Feedback (New) Full Moon Event

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by Sunlight, Sep 1, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingKrazy1

KingKrazy1 Active Author

The Full moon event has always been my favorite, and I enjoy it every month. However, there is room for improvement.

First, for Vargulf, make the fourth set bonus modify a specific group effect (middle 3) skill by 5%.

Although his set is useless for lvl 55 players, I used it on my ranger for a little while when i was level ~25-35. Now that group skills have been added to DSO, the set is even more useless even for low level characters. The set bonus for having all four items equipped is +0.5% health regen per critical hit with a certain skill (BWS for DK). Because the DK has a group skill that gives everyone in the group %health per crit hit, this bonus is irrelevant. I think this set bonus should be changed to modify the group skill. For example, if I am a DK, the set bonus for all four vargulf items equipped would be +5% health per crit hit done by BWS (ie, it would modify the DK's second group effect skill). For spell weavers it would increase frost nova group skill by 5%, For Rangers it would add 5% to the net group skill, and for dwarfs it would add 5% to the steam conductor group skill. Or, another option (if the intent is to keep the critical hit requirement) is to make every class just heal the whole group (as the DK does with BWS). This would make the set a healer set, and would make Vargulf's set useful for a developing character.

For Bloodmage, bring back the blood stone and moonstones (or something similar). Not with those exact effects, but with a similar effect. Also, have him drop draken. Not a large amount, but something to make the grind for shining silver ess more worth it. Maybe make the 4th set bonus for the bloodrune set also heal all group members. There should be more set bonuses for group play.

---MERGED---

Wrong event. This is the Full Moon (AKA Wolf) Event. Your feedback is about the New Moon (AKA witch) Event. This is the feedback thread for new moon.

Last edited by moderator: Sep 5, 2018
  2. DamarèRo

DamarèRo Padavan

3. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

I thought I'd seen someone mention Julov recently, but I couldn't find the reference.

So, my feedback: That family of fairly tough monsters which appears on rare occasion in Varholm (daytime) is bugged regarding drop rate of essence. As in, I got 0 essence from the entire lot of them.

Zero essence.

This was in Painful, level 55 steam mechanic.

Mods, even if you've reported that bug before, please, please ask the devs to reconsider the extreme nerfing of essence dropped in both Varholm and the Mine. My last 4 runs in the Mine (on Normal) have netted ~130, ~225, ~550 (500 from the mini-boss 50 from all other mobs combined), and ~130 essence. In only one run did I get more than 10 essence drop from a any single regular or champion mob; champion mobs frequently drop 0 essence.

(When I say "mob," I mean the miners; I know the Vikings don't drop essence.)

Prior to the recent nerfing, I would regularly drag 600 to 1200 essence from the Mine.

Shansurri likes this.
  4. Purgerzg

Purgerzg Active Author

Today I encounter Jullov on inf2 (I was thinking that he is removed from game),and I did not receive any ess.And about nerfing ess drop from Mine,I do not know because I have "problem" with shining ess :)

5. Orange_George

Orange_George Padavan

well I just was farming for silver essence in Varholm and I found Jullov!
    on 2 maps I seen him but to my surprise I did not get any silver essence.
    why have him at all if he's got none?

6. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

Have you actually noticed his drop? It's so much better than many PW bosses...

People, why are you complaining? You can collect that ess from other mobs and minibosses on both maps, just don't omit them. Besides, there's still the chance to get the cursed amphorae which gives a lot of silver ess (while the event is active, it also gives the shiny silver ess). I'd rather have Jullov as it is now.

7. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

The event has changed so that:

Less essence drops from all monsters (No, DSO, we will not buy more essence that way).

The leaders which drop progress in the first map are totally random in number, and some maps have only one.

There are more of the little annoying mobs which give us literally NOTHING-- they are essence users, period.

Overall, this went from being my favorite event, to being a problem. Thanks for nothing, DSO.

8. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

The point is, >all< essence drops have been nerfed: mobs, champions, mini-bosses, julov (now 0 essence, not just reduced, but completely eliminated), in both Varholm and the Mine.

And the cursed amphorae? It shows up every 30, 40, 50 runs? Differs for each player, of course, but in my experience I can go several months in a row without seeing it.

Getting less than 200 total essence in a combined Varholm / Mine run (which is what I achieve in approximately 50% of my Normal runs) is in my mind unacceptable, especially for a new toon struggling for ways to improve. For awhile, this event was a reliable growth opportunity.

Shansurri likes this.
  9. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

amazing did 1 run just thru mine on fatal, 1003 essence and 34 pebbles sounds seriously nerfed

10. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

you get the same amount of pebbles per run on every difficult IE 30 on average for every run
    It's useless to do the mine on higher difficulties, if you want to farm pebbles

11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

The first map leaders have been random for quite some time. Pretty much ever since the bloodmage map came out.

