Moon Events (review)‏

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Allogeneous, Aug 6, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

It has been suggested that we (players) offer advice instead of criticism...

So how about giving rewards that are somewhat worth the effort .... I know, this suggestion has been made since the very first mmorpg game went online, but maybe the four millionth time suggesting it would be the one that causes someone to listen :rolleyes:

I'm not suggesting a unique every time, but 1 lousy blue and a completely worthless consumable emote.... Good grief .....

[​IMG]

Had to edit after this run.....

I knew that I should have waited, because the drops do get even worse... Made me wish for the lousy blue item...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  2. Duriastriker

Duriastriker Forum Inhabitant

Dat 30 copper doe...

3. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

That one drop in your pictures that has the 10 Drak is the only place in either moon map that a unique can drop. That one drop will either be 10,100,1000 drak, costume, or one of the uniques. IOW, you will never get drak and a unique. The consumable emote is always in both maps. All the other drops are just regular rolls like you would get from any mob although I believe one is modified to be a gem drop that could be empty.

I know im not answering your post specifically but, you are guaranteed drak at a minimum everytime, unless you get the costume:rolleyes:. 10 drak used to be a small but decent reward. Now that Gnob is a memory as far as new gear, people have collected thousands of Draken and 10 drak is not so great anymore. If he ever comes with new gear people will deplete their stash and 10 drak may have more value again.

4. Melethainiel

Melethainiel Team Leader Team Drakensang Online

@Italianofreestyler , thank you for making a photo of that, but your concerns belong to Support since we can't do anything to help you here. Contact them! ;)

5. DesertKoala

DesertKoala Forum Pro

Hello Friends,

In regards to Varholm, I personally don't care for the Event. As others have correctly pointed out, if you don't like it, don't participate. I do care though; so I will comment.

On a positive note, the map is beautiful. A good contrast would be Grimm PW. That map is a straight line whereas this map invites exploration and group 'patterns' for clearing the map will vary and be interesting. It has a challenging layout and I like the nighttime atmosphere and mood.

Varholm
    What is the biggest issue with the moon events?
    1. The rewards for the effort are poor. I struggle to think of why anyone would want to do this Event other than obsessive compulsive Event disorder (OCD).
    2. The event set isn't desirable. If it was, we would be seeing it all the time in PVP. Whereas, I see Witch Hunter everywhere.
    3. There are unused long stretches of map that seem to be mob free. What's with that beach side (southern) area that takes a half a minute to walk? I can't skip stones or collect shells or sun tan. Figure out what you want to do with this part of the map other than the Jar.
    4. The main boss is uninteresting. It looks like a recycled Eternal Watch Wolf. I understand this helps save time and money in development. Remember the purple orb events mini-bosses in Swerfield? But, I do think we could get a bit more creative on the Wolf here. Put on a set of ragged clothing as if it was a transformed human gone Hulk mode. He just lacks personality and it isn't much more then mouse/key mashing. I'm not pulled into the story here at all. If I was the manager for this event, I would have a human NPC that looks like a vagabond. Clicking on him transforms him into the beast Wolf.

What do you like about the moon events?
    1. The map is gorgeous. Then again, most DSO maps are gorgeous. This one is especially well done.

What do you think needs improvement?
    1. Add an Epic Dire Wolf Mount that can only be gained by defeating the Main Boss about 100 times or collecting parts as with the Christmas Reindeer Epic Mount.
    2. Get rid of this Silver Ess requirement. It is seriously annoying.
    3. Add a 'Defender' quest on the east side of the map. Successfully defending a farm family from a wolf attack should drop gobs of Silver Ess.
    4. If Draken are to remain a reward, redo Gnob. Gnob is a disaster on so many levels: frequency, access, items for sale, and name. Just put all of this Draken junk on a Kingshill merchant and do away with Gnob. If not, replace Draken with your new Clover currency. If Clover is the new-Draken, I can understand this Event again.
    5. Consider adding helper NPC that are in human form like that in the Tutorial Quest. It would be interesting to see them change to wolf after a few minutes. Your main boss drop would be increased if you kill him with more NPC in human form. Think Mortis Souls on how that counter would work. That would be wicked fun.

