Suggestion Nerf the Rangers

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Master0fpuppets, Dec 5, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duriastriker

Duriastriker Forum Inhabitant

The block isn't that big of a issue, though....the precison shot doing double dmg when marked is kinda op in my opinon...maybe tone it down in PvP? o_O

Trailboss1 and Master0fpuppets like this.
  2. Teller-Ulam

Teller-Ulam Forum Greenhorn

Why just PVP? Are all classes equally good in PVE?

3. Duriastriker

Like all 4, they have there pros and cons. As for this topic, I can see precison shot doing double dmg being useful, it is. But in the case of pvp, if you don't block, its most of the time a one shot kill if critted. Instead of double, +33% or something seems reasonable in pvp.

4. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

Sheesh, is it at all possible that the classes are actually mostly balanced? People see something in a skill description and think oh that's not fair, I need to complain in the forum about that.

Rangers mark, DKs headbutt, SW vortex, and even the Steam Mechs get an armor break from their rocket. Each causes subsequent damage to be increased. Still think it's unfair? I think Rangers should get an Armor break skill too, it's only fair (sarcasm inferred):rolleyes:.

Multi-Sev likes this.
  5. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

i just dont like like tripping over and being stopped by my groups wolves , haha
    oh and my own guardian too...makes a nice shield,but id like to walk through it,not be blocked by it..

Trailboss1 likes this.
  6. Duriastriker

Maybe, but there not as balanced as they should be, clearly..

7. Masamune56

Masamune56 Forum Apprentice

Hi all,

just a sidenote for Hartvig this link directs you to my testing grounds XD

Just remove the /Test/ to get the correct link ;)

Friendly yours.

8. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

Rangers are now so powerfull. Why does a ranger need 1300 damage (averige), 10% slow down on marking and double damage on marking? Is it not enough all that damage?
    I think you should just remover double damage and set percision shot higher on 180% it's more then enough with that much damage, no need for double damage witch makes precision shot 300% or 3900 damage + critical damage procentige (lol)
    Classes are not balanced at all.

Maybe the blame is on skill and not the whole class? hmm

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  9. BigBongo

BigBongo Forum Apprentice

Ranger has the worst damage now.
    SW does more damage than ranger because elemental damage ignores armor and most mobs and players don't have high resistance.
    DK does more damage than ranger because of ability to use 2H-weapon with 40% dmg increase talent. A DK friend told me he has 2.5k damage with 270% crit dmg. Insane.
    Both SW and DK also has skills that lower armor and resistance so yeah...

If you ask me, devs should definitely nerf DKs.
    The current DKs have everything: they have the highest armor, highest HP, highest dmg, and skills that can make them invincible heal effectively.
    Also for a DK rage is not an issue like ranger's concentration because their HP when lost becomes rage, and then they use mighty wild spin and other skills to heal back hp.

DK is the most overpowered class in the game. Period.

Amethystine likes this.
  10. .krom70.

.krom70. Active Author

yeah lol that is a good one!... however ..guardian placement can fix that easy...

--MERGED--

im aware of all these blogs..im slippin in a note here..i will try hard to make an sw with great armour levels and damage to see how close I can make my sw to those stats..if not ,.don't care..great game guys..with all the little issues ..yeah you'll fix them eventually, but still overall.. great game.! merry x mas dso..!!!

Last edited by moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  11. Trailboss1

Trailboss1 Forum Mogul

Yeah, you're wrong there. A DK can't really have those skills as the highest. A DK player has to pick which way he wants to go. Either high hp/armour or high damage resistance. Whatever. Forgot whoelse said it, but I've been playing a DK for a couple years now. Wasted so many CoTs trying to find that "right combination" of attributes. Sure, a DK can wield a 2 handed weapon and cause mass damage, but on the most part he/she will lose a alot of armour/block rate. And I had probably one of the best DKs on my server help me with mine. So for you to state that DKs are way OP just isn't true.

I've fought both rangers and mages over the years. Some are soft as butter and others I just couldn't kill. No matter what gear I wore. We (DKs) still have to catch those that have range attacks. Keep that in mind.

Master0fpuppets likes this.
  12. Master0fpuppets

Master0fpuppets Forum Baron

What makes you think that mage is not sopose to have highest damage of all classes? Mages speciality is high damage.
    Hah, you realy think it's easy to get 2500 damage on 2 handed sword? You have no idea how wrong you are, mate.