That sounds about right for the entire level 55 game. Pebbles have been pretty consistently in the 20-40 range for a while.

12. BigHink

BigHink Forum Inhabitant

Leaders and drops do not seemed to have changed at all. Have not encountered Julov yet. Do not understand how someone loved this event and now hates it when nothing has changed.

13. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Different players are apparently experiencing different drop rates. In my experience, drop rates have diminished, demonstrably so. Multiple Mine runs with sub-200 total essence per run is a significant nerf … again, colored by my experience.

The fact that Julov's family now drops zero essence on the main map (several people have corroborated my experience in two recent encounters) is clearly a nerf, not an opinion.

I agree that the number of champions monsters varies run to run. But prior to the recent "update," I don't recall ever killing a champion mob and getting zero essence in return. Now that happens virtually every run.

Again, I'm entering at either Normal or Painful modes. Maybe you're running at higher modes which have better drop chances and better drop volumes? Maybe the devs are trying to encourage running at higher modes in order to get adequate essence to finish an event? But instead of increasing drops at higher levels, they're nerfing drops at lower levels?

Or, maybe I'm simply unlucky. But, judging by the number of comments above corroborating my experience, it appears that more than luck is involved.

Shansurri likes this.
  14. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Champions do not drop Silver essences anymore. Leaders (End boss in the map) still drops Silver essences and that has not changed.
    Champion drops used to be the biggest contributor to Silver Essence. Now that they no longer drop Silver Essences, the Drops have been nerfed quite a bit.

However, I think this is better. Previously it was giving way too much Silver drops. Now the drops are reasonable.

15. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I and most everyone else in the game will definitely disagree with you.

I'm thinking that you'd be great if the silver drops went to the same order as the wood... Which would be, and is, absolutely ridiculous.

16. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

The drops are level dependent.
    I was running my new DK (level 38) last night and I was getting 1000-1200 silver essences per run (m1+mine) on Painful.
    On my ranger on Infernal III I am getting 3500-6000 silver essences per run.
    If the essence stack was up to 9999 like it used to be ... i would have to discard all those essences.
    The main issue is the "randomness" ... those drops are dependent on the monsters present on the map.

17. Shansurri

Shansurri Active Author

All I know is that I've run this event for the last year, and starting at the last event, with three different toons, I found the essence drops nerfed all around, the little worthless mobs increased (requiring more essence per trip), and the mine leaders no longer dropping any/as much essence. Leaders in the first and second maps vary widely, from having 5 or more, to having only 1 of them. 1 = 25-50 progress for a single event run if you are not yet on the Bloodmoon map. The changes to the event are detrimental, especially to newer players.

I just did a run with a very young toon on Normal. I ended up with 700 essence after clearing both maps, my team member ended up with 300 essence. Figuring 500 average then, a new player will need to run both maps completely 7 times in order to get the first quest done (Rubina's 3500 essence). My toon is young-- I may possibly have enough glyphs to get the first quest done, but obviously won't be able to compete in the full moon event itself.

Ya'll keep commenting here as people who have played for years. Sometimes that's helpful, and sometimes it just makes it so your entire perspective is wrapped up in having a veteran set of toons with unlimited resources.

18. trakilaki

I agree with this one ... I did get only 25 progress in the last event on Infernal III. Basically there was not a single miniboss present on the map.
    The drop is not dependent on how long you play, it is same for all.
    The minimum I get is 700-800 per run on Normal difficulty ... but those drops can be increased IF you manage to get the cursed amphora or/and high drop from the bosses in the mine (you often get 700 -1200 from a single drop).
    If I want to increase my drop I am asking some of my friends to take me few runs on their back on higher difficulty.
    As for the unlimited resources ... no one has unlimited resources on live servers. I am farming resources just like any other player ... everything I have on my main toon is earned with hard farm over the years.
    Here is my toon with "unlimited resources"
    [​IMG]
    and these are my best gems
    [​IMG]
    Wisdom level 25 - because of the mentor bonus.
    The only special gem/rune I have got is +5% XP from the daily.

Varholm is not a farming place for silver essence anymore ... the mine is the place for farming and it is dropping decent amount.

Shansurri likes this.
  19. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Again, each player's results may vary … I am not exaggerating when I claim I've had several runs in the Mine with less than 200 essence in total drops … for me, the mobs and champions are dropping very little or nothing, so if the mini-boss drops only 2 x 50 silver essence (which has happened twice recently) or even 1 x 50 + 1 x 100 (which has also happened more than once recently), farming for the event becomes depressing to the point of considering writing it off.

In the past I used to log the results of every run. I'll get back into that habit so I can illustrate my results.

Shansurri likes this.
  20. trakilaki

I didn't say you are exaggerating ... if you are playing on Grimmag PM me (Karakurvonpickof - Ranger), i will take you to Infernal II or III. I might show you a trick or two on how to improve your drop ;)

dkarl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.