Moon Events (review)‏

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Aug 6, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XZarnak

XZarnak Junior Expert

So, I finally did this event, as rgr lvl 44...

First, need wood (some 210 fragments to visit Blackborg and farm 30 times to get over 3,000 wood). Have leftovers.

Second, need to enter roughly 20 times to get the 1620 Faery Fires (1400 fragments).

I play solo. In fact, for most MMOs, it is the wish of very many players to be able to play solo, and to solo ALL contents. It is recommendable to enable some form of ADJUSTMENT to solo, even if it means bosses will have altered drop rates.

2 whole stacks of blue essence got consumed doing the event (not mentioning the farming previous to event), meaning 2X 9.999 blues. Even then, that was not enough, and farming essence is getting difficult. Some 10,000 Potent Essences had to supplement the Blue.

Over 6700 monsters were slain (the "kill 700", and then 2,000 allows us to keep track).

GOT my 300 Draken.

However, I cannot survive or complete the virgin quest on a solo basis, which leaves Karabossa out of my reach.

A prize for Faery Fire completion, above and beyond the Draken, would be appreciated.

Oh, as to Jullov encased in ice, I took him on several times, and then, left him alone on subsequent visits: just not worth it! Too much essence for too little payoff.

2. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

I play a level 45 DK.

The full moon boss is harder than the new moon boss. I have to use health potions most times on the full moon boss when I solo it. Sometimes I use blue essences on that boss to make it easy. I don't need blues to beat it, but it makes it a stress-free fight.

I can solo everything in the new moon event without essences - no blues used - I only use green essences on Karabossa to get rid of them. Virgin quest, Jullov, etc - no need for essences. I didn't have any deaths (I would have to fall asleep to die).

Granted, I have been playing almost since the open beta started. I have not spent much money, and I don't use premium, but I have had a lot of time to build my character.

I guess what I'm saying is that the event difficulties aren't really that hard. Your character is probably not fully developed enough to fully and completely solo the new moon event.

3. ElenBow

ElenBow Forum Greenhorn

The event is resource waste - does not matter on what angle you approach it.

It's too difficult and farming drakens takes ages.

Does not matter if it's done on an individual basis or as part of teamwork - result will be the same.

SLOW , SLOW , SLOW , SLOW

I suggest the event should have dramatically increased drop rates = that drops only magic or better equipment at an alarming rate.

Also monsters should have like 1:50 chance to drop draken - so it will add up to drakens

Also higher rate to drop gems.

Also dramatically increased Exp rate when kill monsters.

Fairy Buff should last longer and have more bonuses.

Event monsters should have a drop for Essence of War at decent rate - so players could farm it for PvP or PvE Bosses.

Also monsters should drop - 20+ COT

And 30+ Andermant as drops.

Feedback?

4. Multi-Sev

All sound like great ideas, for players. Problem is, though, they would almost all reduce profit for the company. That means they won't do them.

5. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

I enjoy these events. Also they're a much appreciated source of extra draken. I'm saving for the Dragonache set.

I agree with the comments that the drop rate for the wood required for Blackborg is a little low. Please increase this. Farming for the Varholm event is fine.

It would be nice if both unique sets (Witch Chaser & Vargulf) complemented each other. So could be used together. At the moment both have hats, so can't. I would like to see the the wolf cap removed in favour of a belt or amulet.

There should also be a chance for Jullov in both maps (event Blackborg & Varholm by day) to drop uniques.

The blackborg map is well used, but there are certain areas of the Varholm map that are wasted, as there is no incentive for a player to go there. The far north passage (in and to the right of the wooden fort) and the southern pontoon to the mine in particular. Maybe locate something here by day, such as alternative locations for Jullov. Or by night, move 2 of the mini-bosses here.

Maybe, during the day, the mine at the end of the southern pontoon could be entered to a boss area. The boss could be a giant Gnome, dropping larger ammounts of silver essence, silver scrolls or a unique.

Finally, defeating Vargulf could mean that you've tamed him and there is a possibility that a wolf mount drops. A rideable wolf/warg would be very cool reward!