Is that a joke? I know rangers with 1500+ damage with a buckler and short bow +248% critical damage, you do the math how much damage can he make with precision shot and double damage on marking ... think again who should be nerf

100% correct!

13. BigBongo

You really think that it is easy to get 1500+ damage with ranger with a buckler? See, 1500 is about as high as the damage goes on a ranger. And that ranger would have to sacrifice a lot of attack speed or crit. But for a DK, 2500 or even 3000 damage is possible now. Unlike DKs and SWs, rangers don't have OP 2H weapons. What if we can use buckler with longbow? longbow is the worst possible weapon in the game, slow and only has the options of 1H weapons. Most rangers would be very happy if Devs make longbow a 2H weapon and give it the stats of 2H weapons.

I know what the Devs were thinking. They think that just because ranger can use shields with longbow they should nerf longbow, give it only like 30% of the stats of 2H weapons. Heck, even the Dragan set bonus is only 15% longbow dmg while DKs get 30% 2H dmg. In the end, being able to use a shield is not worth the amount of damage you gain from using a 2H weapon.

Did I also mention and DK also has the best attack speed on weapons? A DK 2H sword has 1.05 attack speed?
    1.05!!!
    A shortbow has 1.05 attack speed! A wand only has 1.00 attack speed! And a DK's 2H weapon has more attack speed than a 1H weapon, what is this unfairness?

All day long I hear complaints about double damage this double damage that. You know what? Double damage of bad damage is still bad damage. Even with double damage ranger has still the worst damage, what is this unfairness?

Yet here they are, DKs who can't do simple math about block % wants to nerf the second worst class.

FYI, given the same numerical value, blocking damage reduction has a higher % than blocking chance. Make sure you know what you are talking about before you create a funny thread to humiliate yourself like this.

You guys miscalculated terribly developers. You thought DKs were weak just because they were brought down from their god-like status prior to the big nerf. So you gave them more and more power and now they're back to their god-like status.

Of course developers, you wouldn't care because you think it wouldn't affect your revenue. Well as more and more people become fed up with pvp they will leave drakensang. No the heavy p2p players will NOT change to another class and spend another 10,000 euro. They will simply just quit.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  14. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I've got a basic question............

If I accept the premise that a ranger when properly equipped is almost god-like, then why aren't you spending your time building this character instead of complaining about it?

That would seem like the logical solution.

15. Disoriented_Neighbor

Disoriented_Neighbor Forum Apprentice

OP may be trolling. I know one when I smell one.
    Oops, nevermind, that's just me.

16. Masamune56

Masamune56 Forum Apprentice

Hi all,

i would like to add my own troll to this sterile topic that i'm surprised isnot closed yet :
    You are wrong: mages are specialized in control and area-of-effect damaging skills, big difference with rangers who are actually the ones specialized in high damage.

That's why mages are particularly loved in PvE for their control and aoe skills, but .... rangers are definitely the PvP gods, simply thanks to one of their skills: marking, while other classes can't reliably add a damage boost to any not dumb player.

On top of this pretty convenient particularity, rangers can be proud of a 100% and direct damage boost from their marking, compared to a realistic and indirect 85% for other classes' skills.

You guys can argue whatever, but can't refute rangers marking does all the pvp job, way before anything else.

So yeah i'm inclined for a slight nerf of rangers' marking, but also to regen in PvP arenas from equipements : those should be disabled.

ooops i forgot to admit i werenot really trolling XD

Have fun !

17. DiabloadiK

DiabloadiK Forum Apprentice

i think the idea here is ranger not same/equal to DK block rate % since his a long range...it might be lower than DK and SW has much more lower to ranger because of his unparalleled damage.

the idea here of each class have the advantage & the disadvantage either in PVP or PVE so that may the game more enjoyable in each class.tnx

18. BigBongo

But the only problem is that now DKs can have both unparalleled damage and unparalleled defense.

19. markomiljanov

markomiljanov Someday Author

What about concentration being so low and running out so fast?

20. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

First you claim that rangers get more block than other classes, and say they are OP because of that. When that doesn´t work, you shift to complain about their dmg... C´mon, you are just here to complain because you can´t win against them in PvP.

This guy actually does know a LOT of this games mechanics!

Like i said before, each class has pros and cons.
    Mages exceed at AOE, DK´s tank(more specific, regen) and rangers can do insane bursts of dmg in few seconds.

There is uncountable posts about rangers being OP because of their quick dmg, but there is also lots of posts about mages stun and DK´s regen.

Classes has differen pros and cons... accept it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.