Feedback (New) Full Moon Event

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Sep 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

When you see that you will get the chest, enter in higher dificult mode.

2. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

does it work? i thought the loot quality from the chest doesn't change

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

No it doesn't :D

4. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

in fact i remember that i tried to open one of such chest in painful varholm
    it gave me a EDIT tier 0 item

Last edited by moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  5. Jlcoeur69

Jlcoeur69 Forum Greenhorn

ok i am very new to game so i dont think i have had the chance to do both old and new events. that said i really love the full moon event!!! my only problem is drop rate of unique gear..... me and my friend ran the event and maxed out 5600 progress the first night we had random ppl join us and we killed vargul atleast 40 times i got 2 wolfslayer helemets friend got 4 wolf slayer quivers and the bow.... but we got like 10 emotes and outfits each lol and not one unique from champion monsters. so i'd say if anything increase drop rate of gear please.
    I also agree with posts about obtaining vials of blood other then progress.. i know you can buy from john but only 1 per day maybe increase that to 5? and maybe make it a random drop from champions (instead of progress have a chance to get a vial?)
    I also like the idea of the mine its pretty quick and can get much needed essences.
    I'd like to agree with the post about better and possibly more frequent drops in harder lvl's we did 2 painful runs which are very long and costly. as i said we are new to game and tbo our base dmg is like 3-4k so it is very hard for us as we are doing events to get stronger and better stuff but are frustrated at the lack of drops that we can use instead of just melt.

id like to say we really enjoy the game and so far Full moon event is our favorite. but it is discuraging to get to 55 in 2 months and then have no way to really advance because events/parallel world are just to hard for gear we can find or buy. so plz consider making it a little easier for new players to be able to get much needed gear from these events so we can enjoy all the game.

thnks for the time this is an amazing game and i look forward to events we havn't seen yet like sewers/dragan ect.
    server: Agathon Name: AlphaDoggg

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I tested this with the 1400 progress reward chest and got a tier 0 helmet. Went into infernal II when I was just below the 1400 prog mark and got my chest on one of my toons and opened it while in the infernal II varnholm. Tier 0 junk.

7. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I was gone all weekend. Got back Monday night. Got to the event at 1 day and like 2 hrs remaining and got to play for almost 2 hours. And Tuesday I only got about 45 minutes of time before the event ended. Within that time:

The speed rune was at 1560 progress. I made it to about 1490-1510, not sure exactly. Why? Because there is NO WAY TO SEE WHERE YOU GOT AFTER AN EVENT ENDS !!! :mad::mad: We need, under the Journal, a fifth tab in the middle labled "Events" and the last event bar (with progress rewards) shown so we know where we got. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Maybe with the last two events from each event in it's own sub tab like the Compendium and Achievements are layed out would be nice. Don't need all the text and monster pictures, just the event bar section. Then we could get pictures and compare with the next event and each other.

The 1400 chest you guys are talking about, I'm not sure mine had anything in it. And if there was, it was so mundain that it went to sell (green) or melt (blue+) because it wasn't worth anything. And I got none of those "map rewards" listed when you enter. Those look nice, but take months to years to get. :(

Now, on Monday night, I actually, for the first time ever, got into the Blood Moon map (*cheers*). I liked it. What I don't like is that there is no way to get to the mine map. On a trip, a toon should be able to get to all three maps... thus what we need is one of either:
    • 1) a way to get from Blood Moon to Mine
    • 2) a way to come back from blood moon map to Varholm map (still finished as completed when toon/party left), so that we can then go to the Mine.

I was amazed that in just under 3 hours how far progress I got (Blood Moon map massively helped there). With prep before next month, I actually can see completing my first event progress bar. :):):)

8. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Yeah, blood moon makes all the difference in the world. There are plenty of areas that need improving, but this is still one of the better events.