OK, enough for now.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    BigPapa and silverseas like this.
  6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

The set is mostly for 5v5 DK or SM flag runners as it gives you 10% speed, a high block rate and HP; The shield is individually one of the best DK uniques in the game, with one of the best block rates. Only a quality 2 -1, 2-2 or 3-1 shield is better, and those are rare.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  7. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

:p:p:p:plmfao A new diagnosis for me and my toons-OCeD

silverseas and Darwarren like this.
  8. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Yup, it's gotta make you smile! Just enough reality to make a funny. Mighta read part of a pop psychology book.

9. silkyangel

silkyangel Forum Apprentice

Hello.. in all the time I have been doing moon events, it has changed in how many realm frags we need to get a portal, then rate of frags dropped. Now it seems the rate of wood dropping has been reduced. Is it just me or is it just Wrong to get only 5 wood for killing the tree boss??? I understand that it is a monthly event, but come on. It is just making the farming for wood more and more boring. Since it is one of two steady ways for people to get Draken, that isn't the best way to go. Is there any chance we can get this reajusted to a better drop rate for them?? thanx

Blondi3-Tegan

ViktorG75 likes this.
  10. Bariya

Bariya Forum Apprentice

These events are too hard for anyone but either a super powered level 45 players or PVP twinks.
    PVP twinks anyway don't do events because they get exp.
    So basically unless you are level 45, you can't do these events.

11. markomiljanov

markomiljanov Someday Author

For full moon event would be awesome to give shield with nice block for rangers instead of quiver.

12. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I dont think the events are hard for new players.

The full moon event wolf boss is fairly easy with a 5 player group with multiple stun attacks, and ideally stun attacks with armor breaks. One easy strategy is to use 2 dks with 3 stun attacks (iron brow, ground breaker, stun charge, which requires the stun talent for charge) to prevent wolf boss attacks as well as the rage state. If you have a dwarf, spam mech turret, heavy shot and the rocket for additional stunning and shrapnel shot for damage. The ranger and sw deal damage.

The new moon event spider boss is pretty easy with 3 man groups as well. Use a high armor dk and 2 damage dealers. Its even easy for a weak dwarf using blues and spamming mech turret and shrapnel shot, but that takes time running in a circle.

As for a review, I like these two events. I do think that the amount of frags needed to enter could be adjusted, either by reducing the frag entry costs or increasing the frag drops.

13. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

These events are not hard but super boring.

14. crazyelli

crazyelli Junior Expert

15. crazyelli

crazyelli Junior Expert

My only issues are that when you go to the Moon events in a group that the group is bugged,, and only 1 person from group gets drops,,thats why the last few i have not even tried to do them..please fix that issue and more will do the events

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

When the group is "bugged" ... you don't even start playing the map. Exit the map immediately.
    What we (me and my friends) do to avoid this "bug": Only the group leader enter the map (usually the group leader is the player who have most realm fragments) ... then he uses chat and says "go" or "don't go". If the map is bugged when the leader is already in ... he waits for a few moments (sometimes everything gets back to normal after short time) ... if nothing happens he exit the map and enter again.
    That is how we solve this issue ... until the Dev. Team find solution for it. :rolleyes:

17. crazyelli

crazyelli Junior Expert

we have tried that and wasted over 100 frags at on time trying to get in as a
    group.. it did not work

18. Teleportist

Teleportist Advanced

Can the Witch Chaser/Hunter hats be changed, so that female characters don't look bald when wearing them please?

Mindship, Muscle and awaroa like this.
  19. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

just solo'd the spider again,thx for the karab staff again n again n again.for the 200th time.
    and the non permanent Wave n the portal to varlm n 3 realm frags
    out of all this times i wasted in here you should comp me the whole gear set.thx :eek:
    if drops keep going like this then take away the Magic scroll so we can go in 1000x to kill it.
    its not suppose to be a lottery.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  20. awaroa

awaroa Advanced

yes i dont like looking bald.
    Also my achievement rank is gorgeous woman but when some player rest cursor on me the rank reads to them handsome man, this is not good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.