Moon Events (review)‏

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Aug 6, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

I agree. I don't think these events should be eliminated. Maybe they shouldn't even be changed much, or at all, as they are good for new-to-medium stage players to get useful equipment. I do think they could improve the drop rate of realm fragments (just a little bit, not double or anything that drastic), or take the cost of a realm portal back down to five fragments. Just one of those things would be fine.

There used to be A LOT of events. Some of the newer players probably don't realize how event-poor the game has become. Ostensibly, this is due to bug-fixing becoming a priority. However, seeing the progress in that regard (not much, IMO) - maybe they should just come out with more content (events) and forget about trying to control the bug infestation.

The above sounds weird to me, coming from me especially; I've always been one of the people who wanted bug fixing prioritized. But, seeing as how with bugs like this positioning bug, the team seems to be completely out of their depth - maybe, maybe not... maybe they could have fixed it weeks ago... but maybe someone's dragging their heels for some reason (money)??? - seeing this... maybe they just ought to go back to making events (with lots of bugs, no doubt) and forget about trying to control something they don't, apparently, have the ability to control.

VMmage and trakilaki like this.
  2. galadriale

galadriale Junior Expert

For full moon event, it would be great to have a quest that you can farm for vials of blood (summoning) like the quest you can farm for scroll in the new moon event - about 1000 kills in exchange for the vial of blood. Moreover, decrease the amount of realm frags required for entries in both moon events.

However, the major problem is that many people get bored after playing many times, people just join the event for drakens. This is a bit tricky and seem inevitable. I will post more when I have new suggestions

shadow-whisper likes this.
  3. jthames

jthames Advanced

Last time I offered my feelings in regards to the Moon and other events such as 'tell us in 3000 words or more why you adore soccer balls and etc' :), I was banned from the forums for three weeks and my post(s) edited and/or deleted... but probably deservedly so. However, that ban pretty much screams out my feelings in the showcasing of Moon events and the demise of other Events which were much more popular according to several polls I've seen. To those who argue 'if you don't like 'um don't play 'um' , it's really not that simple as half the already miserable drops you find are related to the Event in progress. I have one toon carrying around 1300 (+/-) shards that cannot be sold yet I cannot bring myself to just throw them away.

4. bezryl

bezryl Active Author

soooo on my dk- i have used all the blood available to me except 1 and many of other peoples and NOT A SINGLE piece of the armor or weapon drop, just useless consumable emotes and a costume i already have...

whats the point of all the time preparing to get silver ess/scrolls and using up realm frags if the gear doesnt even drop

dwarf problem - moonhowlers(miniboss) when they take all of your steam away this is a verry BIG problem for dwarfs as they have no skills to recover steam and even using offhand that regens steam it is still wayyy to slow compared to the other classes.

5. Namiur

Namiur Forum Greenhorn

Same here.
    O.K. so I don't post much at all, but I have been playing for 2 years and I have played the Full Moon event since it started. But I have a major issue with this event this month. I played and finished it without a drop. All I received every time and I mean every time is 10 draken. That is the first time ever I did not get at least one piece of the equipment or the costume. This I find rather odd. Has the drop rate for the gear become non existant or what?????

6. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

My drop rate this time was 2/9 (2 unique drops for 9 kills), but I am not keeping moon uniques so they were melted. Also, I had a single 100 Draken drop in those nine kills. This is probably a bit better than average luck for nine kills.

Drops are not non-existent. Your luck on any given day is just determined by the server "random-number" generators. You can bet that if you have a no-drop event, someone else had a very good drop event. I have had total no-drop events in the past. It happens to everyone sometimes.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  7. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

I think the Full Moon event is ok. Realm fragments are not a problem, if you actually farm lol. ;)

The event is easy and fast. Had 27, 5 min scrolls when I started and when I was done I had 18. 9 scrolls to finish event. Would say that's okay for only having around 2000 DPI. Next Full Moon I try to see if I can manage on 7-8 scrolls. ^^

8. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

Wow... 1 scroll to finish 2 maps run of 4 minibosses... that is very fast.... a bit doubtful though unless it is like >1.2k damage / > blue esse

9. -DeathsRevenge-

-DeathsRevenge- Advanced

True I used blue essence. :) Being fast in the Full Moon event is about much more then stats, but I guess all "pro" players would deny that. ^^

Your correct 1x 5 min scroll - 2x runs 4x mini-boss's.