9. alchimista

alchimista Forum Pro

Until today, full moon event undergone many changes , BUT with autumn 2017 almost on us, this is THE BEST event running on DSO ( my personal opinion ).
    • balanced progress rate
    • good drop rate of items ( as an event , should intended to be )
    • buffs for speed up the progress

I Hope that incoming events will align with Full Moon structure

10. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Pretty cool event
    This is and has always been a reasonably balanced event, as far as I remember, in terms of time needed to finish it, counting in the Blood Moon map that speeds the progress up significantly.
    And it's a pretty map and has story that is being told in quite an interesting way, and oddly enough I like the fact that you need to visit Varholm at different times to complete the story line and to be able to open the Blood Moon map. It makes the whole thing look complex and the existence of Varholm is justified.

Poor rewards ~ not much motivation [end game]
    However, I'm always asking myself why I'm even playing this event. After one completion of both Varholm and Blood Moon over Varhom, the whole surprise element is gone, so maybe there are some cool rewards to work for repeatedly.
    Unfortunately there are none anymore. Once you have the wolf mount, the blood whirl effect thing, the hunter costume, and once you find out that the Might of the Wolf Slayer set is too weak for you, and the Blood Rune set is not really a thing for damage dealers which you aspire to be, there are just 2 small speed runes to work for.
    And btw. I completed the latest season without a single unique drop. If I were a player who really really wants the set, I'd be super angry.

Prior to the Qaizah equipment rework, uniques could be upgraded from tier I to tier II by simply combining 4 tier I's. That system kept me coming back to Varholm, farming the uniques like mad, so I could combine them to higher tiers.
    That is impossible now because you can't craft higher tiers this way and as I mentioned at the ed of the last paragraph, I don't get any uniques from Varholm anymore. Bad luck, I guess.
    So anyway, as this huge motivation is no more, there is nothing but the speed runes to keep me going, which is pretty poor because the total +0.04 att./sec. is just... meh.

Suggestion

- So I suggest that you design a few different progress bars, meaning a few different sets of rewards, that keep alternating each season.
    - And maybe try adding some more quests that can be taken repeatedly, perhaps randomly appearing... to give people some more motivation to be coming back there.
    - Do something with the unique drop rates. It's impossible if you finish the event without a single unique drop.

11. aymene1994

aymene1994 Forum Greenhorn

We want to add new facilities to add tasks and map in Fremol so that it would be better to make a sequential map means a map of your intervention, other than what was in the celebration of misguidance.

12. Nostradamus88

Nostradamus88 Active Author

come on guys... 50 runs to bloodmoon mage and still no stones. How are we supposed to build attack speed and reach the old players???

13. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I have not seen the 2H speed runes drop from the bloodmage since getting 4 total in the first 2 months they were available.

14. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

I like the fact that event progress drops are now auto-loot :D

15. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Sure... But since they took their time to modify something in FM, they should've also enabled the silvers ess for the bloodmoon map... or disabled the shining silver ess for varholm just to make it more DSO-like. :rolleyes:

16. Demon

Demon Forum Mogul

Did anyone notice that we dont have blood vial on sale anymore?

PS Sale not shop, last event i have bought a vial from that barrel in event map.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  17. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You could never buy Vial of Werewolf Blood in the shop.

18. SillySword

SillySword Regular

I think there is another bug of Full Moon Event in R211 now. I can't get any silver essence from those random gnome mini bosses in Moonsilver Mine. Total quantity of silver essence farming is much lower than before. Dev. team should check Varholm at day too.

Thanks!

ps. Just one day before Full Moon Event now. Those random gnome mini bosses in Varholm at day are OK. But Jullov gives no essence.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    ghostmagicus likes this.
  19. Paavelsons

Paavelsons Regular

event back yes they were on sale on varholm map. it was 400 to 900 ander something. dont remember. but it was cheap

20. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

Same problem here at this time, no answer yet from BUGPOINT, and event will start pretty soon. Well, i say to be prepared for buying silver ess i guess, or farm harder than before for it.

--- MERGED ---

This game seems more and more deserted by each day. In tha past , when full moon was starting, region chat in kinghill was so fast, than hardly can be read, nowdays u can easyly go drink a beer.

Good job devs.

Last edited by moderator: Aug 28, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.