Please also do something about the snow texture in Blackborg. It may be my monitor settings (although i play on 2 machines and on both I see the same issue), but I find that the blue shading of the ground can make drops either; hard to see, or make it look like there's a drop when there isn't. This mainly effects the wood drops, which are an almost identical blue glow colour*.

* also please change the spell checking of your forum to proper English rather than American. It's 'colour' not 'color'. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  6. Multi-Sev

This would be the only reason for me to start doing a lot of Vargulf kills again. Also, this would be the only mount I would use instead of the Lava Hound. (As long as it was introduced as an Epic mount).

Good Idea +1

7. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

I have some ideas.
    Have random silver geodes in the night event that give a small amount of silver essence and the night time root creatures drop fairy wood. It doesn't have to be a lot of essence or wood but just a little to make it seem worth doing.

New content:
    Defeating Vargulf drops a map or clue to the mine (the once in the center of the map that sticks out into the ocean) and you can use it to enter the mine and fight more difficult monsters and a more difficult Vargulf for better loot.

Defeating Karabossa opens a portal through the fairy ring to the Fairy Kingdom where you fight more difficult Blackborg enemies for better loot.

Add some random optional miniboss to the events. Just pull ones from past Sargon events or something.

Redkiller12 likes this.
  8. iapetus

iapetus Advanced

Hello!

The main problem of these events is that they are boring, insignificant rewards,
    except for the unique ones that may be useful for some.

As Slitrobo said, a good idea would be to make more things unpredictable in maps, and
    why not, you can put in those maps funny stuff (items or some events).

And speaking of boredom again, you could make maps depending on the season, the spring season, summer, etc. and that can be seen at the maps level, looks different depends of the season and also can be seen on the items level, unique items found in the summer version looks different from those found in winter, this really would help alot I think.

galadriale likes this.
  9. galadriale

galadriale Junior Expert

Exactly, really bored, I finally feel like it is a sleeping pill.

10. uniqueranger

uniqueranger Forum Greenhorn

New Moons. It's boring and waste lots of resources. I did around 35 runs last month, all I got was 2 bow and 1 hat. This month, I did 55+ runs, 4 bows, 3 hats, 3 costume. I was going to do more, but it's just not motivated anymore. 2 events and not a single drop on shoulder/body parts that i need.

Increase drop rate of other parts please. Thanks.

11. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

OK you will get all the parts ... even if they are on max stats ... and what next?
    What will you do next? Would you play that "event" again? :D

12. uniqueranger

uniqueranger Forum Greenhorn

Since you have a question for me, I will answer it.
    I'm requesting for increase drop rate of parts, didn't specific the stats of the parts. They can increase the drop rate of lower stats parts, w/e. All I'm asking is to increase the drop rate, so players will feel more rewarded and be more motivated to do more to get better/maxed stats. Yes, this is an easy event for ander (for me atleast).

Thanks

13. trakilaki

... and we all know they will not increase the unique's drop rate ... so farming for andermants on the event map is ridiculous ... since there are a lot better places fort that. :)

14. Multi-Sev

I think he may have meant Draken instead of Andermant. It costs realm frags to enter, and wouldn't seem to be a great place to farm Andermant. There are better/faster ways to collect Andermant, as you said.

15. jeffzrx

jeffzrx Padavan

2 Tear Rings! LOL...... i don't get enough realm frags to help others as much as i'd like either

16. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

ya.... and darkset too . . . . .

17. trakilaki

Oh yes. :D
    I was testing what attacking speed I can get with short bow. But since I got ring of fortitude ... one ring went to furnace. :D
    I managed to get 2.50 attack speed and 180 concentration points.
    That just shows how worthless drakens have become. I got everything I can buy with them ... I am buying and smelting equipment ... and still got something like 6500 drakens. :rolleyes:

18. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Is that a ghost amulet? What are the stats on those? It seems the ghost gear is out of the game now.

19. trakilaki

Yes it is legendary soul-hunter amulet. It is not good it has 42 damage, 6% critical damage and 200 armor. Waiting for replacement ... I got 2 low level candidates but I am hoping for a better one.

20. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

They aren't gone from the game, rather they are only available at lvl 40 in OoB. For that reason, most people these day's don't see them because either there is someone above lvl 40 in their group or they don't go into OoB while they are LVL 40.

Darwarren and trakilaki like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.