than 6 hours with a 300 count.
    4) Opening 4 of the Spheres and I have received just Draken...This does not make me want to go any further because it would take me 30+ hours to succeed and receive a snake which was my goal when I started
    5) I tried to play on painful and excruciating setting and there is no change in the drop rate. The only thing that dropped was me :p
    6) I love doing the events but I am already tired and my husband quit after 2 hours
    7) What is up with you overcharging for the buffs...why would we spend that much andemant for a 30 minute buff...it would literally cost a small fortune to try and win with the buffs continuously going...andemant can be spent on better in game content
    8) Hopefully someone is reading this and can actually improve the event for the next time
    9) Thanks for listening

Geema
    Agathon Server

17. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

this event is another p2w event. the only people not p2w that will complete are bots. it is very clear the strategy here, which is a shame as it shows that BP don't mean what they say when they care. A CM who doesn't respond to anything on here, yet puts 'joke' bonus codes on FB and then responds to any bad comments with "its just a joke, duh!!". remember, anyone who pays for ander etc, is just funding peoples wages to play "jokes" on players and listen to nothing that is said here. ban incoming....

18. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

This event is obviously a play 24x7 or buy buffs thing. As with all previous Monster Hunts this a whatever thing for me. There are no rewards here to make my toon stronger. If the devs want to go after the payer crowd in an event like this then more power to 'em :cool:

The good part of this event is extra stuff for doing my everyday playing. Maybe I'll get one of the few costumes/emotes that I do not already have but getting Draken is fine with me.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

19. cogix

cogix Regular

I did finish this event because I spent many anders (since probably in few days I will quit this game)...
    I was just curious to see what I could find inside the spheres... well, I was unlucky since I found only 16 drakens every sphere I opened, except last one where I found the mount.
    I completely agree with many playes here considering this event too "expensive" (you play all weekend or you pay).
    Few days ago there was Full moon event (and many playes unhappy), now this event (and many players unhappy).
    I wonder if anybody from DSO read comments from users and will seriously consider to change their strategy to make playes happy again

20. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

this event need at least 1 week for hard core players to finish unless if u do some creditcard transaction.............the more greedy from bigpoint the more stingy from me and u will never smell my creditcard......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.