Have a friend with over 5300 DPI with 2h, who also used blue as far as I know, but instead used a 1 hour scroll to finish. Just as an example. :)

I emit after around 3-4 months playing *free-player* I am basically still a "noob" as others would say, but when it comes to farming and playing my character. I know what I do. ^^

Will take screenshots next Full Moon and show before and after with scrolls, just so all the "pro's" won't doubt it and maybe also to humiliate all the big payers/DPI players a bit. :rolleyes:

Guitarman likes this.
  10. Greekhell

Greekhell Advanced

I can't agree on that multiple events at the same time means that you have to sacrifice something. But events permanetly is a thing I would cheer for

11. jozo91

jozo91 Active Author

i dont like this event and new moon to but if we have one or two betwen this would be great

-morg1990-20 likes this.
  12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Sacrifice? Most of the players are finishing those events in 1 hour or less. :D
    What is "permanently' for you? Same moon crap over and over until all players get to another game ... because they were bored to death in this one?

13. Greekhell

Greekhell Advanced

I just said that I would like events to run at all time diffrent ones not just the moon ones like when one is over new one starts as for the 1hour deal I know I do it my self too but it the 1000 drakens jackpot that we are all after so we suck these events dry out by killing bosses all the time

14. trakilaki

Why do you need drakens when there is nothing to buy for them?

15. Greekhell

Greekhell Advanced

I want to believe that therw will be a new 50 lvl set from gnob after the expansion so I want ro have a head start beside that I still need to complete the dragon set

16. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Not everyone has been playing long enough to purchase the dark set or other items that they may find useful. I doubt anyone would argue that gnob items are the best, but as unique items or really good crafted items are incredibly difficult to get to say the least it is an option.

17. trakilaki

When I've got those items ... there were no Moon Events and no 1000 drakens drops :)
    Yet I have managed to get them without moon events and 1000 draken drop.

18. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

But your original statement was "Why do you need drakens when there is nothing to buy for them?"

There are things to buy for those who haven't played for a very long time. You may not like the gnob items or those items may not help your character at this point, but everyone hasn't had the opportunities to gather all the "best" gear, so they get what they can, when they can.

19. ElenBow

ElenBow Forum Greenhorn

Event Difficulty?

The event "new moon" , seems to be way difficult to begin with.

The monsters kill players fast , and they have too much HP , I died over 20 times doing this event , and it was not fun.

It was frustrating.

I can solo Tegan easy + Sanctum monsters - with fast speed

But the event is too hard even for 5 people in team.

Also we killed thousands of monsters there = not many good items droped - most where "improved" quality and few blue items + some gems.

MY SUGGESTION

Improve item drop rate inside event dungeons.

Decrease monster strength inside Event Dungeon.

FEEDBACK

The Theme of the event is very good.

It has a variety of different quests.

Only letdown was the drop rate of "Fairy wood"

Since it rarely droped and to light 1x cauldron need 10x of them.

And I dont know "why" do you need to put QUEST items inside a cash shop?

It completely obilirates and insults the main purpose of a quest adventure.

Quests are meant to be completed by players skills and dedication not by an easy "short cut" to buy quest items from cashshop and complete quests alot faster - while non donator people have to sweat and struggle to complete the quests.

So yes it had unfair scenery implemented by purpose.

QUESTIONS

My questions to the DSO , Developers >

When you created this event.

Did you test it out?

Since to me it seems you did a very poor job at testing it out.

You got the whole dynamics wrong in the monster scenery - they are too strong and take ages to kill - that in result make the progress slow.

And who wants "slow progress" in a Diablo-Style Hack and Slash type of MMORPG.

Even when I use 300 % damage boost and other people in Team do the same - it would still take a huge amount of time to finish the dungeon and repeat it.

It's completely absurd.

It would be 300 % more fun - if players could spend a maximum 10 minutes doing the whole Event Dungeon - and then repeating it over and over again

What type of gear should a player have to even complete the dungeon?

I use a mixture of cashshop gear with gems + legendarys with decent stats + EOC for damage boost = And I die fast - I decrease the amount of time I die by using HP potions and buffs + in team Wizard stun spells and evasion tactics + I stun and mark the targets on a fast pace - But the monsters have too much HP - and a player still has a high chance to die.

I think I wasted over 1k andermant for potions alone - what I wanted to save for inventory expansion or Epic Mount.

Another question>

Are you going to make even harder events - oriented on cashshop - and slow progress?

Instead of fast paced event dungeons?

Will the duration of events be increased or decreased?

Take care DSO community.

Last edited by moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  20. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

@ElenBow no need to open another thread as there is existing one.
    I am moving this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.